Register now to remove this ad

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Something I felt like saying.

Re: Something I felt like saying.

Kinsler.

This is my rifle....

Quote Originally Posted by Optimist;326932;
    Kevin Youkilis isn't the best 1B in the AL.
    To date, he has been this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Optimist;326932;
    Kevin Youkilis isn't the best 1B in the AL.
    It's Youkilis or Morneau, and I really think that Youk's glove gives him the edge.

I'd vote for Youkilis.

Dustin Pedroia isn't the best 2B in the AL.
    Nope. Kinsler is clearly the best in 2008; Roberts and Polanco are probably a little ahead of Pedroia.

I'd vote for Pedroia, though: Kinsler has demonstrated over a couple of seasons that he isn't a perennial All Star, while the better-fielding Pedroia might be. That may be home-team bias.

Jason Varitek isn't the best C in the AL.
    Nope. Mauer is clearly best in 2008; Pierzynski and Laird are probably ahead of Tek.

I'd vote for Mauer.

Well men we shall see how youk performs as THE MAN because papi is going to be shelved for a while it seems.
    i want a full year of consistancy out of youk
    he has gotten off to hellacious starts but seems to lose a lot of power as the seaon carries on.
    his chance to shine as he's hitting in front of manny

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Crunchy;327036;
    Well men we shall see how youk performs as THE MAN because papi is going to be shelved for a while it seems.
    i want a full year of consistancy out of youk
    he has gotten off to hellacious starts but seems to lose a lot of power as the seaon carries on.
    his chance to shine as he's hitting in front of manny
    Sneaking suspicion that Papi is done for the year. Anyone getting the same vibe? Shitty feeling...reaaaaal shitty feeling. What we gain in the field is nowhere close to what we lose in the lineup.

Deity

Quote Originally Posted by HeadOfSoxNation;327343;
    Sneaking suspicion that Papi is done for the year. Anyone getting the same vibe? Shitty feeling...reaaaaal shitty feeling. What we gain in the field is nowhere close to what we lose in the lineup.
    No?

Quote Originally Posted by TheKilo;327350;
    No?
    Agreed. I think we're looking at a month tops.

Quote Originally Posted by yeszir;327352;
    Agreed. I think we're looking at a month tops.
    I just get a bad feeling whenever they come with the "we're just going to try to let it heal on its own without surgery." Maybe I just like to prepare myself for the worst and then be surprised, rather than looking at best case scenario and then being crushed. Regardless...I certainly hope you guys are right, but I've got a feeling we're without Ortiz for quite a while. Especially with a wrist injury...something SO crucial to his swing.

Quote Originally Posted by HeadOfSoxNation;327355;
    I just get a bad feeling whenever they come with the "we're just going to try to let it heal on its own without surgery." Maybe I just like to prepare myself for the worst and then be surprised, rather than looking at best case scenario and then being crushed. Regardless...I certainly hope you guys are right, but I've got a feeling we're without Ortiz for quite a while. Especially with a wrist injury...something SO crucial to his swing.
    The concern that a wrist injury may affect his swing may be more relevant than concerns that Big Papi won't be back at all.

sometimes a sprain is worse than a break,epecially for a hitter
    there are nerves that get inflammed and twisted
    theres the tendons which get frayed
    he needs to sit and sit for a while,it aint good and his power #s will suffer because of it
    here comes j/bills guy chris carter
    lets hope he can bring some relief

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by yeszir;326457;
    Do you two know each other in a non-digital capacity?
    Where did you think he got the tickets from?
    "Every year, the infielders move a step back because you have lost some speed, and the outfielders move in a step because you have lost some of your power. When they can shake hands, you're finished."