Register now to remove this ad

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Theo beats Ben to the punch (Haren)

Theo beats Ben to the punch (Haren)

ESPN reported tonight that the Cubs have traded Carlos Marmol to the Angels for Dan Haren.

Re: Theo beats Ben to the punch (Haren)

Oops, missed this in the rotation thread

Quote Originally Posted by Red Foreman View Post
    Oops, missed this in the rotation thread
    oops... Do you work in a kitchen?

Legend

I heard on twitter no deal with the Cubs.

Cubs pulled out from deal. Marmol had no trade, must not have been able to waive by midnight

Swoop, Cherrington, swoop!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by seabeachfred View Post
    Also we have to trade Bogaerts and Bradley while they still have some interest from other teams. They are lemons. Are you aware that X is hitting less than 130 with RISP. As I said in April we could have a choker on our hands. I will say this August....WE DO HAVE A CHOKER ON OUR HANDS.

Legend

Asking Ben to swoop is like asking a turtle to fly.

If Ben did swoop, half of you would just give credit to LL and Dracula anyway.

It fell through, boy blunder must want to see if Haren limbs are still attach without strings.

Deity

Sounds like savior Theo, the boy blunder, did not have all of his ducks lined up...Jeez what a surprise.

Quote Originally Posted by jung View Post
    Sounds like savior Theo, the boy blunder, did not have all of his ducks lined up...Jeez what a surprise.
    I just came on board and heard this news. You guys are ahead of the curve on this. Now if I had any confidence in the bungling Cherington I would believe he would now swoop down (as one of you said) and get Haren for our team. I mean we can do better than Marmol, can't we? Of course, we can do better t han Cherington too, but we're stuck with him and can only hope that this time around he starts getting things right.

I like the Papi signing because we can use the power and I would like him to finish his career in Boston because I think I'm becoming a softy. Still, I think it would have been better to have signed him for one year with a team option. Keep in mind he can't play much defense, has proven to be injury prone and had been injured on many parts of his body the past four or five seasons. Plus he turns 37 this month.

Quote Originally Posted by seabeachfred View Post
    I just came on board and heard this news. You guys are ahead of the curve on this. Now if I had any confidence in the bungling Cherington I would believe he would now swoop down (as one of you said) and get Haren for our team. I mean we can do better than Marmol, can't we? Of course, we can do better t han Cherington too, but we're stuck with him and can only hope that this time around he starts getting things right.

I like the Papi signing because we can use the power and I would like him to finish his career in Boston because I think I'm becoming a softy. Still, I think it would have been better to have signed him for one year with a team option. Keep in mind he can't play much defense, has proven to be injury prone and had been injured on many parts of his body the past four or five seasons. Plus he turns 37 this month.
    Firstly, you weren't going to get Ortiz on a one year deal. Period. I have absolutely no problem with the money or years-- what bothers me is that it took so long for the Red Sox to get it done... when essentially they gave Ortiz exactly what he wanted. He was asking for 2/25-30, and that's exactly what he got.

Haren could have been had simply by taking his contract, and the front office was too busy "negotiating" with Ortiz.

Quote Originally Posted by Palodios View Post
    Firstly, you weren't going to get Ortiz on a one year deal. Period. I have absolutely no problem with the money or years-- what bothers me is that it took so long for the Red Sox to get it done... when essentially they gave Ortiz exactly what he wanted. He was asking for 2/25-30, and that's exactly what he got.

Haren could have been had simply by taking his contract, and the front office was too busy "negotiating" with Ortiz.
    How do you know this? And how does it make sense? The Angels clearly wanted something back for Haren.
    We miss you Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by User Name? View Post
    How do you know this? And how does it make sense? The Angels clearly wanted something back for Haren.
    Are you missing the facts here? They declined the option, and there was a 3.5 million dollar buyout.

Quote Originally Posted by Palodios View Post
    Are you missing the facts here? They declined the option, and there was a 3.5 million dollar buyout.
    There have to be some facts we don't have though. Otherwise somebody would have taken Haren.

Angels gaf there. They should pick up his option and spend the next few months looking for a trade partner. Seems like they were dead set on that deadline.