Register now to remove this ad

View Poll Results: Do You Want JayHawk Bill to Post on TalkSox?

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

21 77.78%
  • No

6 22.22%
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Should JayHawK Bill Come Back?

Super Moderator

Re: Should JayHawK Bill Come Back?

He was just trying to abide by the written rules. Obviously, those rules are more than flexible, as we all technically "break" them. I don't think it's necessarily that he had thin skin, I believe it's more that he felt that the rules weren't being enforced as they should be ... and he may have a point to that extent. He is a great poster that offered this place quite a bit. I'd certainly welcome him back.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by One Red Seat;344633;
    This is wrong on so many levels.
    So is being a Red Sox fan. I accept it though

ORS taking a stand against what I write? Backing a Red Sox fan when he's wrong against a Yankee fan? Nah, that never happens. LOL!
    What JHB had was principles. The fact that you don't recognize this comes as no surprise.
    Well, if has them, put me in the other camp. What was I supposed to recognize again?
    I'd welcome him back if he decided to return, but I understand if he chooses not to.
    The question...why does anyone care? I really don't care either way. He wasn't kicked out as far as I know, which I would have thought was wrong, he left. It was his choice. He could come back at any time, which would make my life more fun on this board. The fact that you guys are discussing this is a little pathetic. One of your merry band left, and you start a thread hoping he comes back? He left, he wasn't banned. His choice.

Do you guys really want someone who gives the moderators ultimatums? Who says "me or him" when threatening them? Who works behind the scenes to get his way, rather than out in the open? The mods are the ones who have to deal with it, now me.

He doesn't think about what he writes. JHB is the poster child for this age, the information age. He is drowning in information, but he's starved for knowledge.
    "Every year, the infielders move a step back because you have lost some speed, and the outfielders move in a step because you have lost some of your power. When they can shake hands, you're finished."

Legend

I want to re-iterate that I like JHB, but I agree with Gom here. This forum is what it is and if a poster, whether he's a great poster or a horrible one, doesn't like it than it's his prerogative to leave, it just isn't for him

This is my rifle....

Quote Originally Posted by Gom;344651;

ORS taking a stand against what I write? Backing a Red Sox fan when he's wrong against a Yankee fan? Nah, that never happens. LOL!
    Note the strict adherence to the Gom template for posting, class. As soon as someone disagrees with him, insult the choice of teams he roots for, attack credibility without addressing content, and then LOL!. Remember class, the LOL! is very important. Without the LOL!, the post cannot qualify for Gom categorization.

Quote Originally Posted by Gom
    Well, if has them, put me in the other camp. What was I supposed to recognize again?
    Note how this sentence makes absolutely no fucking sense in the context of what it replies to. When you see this class, chances are you're looking at a Gom original.

The question...why does anyone care? I really don't care either way. He wasn't kicked out as far as I know, which I would have thought was wrong, he left. It was his choice. He could come back at any time, which would make my life more fun on this board. The fact that you guys are discussing this is a little pathetic. One of your merry band left, and you start a thread hoping he comes back? He left, he wasn't banned. His choice.

Do you guys really want someone who gives the moderators ultimatums? Who says "me or him" when threatening them? Who works behind the scenes to get his way, rather than out in the open? The mods are the ones who have to deal with it, now me.

He doesn't think about what he writes. JHB is the poster child for this age, the information age. He is drowning in information, but he's starved for knowledge.
    No, the real question here is why do you care that others care to share their opinion on the matter? And, that's all that's going on here. 700 wondered if he'd come back and if others would welcome him back. People are responding. No big deal. Unless, and I think there's something here, on some level you know that nobody would really miss anything you have to say should you leave.

Quote Originally Posted by Gom;344651;

Gom, Losing has made you bitter and mean-spirited. I think we both agree that this was a more interesting place with him here. If you can't take accusations about the Yankees being cheaters, maybe you should leave. I will never claim that the playing field is uneven as an excuse for losing, nor do I find it acceptable when Red Sox ownership tries to hide behind that argument. Thankfully, they haven't done much of that lately, but I can certainly understand the sentiment. You shouldn't be offended by the accusation of cheating. Many of the rabid Yankee fans in my family revel in it. They love the fact that the Yankees have more money than everyone else and that they use their money to make things happen whether they be legal or illegal. They also love that the umpires seem to give them the big calls.

Finally, would I let a Yankee fan or group of Yankee fans run a Red Sox fan out of a Red Sox community? No, I would not, even if I disagreed with the Sox fan on the issue. I like having the Yankee fans in the community to slap around and ridicule. I've made no secret that I will never cut any slack to Yankee fans, and I expect none in return.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

Banned

I love being the center of attention. It makes me feel good to be a big fish in a small pond. Thank you all for feeding my ego.

a700, that's sad that you feel that way. I am in a constant battle against Jacko, the longest-tenured Yankee fan here, about Cashman and the farm-system. I don't judge people by the team they root for, otherwise I wouldn't be here. I'm fair in my dealings...and regardles of what you say, so are you.

Seriously, as ORS completely missed my dripping sarcasm [not surprising to say the least, I mean you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink], I must say that I do have an issue with someone running to the mods when he doesn't like what he sees and working behind the scenes to try to get his way rather than out in the open.

Say what you want about me, or pretty much any of us, but we all deal with it like men. We take no quarter, nor do we give no quarter. I've had my epic battles with pretty much everyone here, but in the end, we're all friends. I can see myself sharing a drink with pretty much everyone here except for that weasel. In watching all the posts here, I am probably the most objective fan here regardless of team orientation [Kilo is up there as well]. Would anyone care if I left? Probably not. Do I care if people do? Not at all. I like to think I add some sorely needed objectivity, I play devil's advocate, and I make people laugh. This board was doing fine before me, and will continue after I leave. Whatever. I do not need the accolades of a forum to feel validation in my life.

We are all equals here. I thought banning him was wrong [although he was by far the most retarded fan who ever posted here more than 100 times], but I will admit, I didn't shed a tear when he left voluntarily. Fuck him. It figures that you guys would want a guy back who makes no sense, bitches to the mods and complains and tries to get people banned, and then took his ball and went home when he didn't get his way.

I wouldn't want a Yankee fan who acted that way. My two cents.

Principles? My ass.
    "Every year, the infielders move a step back because you have lost some speed, and the outfielders move in a step because you have lost some of your power. When they can shake hands, you're finished."

Quote Originally Posted by Gom;344661;
    a700, that's sad that you feel that way. I am in a constant battle against Jacko, the longest-tenured Yankee fan here, about Cashman and the farm-system. I don't judge people by the team they root for, otherwise I wouldn't be here. I'm fair in my dealings...and regardles of what you say, so are you.
    When you argue with the other Yankee fans, those are some of my favorite threads. I usually agree with you in those battles.

Quote Originally Posted by Gom;344661;
    It figures that you guys would want a guy back who makes no sense, bitches to the mods and complains and tries to get people banned, and then took his ball and went home when he didn't get his way.
    He brought a lot of good info and a different perspective. I would hope that he would let some of our loosey goosey adherence to the rules roll of his back. In the end, no one holds a grudge unless you are criticizing Barack Obama.:lol:
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

Evil Emperor

a700, that's sad that you feel that way. I am in a constant battle against Jacko, the longest-tenured Yankee fan here
    Woah, woah, woah. I believe I am the longest tenured Yankee fan who still posts regularly here
    lol :lol:

...as for Bill, he's acting like a child. If he wants to leave, then let him. I still don't quite understand the whole situation, but it's a little ridiculous to me. This isn't the real world here, it's a fucking message board. If it gets him that worked up, maybe it isn't healthy he be here. But I honestly don't care one way or the other. If he wants to come back and make ridiculous accusations towards the Yankees cheating, fine. If not, good riddance. But there is no denying that he put a lot into his posts, more so than anyone else here, I feel.

He was one of the few guys I didn't have friction with when I first joined here, so I don't see why not.

Quote Originally Posted by Gom;344625;
    I need someone to beat up.

Nothing like a stupid Red Sox fan for me to beat up on a Red Sox board...lol
    I thought the whole Yanks cheating thing was out of control and couldn't take that whole thread very seriously when it evolved into whatever it became.

Outside of that mess, do you really feel you beat him...or anyone else...up? I know you like to proclaim yoursef the winner anytime you go to battle with someone, but I'm not quite sure you got the best of Bill, again ignoring the cheating thread.

I would welcome him back in a heart beat. But I don't see that happening. I responded to a pm asking him to reconsider but this place just isn't for some people. I'll miss what he brought to the table.

I was bummed when the "Fights and Crap" section was closed. I don't want to have to join a special section out here to express myself freely like I've been able to for 2 years or so now. Censorship sucks. I sincerely hope that JHB wasn't the reason for some recent rule "changes". At any rate......

I think we have a good group of people out here and have learned over the years to let 95% of what any Yankee fan has to say about anything, roll off my back. I don't care what they think about ... anything. I wouldn't, in a million years, post on a Yankee board. But if they enjoy it out here, more power to them. They are entertaining to say the least.

Best of luck to JHB. He'll do what he wants, but I'd be shocked to see him post again.

Wow, its a message board. If people get that worked up over rules and stuff, then they need to take a serious look at their priorities in life.
    "Knicks suck, Jets suck, Yankees suck"

-Peter Griffin, talking to a New Yorker

Super, Duper Moderator Youk Of The Nation's Avatar

I understand why JHB wanted to leave. I liked the guy a lot. When I found out about Ami, he called me the same night and talked to me for a couple of hours. It helped me sober up and not do anything stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by YANKEESRULE View Post
    Yea got hand it to the Sox, they just could not go queitly into the night. Well, they are just post-poning the inevitable.
    - From the 2004 ALCS Game 4 Gamethread. A reminder that no game is over until the final out is recorded, and things will always get better. Misspellings unchanged as a reminder that Yankees fans are just terrible.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter;344665;
    In the end, no one holds a grudge unless you are criticizing Barack Obama.:lol:
    Fuck Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by rician blast;344681;
    Outside of that mess, do you really feel you beat him...or anyone else...up? I know you like to proclaim yoursef the winner anytime you go to battle with someone, but I'm not quite sure you got the best of Bill, again ignoring the cheating thread.
    I win. I always win. That's what I do. Keanu Reeves stole that line from me in Devil's Advocate :harhar:
    Quote Originally Posted by MANNYHOF24;344700;
    Wow, its a message board. If people get that worked up over rules and stuff, then they need to take a serious look at their priorities in life.
    Thank you for being the voice of reason.
    Quote Originally Posted by Youk Of The Nation;344705;
    I understand why JHB wanted to leave. I liked the guy a lot. When I found out about Ami, he called me the same night and talked to me for a couple of hours. It helped me sober up and not do anything stupid.
    I'm sure in real life he's a nice guy. On here, he was a moron.

That being said...I really don't care one way or the other. I really don't. Seriously, he took shit too seriously. Statistics don't tell the whole story. I do watch the games. I look for trends. There is an ebb and flow to baseball, which to me is the beauty of the game.

Just remember...he wasn't kicked out of here. He chose to leave. Mainly over a spat with me. Like Mannyhof24 said, if you take the shit that goes on here seriously, you have other issues. When my uncle was sick, I got a ton of messages from my "hated enemies" here professing their concern. This is a fun board to me, but I would go and share a beer with any of you. We can agree to disagree, but do it like a man and don't hide behind the moderators.

Quote Originally Posted by Gom;344723;
    Fuck Obama.

I win. I always win. That's what I do. Keanu Reeves stole that line from me in Devil's Advocate :harhar:

Thank you for being the voice of reason.

I'm sure in real life he's a nice guy. On here, he was a moron.

That being said...I really don't care one way or the other. I really don't. Seriously, he took shit too seriously. Statistics don't tell the whole story. I do watch the games. I look for trends. There is an ebb and flow to baseball, which to me is the beauty of the game.

Just remember...he wasn't kicked out of here. He chose to leave. Mainly over a spat with me. Like Mannyhof24 said, if you take the shit that goes on here seriously, you have other issues. When my uncle was sick, I got a ton of messages from my "hated enemies" here professing their concern. This is a fun board to me, but I would go and share a beer with any of you. We can agree to disagree, but do it like a man and don't hide behind the moderators.
    Sure, we can all agree to disagree in our own way, "manly" or not. But you are still an asshole Gom and seem to be very proud of that fact.

I wish nothing bad on you or yours, but the fact remains, you're an asshole.

JHB is not a whiney ass Sox fan. He brought a lot of info out here that a lot of us learned from whether we agreed or not. Pretty sad that a MFY had something to do with his leaving. Sad.

Life goes on....