Register now to remove this ad

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Returning Pedey!

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimmi View Post
    He is not a good defender, but IMO, Bogaerts desperately needs to sit for a few games. The defensive difference between Nunez and Bogaerts should not be that great, but the offensive upgrade should be.
    Pedey had a very good night defensively and while he is bound to be rusty at the plate he held his own, got a hit and fouled off a few against Chapman. Nice to see him back.

He is not a good defender, but IMO, Bogaerts desperately needs to sit for a few games. The defensive difference between Nunez and Bogaerts should not be that great, but the offensive upgrade should be.
    Exactly.

We need a well rested Bogey for the playoffs.. . this coming from a guy who obsesses over premium SS defense.

Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    Exactly.

We need a well rested Bogey for the playoffs.. . this coming from a guy who obsesses over premium SS defense.

I'd find it difficult to say "Bogey" and "premium SS defense" in the same sentence.
    It's a mere moment in a man's life between the All-Star game and the Old Timer's game.
    -Vin Scully

Last night showed why Sox need Pedey in the lineup. His glove is a difference maker and throw rusty at the dish came up with a hit.

He's not even going to play complete games right now.
    Yup and it's the right call. Defense is a premium in the playoffs (see WS 2013) and they'll need a healthy Pedroia.
    ( I won't say the "C word.")

Quote Originally Posted by oldtimer View Post
    Pedey had a very good night defensively and while he is bound to be rusty at the plate he held his own, got a hit and fouled off a few against Chapman. Nice to see him back.
    Very nice to see Pedroia back. He made his presence defensively known right away. It will be good to get Jackie back today. There is nothing I like better than a well pitched, well defended game.

Exactly.

I am with you on the defense at shortstop, but I am having such a hard time watching Bogaerts at the plate right now. He needs some time off.

Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    Yup and it's the right call. Defense is a premium in the playoffs (see WS 2013) and they'll need a healthy Pedroia.
    I agree that it's the right call. I would rather have him healthy for the postseason than playing all out right now. The team is holding its own without Pedroia in the line up everyday.

I am with you on the defense at shortstop, but I am having such a hard time watching Bogaerts at the plate right now. He needs some time off.
    Maybe even a week off- right after the Yankee series would do.

"Just one more thing..." Northern Star's Avatar
    Pedroia's contract is looking better and better.

I think we're gonna have to do a Pablo with him.
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

Quote Originally Posted by joeycaps View Post
    So shut up because you have no idea on what you say on anything as evidence of some of your ridiculous posts.

Pedroia is not healthy. Who knows if he ever will be again. He is being gritty and gutty, but he’s hurting your team

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    Pedroia is not healthy. Who knows if he ever will be again. He is being gritty and gutty, but he’s hurting your team
    It is too bad to see him in this diminished capability. Age and injury have taken a toll and he is not the same guy of just a couple of years ago. Maybe with recovery from his injury, he will be a top notch second baseman again but if that occurs, it will be next year.

Quote Originally Posted by oldtimer View Post
    It is too bad to see him in this diminished capability. Age and injury have taken a toll and he is not the same guy of just a couple of years ago. Maybe with recovery from his injury, he will be a top notch second baseman again but if that occurs, it will be next year.
    Let's hope that they can get that knee healthy and that it is not too far gone.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Let's hope that they can get that knee healthy and that it is not too far gone.
    You mean that knee that Machado fucked up? That knee?
    It's a mere moment in a man's life between the All-Star game and the Old Timer's game.
    -Vin Scully

Next year we can not use pedroia in the field as much as normally. He is good for 60 games a year max!

Another signing that Larry pushed down our throats that should not have happened.