Register now to remove this ad

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 151

Thread: 3/25 @ Oakland Athletics...in Japan

  1. #61

    Re: 3/25 @ Oakland Athletics...in Japan

    New DiceK predictions.

    32 starts
    100 IP
    150 BBs
    Theo Epstein Fan. John Lester Fan. RedSox fan, Cubs supporter.

    Fire John Farrell.

  2. #62

    Re: 3/25 @ Oakland Athletics...in Japan

    Beckett please stay healthy this year. Dice doesnt have the cajones to carry this pitching staff
    "See what you have to ask yourself is what kind of person are you? Are you the kind that sees signs, sees miracles? Or do you believe that people just get lucky? Or, look at the question this way: Is it possible that there are no coincidences?"

  3. #63

    Re: 3/25 @ Oakland Athletics...in Japan

    t5 pitches through 3 innings. Blanton has only 39. Tomorrow Lester is another guy who runs up the pitch count. The bullpen will get some work right of the bat.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kimmi View Post
    This is true. Baseball is such a random sport.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dojji View Post
    [T]he conclusion to be drawn is that there is no practical value in seeking this ideal lineup, and in that case any way in which it might be meaningfully termed "best" is irrelevant, academic at best, pedantic at worst

  4. #64

    Re: 3/25 @ Oakland Athletics...in Japan

    Quote Originally Posted by MANNYHOF24;316526;
    Nice Lugo. Wouldn't it be nice if Lugo could have a bounce back year? Say like .280 with 15 hrs and 75 RBIS.
    I think something like .270 15 and 70.....either way, a nice improvement.
    Theo Epstein Fan. John Lester Fan. RedSox fan, Cubs supporter.

    Fire John Farrell.

  5. #65

    Re: 3/25 @ Oakland Athletics...in Japan

    Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter;316530;
    Five walks doesn't cut it. Same old Dice k. This is a weak lineup he is facing. He should be eating them alive.
    I like his stuff though right now we need to keep putting good at bats together 2 runs isn't awful. Need Manny to scare this guy.

  6. #66

    Re: 3/25 @ Oakland Athletics...in Japan

    75 pitches through 3 innings. Blanton has only 39. Tomorrow Lester is another guy who runs up the pitch count. The bullpen will get some work right of the bat.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kimmi View Post
    This is true. Baseball is such a random sport.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dojji View Post
    [T]he conclusion to be drawn is that there is no practical value in seeking this ideal lineup, and in that case any way in which it might be meaningfully termed "best" is irrelevant, academic at best, pedantic at worst

  7. #67

    Re: 3/25 @ Oakland Athletics...in Japan

    Quote Originally Posted by Bostonownsyou;316536;
    I like his stuff though right now we need to keep putting good at bats together 2 runs isn't awful. Need Manny to scare this guy.
    DiceK cannot finish off lefthanded hitters. Last season was the same thing in terms of putting them away early. He gets ahead, and then misses high and outside 3 straight times to load it up.

    Im not saying he struggles against them, but he should put them away alot earlier.
    Theo Epstein Fan. John Lester Fan. RedSox fan, Cubs supporter.

    Fire John Farrell.

  8. #68

    Re: 3/25 @ Oakland Athletics...in Japan

    Moss is playing in place of Drew who is out with a strained vagina.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kimmi View Post
    This is true. Baseball is such a random sport.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dojji View Post
    [T]he conclusion to be drawn is that there is no practical value in seeking this ideal lineup, and in that case any way in which it might be meaningfully termed "best" is irrelevant, academic at best, pedantic at worst

  9. #69

    Re: 3/25 @ Oakland Athletics...in Japan

    Quote Originally Posted by Sweet Chin Music33;316538;
    DiceK cannot finish off lefthanded hitters. Last season was the same thing in terms of putting them away early. He gets ahead, and then misses high and outside 3 straight times to load it up.

    Im not saying he struggles against them, but he should put them away alot earlier.
    I get what your saying but Dice K has much more talent this this guy Blanton the guy is throwing meatballs. Hope Dice guy can give us 5 ip today then go from there. As far as finishing off leftys what pitch does he have that can do it?

  10. #70

    Re: 3/25 @ Oakland Athletics...in Japan

    Definitely looking better. Maybe he just needed to find his groove. Like Remy mentioned, too bad that he's going to have to come out soon.

  11. #71

    Re: 3/25 @ Oakland Athletics...in Japan

    Quote Originally Posted by Bostonownsyou;316541;
    I get what your saying but Dice K has much more talent this this guy Blanton the guy is throwing meatballs. Hope Dice guy can give us 5 ip today then go from there. As far as finishing off leftys what pitch does he have that can do it?
    Blanton actually had a better year than DiceK last year, and had the least amount of walks per 9 innings in baseball. Had Blanton played for Boston, he probably wins 20 or close to it.

    DiceK gets ahead by throwing the baseball, then falls behind because he is thinking about where to throw it, rather than just doing it. Hes a bit of a psychological mess sometimes. Hes his own worst enemy. He has some of the best stuff in baseball, no excuse for how badly he misses, or sometimes the inability to snap off a curveball which instead sails out of the zone.
    Theo Epstein Fan. John Lester Fan. RedSox fan, Cubs supporter.

    Fire John Farrell.

  12. #72

    Re: 3/25 @ Oakland Athletics...in Japan

    Morning all.


  13. #73

    Re: 3/25 @ Oakland Athletics...in Japan

    Yawn, lackluster game halfway through
    "See what you have to ask yourself is what kind of person are you? Are you the kind that sees signs, sees miracles? Or do you believe that people just get lucky? Or, look at the question this way: Is it possible that there are no coincidences?"

  14. #74

    Re: 3/25 @ Oakland Athletics...in Japan

    Bah. This team sucks. Season's over. Bring out the golf clubs. We dont stand a chance.


  15. #75

    Re: 3/25 @ Oakland Athletics...in Japan

    agreed. i knew we didn't stand a chance.
    I am the biggest spaz of all time

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •