Register now to remove this ad

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Any football(soccer) fans.

Re: Any football(soccer) fans.

Quote Originally Posted by SaintGeorge67;412892;
    1. Drogba is in no way fast.

2. Overcoming Chelsea? Liverpool finished above them and beat them both times they played in the league.

3. Real Madrid was hardly tough. They got totally destroyed.
    Any truth to the rumor about Adebayor going to Chelsea?
    Quote Originally Posted by ORS
    I know they will. At some point in your life, you'll grow up and quit pulling stupid shit like this. Then, the world will be a better place. Unfortunately, somebody else will turn 12 and start doing the same thing. It's a vicious cycle.

Legend

also, any truth to the rumor that Lionel Messi rules the universe? or just the planet?

Quote Originally Posted by SaintGeorge67;410733;
    I wouldn't call a manager who hasn't won a trophy for 5 years and who's job is in serious jeapordy for a refusal to sign what's needed a genius.
    He doesnt have the funds.

Quote Originally Posted by schillingouttheks;413756;
    I hate how many cups there are in soccer. That's the one thing. I only pay attention to the World Cup, the Champions League, and the national leagues (like the Premier League for England, La Liga for Spain, etc).

Chelsea can take the FA Cup. Too bad they didn't get the one they really wanted.
    The FA Cup used to be a big deal, almost on the level of a league title I think. It just isnt that important anymore. I think the Carling Cup is BS.

US qualifier tonight verse Costa Rica. Tough place to play should be a good game.

Triple A

Quote Originally Posted by Teddyballgame10;414576;
    US qualifier tonight verse Costa Rica. Tough place to play should be a good game.
    We're cooked already. 2-0 and CR are virtually unbeatable down there. Defense is fucking terrible.

Wynn looks so lost. We are in trouble but with Dempsey, Altidore and Dempsey up top we can score.

Triple A

Beasly has been terrible at LB. He got put on his ass in the first 20 seconds.

Real Madrid nabs Kaka and Ronaldo.
    I know they will. At some point in your life, you'll grow up and quit pulling stupid shit like this. Then, the world will be a better place. Unfortunately, somebody else will turn 12 and start doing the same thing. It's a vicious cycle.

Super Moderator

Sweet. Now I hopefully won't have to see Man U at the top of the EPL standings for another year.

Madrid is out of control. They are about halfway to what the Yankees spent this offseason but that doesnt include player wages.

Quote Originally Posted by schillingouttheks;417794;
    Sweet. Now I hopefully won't have to see Man U at the top of the EPL standings for another year.
    Tevez has been linked with Real Madrid, so he could be on the move.

Quote Originally Posted by CrespoBlows;417805;
    Tevez has been linked with Real Madrid, so he could be on the move.
    Man City as well but I doubt Man U would send him there.

Super Moderator

I agree with what's been reported in that with the money they have received, they'll probably re-sign Tevez and replace Ronaldo with Ribery from Bayern. Van Nistelrooy up front doesn't make Tevez a pressing need for Madrid, and after having spent ~$228M in transfer fees alone (never mind what they will be paying when the salaries are finalized), I don't see Tevez going anywhere. With Ronaldo gone, Rooney can have more of a central scoring role on the team and if he gets more time with the ball with Tevez out there, it's still a force.

Quote Originally Posted by schillingouttheks;417808;
    I agree with what's been reported in that with the money they have received, they'll probably re-sign Tevez and replace Ronaldo with Ribery from Bayern. Van Nistelrooy up front doesn't make Tevez a pressing need for Madrid, and after having spent ~$228M in transfer fees alone (never mind what they will be paying when the salaries are finalized), I don't see Tevez going anywhere. With Ronaldo gone, Rooney can have more of a central scoring role on the team and if he gets more time with the ball with Tevez out there, it's still a force.
    Its not about now having the money to resign Tevez, its about convincing him to stay. He stated a number of times he just doesnt want to play there anymore. Man U's best selling point will be with Ronaldo gone youll get much more playing time. But I also think Ribery is going to Man U and Rooney will have a big year.

Quote Originally Posted by Teddyballgame10;417807;
    Man City as well but I doubt Man U would send him there.
    It's got nothing to do with Man U as he's not their player.

He'll probably stay though, which is no bad thing. They spend ?25m and don't improve their team