Register now to remove this ad

Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 344

Thread: Metal

  1. #31

    Re: Metal

    Quote Originally Posted by Jacoby_Ellsbury;342631;
    if you actually heard the music, you'd be even more astounded. the lyrics are nearly isdistinct, and they actually sound a lot like burps or wolf growls. combine that with cheap ass frantic electric guitars and quicker black sabbath drumming and there you go.

    cheap ass frantic guitars? man... you don't know how hard it is to play that type of stuff. I don't like it, but i've been playing guitar and bass for years and shit like dying fetus is HARD to play.

  2. #32

    Re: Metal

    Quote Originally Posted by BigPapiEnFuego;342963;
    cheap ass frantic guitars? man... you don't know how hard it is to play that type of stuff. I don't like it, but i've been playing guitar and bass for years and shit like dying fetus is HARD to play.
    I understand that its difficult to play but it just sounds like shit.

  3. #33

    Re: Metal

    Thrash Metal. Like from the 80's, Metallica, Megadeth, Slayer, and then I like Pantera, kinda had their own style of metal, kinda groovy metal sort of thing going on there. Also, Hair "Metal" is just awful, I mean, was there really any talent in hair metal whatsoever?

  4. #34

    Re: Metal

    Quote Originally Posted by Paradisecity;341890;
    Atreyu is pretty soft IMO, kinda sellout in their sound- devildriver has a very good base for their work and have good pieces but they always seem to fall a little short for me.

    Slayer, how could I forget them?

    Lamb of God has some good stuff, the sword is a very good band worth checking out.

    Megadeth, All that Remains

    As I Lay Dying- a lot of good songs.


    Killswitch Engage has some good stuff

    KMFDM's WWIII is a sick song

    Old Avenged Sevenfold- Darkness Surrounds and City of Evil albums, not their first or their most recent

    A lot of people like Children of Bodom a lot- they are ok but not really on my iPod

    It Dies Today, Still Remains' Blossom the Witch is a great song
    I just ran these bands by my kids. They like most of them too. My 16 yr old Brian says how about Oh Sleeper, The Devil Wears Prada, Norma Jean, Emmure...if you like those other bands you likely would like these (I guess Emmure is a local band).

    I saw As I Lay Dying with August Burns Red and Evergree Terrace and Misery Signals at the Webster in Hartford...well actually took my 16 yr old and some friends there, I personally had to spend most of the show in this side bar watching the Celtics.

    We also saw Chiodos with Drop Dead Gorgeous, MXPX and The Color Fred.

    I grew up on the big hair bands, still love Iron Maiden, Queensryche, etc. As for these modern bands we're talking about, I don't care for the screaming...I do like the tunes when they're a bit more melodic, like AX7's Seize the Day.

    One band I really like, because they're not quite as hard, is Halifax.

  5. #35

    Re: Metal

    For you metal heads who live within reasonably close porimity to Hartford, here is a link to the Webster Theater's line-up:

    http://www.webstertheater.com/EVENTS_theater.htm

    October 23
    Underoath
    Saosin
    The Devil Wears Prada
    POS

    November 9
    Norma Jean
    Haste The Day
    Showdown
    My Children My Bride
    Oh Sleeper

    November 18 (with a much softer headliner)
    Puddle Of Mudd
    Red
    Ashes Divide
    Temptered Cast

  6. #36

    Re: Metal

    Anyone hear the new Metallica album Death Magnetic yet?

    I actually think its pretty fucking sweet. Not as good as Vintage 80's metallica but can you really expect that from extremely rich 45 year olds?

    But anyways guitar solos are back, the first 3 songs are pretty vintage and there really wasnt any songs on the album I didnt like.

  7. #37

    Re: Metal

    Quote Originally Posted by yankee20715;351948;
    Anyone hear the new Metallica album Death Magnetic yet?

    I actually think its pretty fucking sweet. Not as good as Vintage 80's metallica but can you really expect that from extremely rich 45 year olds?

    But anyways guitar solos are back, the first 3 songs are pretty vintage and there really wasnt any songs on the album I didnt like.
    I caught the leak a few weeks ago, and i was highly impressed. I love just about every song. I still need to go out and buy the actual album though

  8. #38

    Re: Metal

    I heard that their new album his kind of a Prog Rock thing going on, but I haven't listened. Either way, I missed the old Metallica, their last bunch of albums before this just sucked.

  9. #39

    Re: Metal

    Quote Originally Posted by strangebrew1967;352196;
    I heard that their new album his kind of a Prog Rock thing going on, but I haven't listened. Either way, I missed the old Metallica, their last bunch of albums before this just sucked.
    I dont know if I'd use the word sucked. If you put any other name on the front of the album they would be passable but because its Metallica and in comparison to their older stuff it is pretty shitty.

    I still wonder what would have happened if Cliff didnt get killed back in 86.

  10. #40

    Re: Metal

    Yankee20715...I love your avatar.
    "Every year, the infielders move a step back because you have lost some speed, and the outfielders move in a step because you have lost some of your power. When they can shake hands, you're finished."

  11. #41

    Re: Metal

    The new Metallica would be really good if Hetfield would shut the fuck up.

    The lyrics on this album for the most part were corny, and used up from previous metal songs. Hetfield's voice is just plain awful now too.

    I'm pretty good at drowning out the lyrics anyway so its not the biggest deal to me. He sounds pretty good on "All nightmare long", and "Unforgiven III" is very good and doesn't sound like the others, though there is a buildup that could have amounted to much more.


    I saw Opeth at the Nokia Theatre in Times Square last Thursday. Very good show with a diverse set full of some of my personal favorites.

  12. #42

    Re: Metal

    Quote Originally Posted by Paradisecity;352874;
    The new Metallica would be really good if Hetfield would shut the fuck up.

    The lyrics on this album for the most part were corny, and used up from previous metal songs. Hetfield's voice is just plain awful now too.

    I'm pretty good at drowning out the lyrics anyway so its not the biggest deal to me. He sounds pretty good on "All nightmare long", and "Unforgiven III" is very good and doesn't sound like the others, though there is a buildup that could have amounted to much more.


    I saw Opeth at the Nokia Theatre in Times Square last Thursday. Very good show with a diverse set full of some of my personal favorites.
    Was that Opeth show with High on Fire and Baroness? I know those 2 bands are supposed to tour with Opeth soon I think. I never got into Opeth much but High on Fire and Baroness are awesome. Especially Baroness.

  13. #43

    Re: Metal

    To be honest I didnt listen to a thing before they came out. We took 40 minutes to drink a bottle of Basil Hayden on the train ride in and the posted up at the bar until just before they came on.

    I was lucky to remember my name, much less the show.

  14. #44

    Re: Metal

    Trivium's new album, Shogun, is astoundingly good. I also had a chance to listen to all of A Sense of Purpose (In Flames new album), and that album's pretty awesome too. I heard Death Magnetic sucked so I won't bother with that. Never liked Metallica anyway, to be honest. Lost In The Sound of Seperation isn't too bad either (Underoath).



    But really, Shogun's a must. Into the Mouth of Hell, Shogun, Throes of Perdition, and Like Callisto To A Star In Heaven are some of the best songs I've ever heard. I got this shit on my Fuze and I'm playing the shit out of it every day.



    EDIT: I should mention it's not released until the 30th. Don't ask me how I've heard it already, its none of your business.

  15. #45

    Re: Metal

    I heard some of Shogun on youtube and stuff. Trivium is a huge joke.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •