Register now to remove this ad

Page 1 of 23 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Metal

Hybrid View

Metal

Any metal heads out there? Or am I the only one?

Re: Metal

not only you. Huge metal head right here

Depends on what bands you consider metal.
    Treasurer of the Julio Lugo Fan Club

I like some metal at times. Anyone like Haste the Day? They're one of my favorite bands.

Haste The Day is metalcore. God i hate metalcore

Ehh idk. Name a band.

Deity

lol @ metal snobs

Opeth is one of my favorite bands. I saw them in Montreal, gonna go see them in NYC in september

Amon Amarth, Iced Earth, In Flames, and a bunch I cant remember because it is early

In Flames is good. I love old Metallica.

Currently I'm obsessed with Devildriver and Atreyu.

Atreyu is pretty soft IMO, kinda sellout in their sound- devildriver has a very good base for their work and have good pieces but they always seem to fall a little short for me.

Slayer, how could I forget them?

Lamb of God has some good stuff, the sword is a very good band worth checking out.

Megadeth, All that Remains

As I Lay Dying- a lot of good songs.

Killswitch Engage has some good stuff

KMFDM's WWIII is a sick song

Old Avenged Sevenfold- Darkness Surrounds and City of Evil albums, not their first or their most recent

A lot of people like Children of Bodom a lot- they are ok but not really on my iPod

It Dies Today, Still Remains' Blossom the Witch is a great song

Quote Originally Posted by Paradisecity;341890;
    Atreyu is pretty soft IMO, kinda sellout in their sound-
    Yeah that is true, I forgot how badly their last album sucked. However The Curse and A Deathgrip on Yesterday are phenominal albums. I actually got an autographed copy of Deathgrip its pretty sweet.

One of my friends highly recomended IWRESTLEDABEARONCE so I'm gonna check them out anyone got anything on them?

Quote Originally Posted by yankee20715;342010;
    Yeah that is true, I forgot how badly their last album sucked. However The Curse and A Deathgrip on Yesterday are phenominal albums. I actually got an autographed copy of Deathgrip its pretty sweet.

One of my friends highly recomended IWRESTLEDABEARONCE so I'm gonna check them out anyone got anything on them?
    I really do think I'm the only person alive who thought LSPA was a decent album.

Quote Originally Posted by Paradisecity;341890;
    Atreyu is pretty soft IMO, kinda sellout in their sound- devildriver has a very good base for their work and have good pieces but they always seem to fall a little short for me.

Slayer, how could I forget them?

Lamb of God has some good stuff, the sword is a very good band worth checking out.

Megadeth, All that Remains

As I Lay Dying- a lot of good songs.

Killswitch Engage has some good stuff

KMFDM's WWIII is a sick song

Old Avenged Sevenfold- Darkness Surrounds and City of Evil albums, not their first or their most recent

A lot of people like Children of Bodom a lot- they are ok but not really on my iPod

It Dies Today, Still Remains' Blossom the Witch is a great song
    I just ran these bands by my kids. They like most of them too. My 16 yr old Brian says how about Oh Sleeper, The Devil Wears Prada, Norma Jean, Emmure...if you like those other bands you likely would like these (I guess Emmure is a local band).

I saw As I Lay Dying with August Burns Red and Evergree Terrace and Misery Signals at the Webster in Hartford...well actually took my 16 yr old and some friends there, I personally had to spend most of the show in this side bar watching the Celtics.

We also saw Chiodos with Drop Dead Gorgeous, MXPX and The Color Fred.

I grew up on the big hair bands, still love Iron Maiden, Queensryche, etc. As for these modern bands we're talking about, I don't care for the screaming...I do like the tunes when they're a bit more melodic, like AX7's Seize the Day.

One band I really like, because they're not quite as hard, is Halifax.

Single A

I spent the 90's in all those clubs in Boston listening to my husband and all the other local metal bands. I have to say I'm a bit burnt out at this point. However I do plan to see the Wargasm reunion show at The Middle East next month. That's gonna be a must see.

Banned

Does Snoop Doggy Dog qualify as hardcore metal?

Quote Originally Posted by Squish;341903;
    I spent the 90's in all those clubs in Boston listening to my husband and all the other local metal bands. I have to say I'm a bit burnt out at this point. However I do plan to see the Wargasm reunion show at The Middle East next month. That's gonna be a must see.
    Somebody married you? Are you serious?
    "Every year, the infielders move a step back because you have lost some speed, and the outfielders move in a step because you have lost some of your power. When they can shake hands, you're finished."