Register now to remove this ad

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: i cant sleep

i cant sleep

this is the 5th night i cant sleep. every night i get to sleep i dont get it til its light out. at like 5 am. i hear birds chirping

ive been thinking a lot lately

what should i do

Re: i cant sleep

That really is an awful feeling (haven't slept and it's already light out). I got through stretches where this happens and it's not a lot of fun to say the least. Just be thankful that it's happening over the summer, and you don't have to wake up for school early in the morning (unless you have a job that requires you to wake up early).

I've tried different things to get to sleep, but what I would suggest is to read like a book or a magazine for a little bit and focus as hard as you can on what you're reading. For me, it just makes mentally exhausted and I get to sleep much easier.

All things considered, you made this post at 2:14 am. I am replying at 2:53am (central time). Do you think that taking my advice is a good idea?

If it makes you feel better, I can't sleep either.
    "Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind" ~ Dr Seuss

Legend

And if it helps, I can't sleep either... probably for the same reasons you can't, Soxfan. My advice is also just about worthless, but I guess I'll give it anyway.

Whenever I can't sleep and it's because of something I have any control over, I take a few moments to figure out what I can do about it, and decide what I will do about it tomorrow, if that makes any sense. I know your situation seems pretty hopeless, but you can get over her -- figure out how, figure out what you need to do, and convince yourself to do it as soon as possible. I'm actually in the same position as you, believe it or not, so I know how difficult it can be.

This proved particularly helpful when I was in school and I would start to worry about my grades (usually late in a term when I'd be failing almost all my classes), I'd take a second to figure out what I could do to improve those grades, what I could do about it the next day (like talk to the teacher, for instance), and convince myself to do it. Ultimately, I never did those things, but it helped me sleep at night by convincing myself I would. :lol:

That's always worked for me. As for me tonight, I've convinced myself to tell the girl in my situation to go fuck herself (in nicer words... maybe) and I'll sleep like a baby because I know how I'm going to resolve my situation. :lol:

edit: Actually, for what it's worth, it's only 3 my time and I'm usually up until around this time anyway.
    ""There are no asterisks in this life, only scoreboards... and ours is currently reading 'fucked'." -- Ari Gold, Entourage

What I used to do was count how many homers Manny hits over the monster. Kinda like the sheep over the fence thing, but I don't count Manny's anymore now I count Youks.
    "I've come to the conclusion that the two most important things in life are good friends and a good bullpen." -Bob Lemon, 1981

Quote Originally Posted by zackredsox;339142;
    What I used to do was count how many homers Manny hits over the monster. Kinda like the sheep over the fence thing, but I don't count Manny's anymore now I count Youks.
    :lol: Ha weirdo.
    Never Gonna give you up, Never gonna let you downB)

Quote Originally Posted by See Red;339135;
    And if it helps, I can't sleep either... probably for the same reasons you can't, Soxfan. My advice is also just about worthless, but I guess I'll give it anyway.

Whenever I can't sleep and it's because of something I have any control over, I take a few moments to figure out what I can do about it, and decide what I will do about it tomorrow, if that makes any sense. I know your situation seems pretty hopeless, but you can get over her -- figure out how, figure out what you need to do, and convince yourself to do it as soon as possible. I'm actually in the same position as you, believe it or not, so I know how difficult it can be.

This proved particularly helpful when I was in school and I would start to worry about my grades (usually late in a term when I'd be failing almost all my classes), I'd take a second to figure out what I could do to improve those grades, what I could do about it the next day (like talk to the teacher, for instance), and convince myself to do it. Ultimately, I never did those things, but it helped me sleep at night by convincing myself I would. :lol:

That's always worked for me. As for me tonight, I've convinced myself to tell the girl in my situation to go fuck herself (in nicer words... maybe) and I'll sleep like a baby because I know how I'm going to resolve my situation. :lol:

edit: Actually, for what it's worth, it's only 3 my time and I'm usually up until around this time anyway.
    I hate decisions. I can never make them.

Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Soxfan#1;339162;
    I gotta make a decision about her. It's the hardest decision I've ever had to make and now I have to jump back and forth from one to the other trying to choose whichever would be better. I hate decisions. I can never make them.
    :lol:

Quote Originally Posted by TheKilo;339167;
    :lol:
    i love your crespo impression. your real badass mayne

Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Soxfan#1;339171;
    i love your crespo impression. your real badass mayne
    Dude, that was your response when 26 called me a prick in the other thread, one that didn't even involve you.

Hypocrisy much?

Because you are a prick and I'd be very surprised if you didn't know it. Funny to see someone finally call you out on it.

Deity

You know what I find to be funny? Watching you fail spectacularly in every aspect of this supposed "relationship."

lolwut

Legend

Take the tell-her-to-go-fuck-herself route. Again, though -- not in those words. And then she will realize the mistake she made and eventually come back to you in some capacity which essentially leaves you with two options -- make her chase you now, or do as dreilly said in the other thread, tell her to go fuck herself again and hurt her like she hurt you. The latter of the two is the more appealing to me, personally.

Either way, settling for a platonic relationship when you want more is just being dishonest. To her, and more importantly, yourself.
    ""There are no asterisks in this life, only scoreboards... and ours is currently reading 'fucked'." -- Ari Gold, Entourage

Quote Originally Posted by TheKilo;339186;
    You know what I find to be funny? Watching you fail spectacularly in every aspect of this supposed "relationship."

lolwut
    your pathetic

Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Soxfan#1;339189;
    your pathetic
    LOL

Ok, sir. If you can't see the hypocrisy in the way you do business here then nothing I can say will change that.