Register now to remove this ad

View Poll Results: Do You Want JayHawk Bill to Post on TalkSox?

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

21 77.78%
  • No

6 22.22%
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Should JayHawK Bill Come Back?

Re: Should JayHawK Bill Come Back?

Gom isn't completely at fault here. Don't let it be twisted into that.

Deity

Plus he doesn't bring the funny....you forgot that part.

Quote Originally Posted by Soxfan#1;344886;
    Gom isn't completely at fault here. Don't let it be twisted into that.
    I'm aware of that. 100%. But really. Funny? Sometimes. An Ass? A lot of the time. A Yankee fan? I suppose.... who cares?!

JHB, I agree, should have had thicker skin. I am one of the only, somewhat, regular, female posters out here. Not into stats, unless they affect the game I'm watching. You guys have always been cool to me. There are always exceptions, but...who cares?!

Let's just continue on with things, have fun, yell at each other, dog each other...blah blah blah....but, ALWAYS.......NO MATTER WHAT.....LET'S GO RED SOX!

Quote Originally Posted by VA Sox Fan;344894;
    I'm aware of that. 100%. But really. Funny? Sometimes. An Ass? A lot of the time. A Yankee fan? I suppose.... who cares?!

JHB, I agree, should have had thicker skin. I am one of the only, somewhat, regular, female posters out here. Not into stats, unless they affect the game I'm watching. You guys have always been cool to me. There are always exceptions, but...who cares?!

Let's just continue on with things, have fun, yell at each other, dog each other...blah blah blah....but, ALWAYS.......NO MATTER WHAT.....LET'S GO RED SOX!
    We still blame your airport meeting with Varitek for breaking up his marriage and screwing up his offensive production.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

Banned

Varitek must have poor taste then.
    "Every year, the infielders move a step back because you have lost some speed, and the outfielders move in a step because you have lost some of your power. When they can shake hands, you're finished."

Evil Emperor

Quote Originally Posted by VA Sox Fan;344885 View Post
    Sure, we can all agree to disagree in our own way, "manly" or not. But you are still an asshole Gom and seem to be very proud of that fact.

I wish nothing bad on you or yours, but the fact remains, you're an asshole.

JHB is not a whiney ass Sox fan. He brought a lot of info out here that a lot of us learned from whether we agreed or not. Pretty sad that a MFY had something to do with his leaving. Sad.

Life goes on....
    How is he not a "whiney-ass" Sox fan? The Yankees pull off two good trades near the deadline and he cries conspiracy. Seems pretty whiney to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Gom;344723;
    I win. I always win. That's what I do. Keanu Reeves stole that line from me in Devil's Advocate
    Uh, yeah.

Your honesty is appreciated and has confirmed my suspicions. Thanks.

Deity

Quote Originally Posted by 26 to 6;344902;
    How is he not a "whiney-ass" Sox fan? The Yankees pull off two good trades near the deadline and he cries conspiracy. Seems pretty whiney to me.
    You continue to spectacularly miss his point. It's like clockwork.

Banned

He's a moron. Those here that support his idiocy are just as moronic. There were many of you, and you know who you are, who completely supported what I was saying, but didn't want to upset JHB, so you let me know in PM. Truth be told, you should have put it out in the open. a700 posted earlier that when Jacko and I go at it, those are some of his favorite threads. Why? Because I guess it's fun to see Yankee fans go at it. Say what you want about me and my posting style, but when I make a point, my team loyalty does not come into account. I'm one of the handful here that any of you can say that about. Very few of you guys are willing to make waves. However, you are all quick to jump on me when you think I'm wrong. I see us all as baseball fans, and you guys root for the wrong the team. That's all. When a point is made, I give credit to that point, regardless of the person's team affiliation. When you guys do that, the board will be 1000% better IMO. Defending a Red Sox fan over a Yankee fan when the Red Sox fan is wrong? That just shows a lack of intelligence and copious amounts of ignorance.

There is something that is pathetic about our fanbases. Ours is our sense of entitlement. Go on any Yankee board, and the fans act like every team should trade their stars for our bench players, that Melky Cabrera and Jason Giambi is a good package for Albert Pujols, and that every free agent of any value should be signed, and will be signed. It's like the rest of baseball is there for the Yankees to pillage. That's why with some very few exceptions, I stopped posting on them.

Yours is your misguided sense of martyrship, for lack of a better term. What never ceases to amaze me is how the Red Sox fans genuinely see themselves as underdogs. Against one team, yes. Against the other 28, no. Yet they tout any advantage the Yankees have, real or, as the supreme idiot JHB intoned, imagined, and they act like their team and their fans are Horatio at the bridge.

I guess what I didn't like about JHB is that he propogated the very attribute that I despise about Red Sox fans. There is no evil empire. The Steinbrenner's don't sacrifice female Red Sox virgin fans [are there any?] at the grave of Babe Ruth. Lucchino was upset that the Yankees throw their fiscal weight around. The Yankees are a business, and business is good when the team is winning. Hence, they try to win.

What JHB did was use statistically irrelevant information and posted it as a valid theory. The idiots among you bought it. Sorry, I didn't buy this brand of bullshit, and I'm genuinely surprised, especially at ORS and some of the other solid posters as buying this. I didn't buy it. I called him out on it, and his panties got all bunched up, and he ducked tail and ran. On his own accord.

Guys, I know it's a Red Sox board, but take off your Red Sox colored glasses once in a while.

I'm changing my tune. I'm glad this moron is gone. Hopefully, he's gone for good.
    "Every year, the infielders move a step back because you have lost some speed, and the outfielders move in a step because you have lost some of your power. When they can shake hands, you're finished."

Quote Originally Posted by Gom;344919;
    There is something that is pathetic about our fanbases. Ours is our sense of entitlement.
    I agree with this point, and voiced this opinion way back in the BH forum. Sorry to generalize, but yankee fans have come to expect everything to go their way...hell even Hank exhibits this attitude when he complains about injuries.

Yours is your misguided sense of martyrship, for lack of a better term. What never ceases to amaze me is how the Red Sox fans genuinely see themselves as underdogs. Against one team, yes. Against the other 28, no.
    Close, but no cigar. Sox are 4th highest in payroll, with another 5 teams within $15m or so, if I recall. There are now 13 teams with team payrolls over $97m...but only one over $140m (the yanks who are $70m over that figure!). While some may see the Sox as underdogs I think the tide has turned and that posters here acknowledge pretty consistently that the Sox have an economic advantage over most teams. I like that...it gives us a better shot to be competetive.

yankeee fans who try and portray the Sox as having an overwhelming edge over "the other 28" might be struggling with the fact the yankees payroll is around $70m over the next highest team...an advantage that dwarfs the advantages of those teams in the $115-$135m payroll range...yet the results haven't followed the spending. :dunno:

Quote Originally Posted by Gom;344919;
    He's a moron. Those here that support his idiocy are just as moronic. There were many of you, and you know who you are, who completely supported what I was saying, but didn't want to upset JHB, so you let me know in PM. Truth be told, you should have put it out in the open. a700 posted earlier that when Jacko and I go at it, those are some of his favorite threads. Why? Because I guess it's fun to see Yankee fans go at it. Say what you want about me and my posting style, but when I make a point, my team loyalty does not come into account. I'm one of the handful here that any of you can say that about. Very few of you guys are willing to make waves. However, you are all quick to jump on me when you think I'm wrong. I see us all as baseball fans, and you guys root for the wrong the team. That's all. When a point is made, I give credit to that point, regardless of the person's team affiliation. When you guys do that, the board will be 1000% better IMO. Defending a Red Sox fan over a Yankee fan when the Red Sox fan is wrong? That just shows a lack of intelligence and copious amounts of ignorance.

There is something that is pathetic about our fanbases. Ours is our sense of entitlement. Go on any Yankee board, and the fans act like every team should trade their stars for our bench players, that Melky Cabrera and Jason Giambi is a good package for Albert Pujols, and that every free agent of any value should be signed, and will be signed. It's like the rest of baseball is there for the Yankees to pillage. That's why with some very few exceptions, I stopped posting on them.

Yours is your misguided sense of martyrship, for lack of a better term. What never ceases to amaze me is how the Red Sox fans genuinely see themselves as underdogs. Against one team, yes. Against the other 28, no. Yet they tout any advantage the Yankees have, real or, as the supreme idiot JHB intoned, imagined, and they act like their team and their fans are Horatio at the bridge.

I guess what I didn't like about JHB is that he propogated the very attribute that I despise about Red Sox fans. There is no evil empire. The Steinbrenner's don't sacrifice female Red Sox virgin fans [are there any?] at the grave of Babe Ruth. Lucchino was upset that the Yankees throw their fiscal weight around. The Yankees are a business, and business is good when the team is winning. Hence, they try to win.

What JHB did was use statistically irrelevant information and posted it as a valid theory. The idiots among you bought it. Sorry, I didn't buy this brand of bullshit, and I'm genuinely surprised, especially at ORS and some of the other solid posters as buying this. I didn't buy it. I called him out on it, and his panties got all bunched up, and he ducked tail and ran. On his own accord.

Guys, I know it's a Red Sox board, but take off your Red Sox colored glasses once in a while.

I'm changing my tune. I'm glad this moron is gone. Hopefully, he's gone for good.
    Hi, Gom.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter;344895;
    We still blame your airport meeting with Varitek for breaking up his marriage and screwing up his offensive production.
    Yeah, so does my brother (not the marriage part) but he said I jinxed him. But 2 HR's 2 nights in a row and 3 RBI, he's on a ROLL!!! :lol:

Good to see ya JHB. Why don't you stick around.

anyone else have their testicles get wet when they sit on a toilet or is it just me?
    and i told the dr it was dry skin??
    ha
    gom i need you to rub some creme on this effected section of my package,theres 20 bucks in it for you plus a lifetime membership to the Joe Pepitone fan club.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Crunchy;344944;
    gom i need you to rub some creme on this effected section of my package,theres 20 bucks in it for you plus a lifetime membership to the Joe Pepitone fan club.
    Gom logged off, oh, right about the time he saw the words..."Hi Gom"

Evil Emperor

It's not about missing a point, as you apparently have. I'm pointing out how it's ironic that VA Sox Fan claims that Bill isn't a whiny Sox fan, meanwhile cried conspiracy. Idc what the point was, he was whining about something, therefore I disagree with the notion that he isn't a whiny Sox fan.