Register now to remove this ad

Thread: Taken...

Legend

Taken...

...just might be the best movie I've ever seen that I hadn't heard of

Liam Neeson plays this retired CIA agent or something and he's divorced from his wife, his 16 year old daughter lives with her. So the mother and daughter come to him one day and ask his permission to allow her to go to Europe alone with her equally-young friend to follow U2 on your. Neeson doesnt wanna let her but eventually caves in.

So the girls to go Europe and promptly get kidnapped by these Armenians who kidnap teenage girls, get 'em hooked on drugs and send them out as prostitutes.

All of this angers Neeson so he go to Europe to get his daughter back and destroys a bunch of Armenians in entertaining fashion. PHENOMENAL movie.

Re: Taken...

Never heard of it but imdb tells me that Luc Besson wrote it and I like him a lot so I'll check it out

I watched it just now. Incredibly implausible and Neeson's accent is outright ridiculous, but it was definitely entertaining. One of those badass kill all the bad guys movies.

Yeah mindless action flick but it was Liam for god sake's so I enjoyed it. The action sequences were bad ass, and the supposed CIA training was believable in the tactics he used.
    "Right now, somewhere in New York, an eight-year-old kid is wondering if the Yankees will win a championship in his lifetime" - (Updated version of) Bill Simmons

Saw it tonight, good movie...def worth the time.
    The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.' --Ronald Reagan