Register now to remove this ad

Page 286 of 286 FirstFirst ... 186236276284285286
Results 4,276 to 4,288 of 4288

Thread: 2009 Yankees Game Thread

CEO of the Casas Fan Club Dipre's Avatar

Re: 2009 Yankees Game Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Coco's Disciples;484245;
    Agree completely. I wouldn't be worried about CC at all. It's Burnett who would keep me up at night.
    He's been hit-or-miss all season long, while Sabathis has arguably been one of the most dominant pitchers in the AL non-Greinke division.

Why anyone would say with a straight face Fat Sabby's a question mark for the playoffs is beyond me.
    WAR is good for something.

Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Coco's Disciples;484245;
    Agree completely. I wouldn't be worried about CC at all. It's Burnett who would keep me up at night.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dipre;484246;
    He's been hit-or-miss all season long, while Sabathis has arguably been one of the most dominant pitchers in the AL non-Greinke division.

Why anyone would say with a straight face Fat Sabby's a question mark for the playoffs is beyond me.
    I would be worried about CC if I were Jacko. Not because I was afraid he was incapable of producing, but because his success will likely dictate whether the Yankees win the WS or not and we all know that riding one pitcher through the ALDS, ALCS and World Series is pretty tough. Legends are made by those who can carry their team. We know CC has the stuff to do it but he hasn't done it yet, so it should be a questionmark.

To put my thoughts in context, I think that the performance of Beckett and Lester are question marks too, so it isn't like we're without them either. I would just rather have two aces than one.

Quote Originally Posted by example1;484258;
    I would be worried about CC if I were Jacko. Not because I was afraid he was incapable of producing, but because his success will likely dictate whether the Yankees win the WS or not and we all know that riding one pitcher through the ALDS, ALCS and World Series is pretty tough. Legends are made by those who can carry their team. We know CC has the stuff to do it but he hasn't done it yet, so it should be a questionmark.

To put my thoughts in context, I think that the performance of Beckett and Lester are question marks too, so it isn't like we're without them either. I would just rather have two aces than one.
    Even if Sabathia is great, it's not like he's going to carry the Yankees to a World Series. It takes eleven wins to win the World Series. The very most Sabathia could get is six, and that is highly unlikely for a variety of different reasons. The Yankees need the good AJ Burnett to show up. The way I see it, they need to average three wins a series between Sabathia and Burnett.

Quote Originally Posted by example1;484258;

You're taking it out of context.

Sabathia can't single-handedly carry the Yankees through the playoffs for one, and also, we're talking about likely performance, and Sabathia has the stuff and the track record to suggest his past playoff performance is a fluke.

I'm happy about about the fact that, because of the extra off days, Joe has talked about using Hughes and Rivera to get as many as ten outs during the playoffs. In theory, one of my fears for the postseason has been alleviated.

Third straight loss. It's too bad that Pettitte struggled.

Girardi announced that Joba will probably pitch out of the bullpen tomorrow.

It'd be nice to end the season with a win, especially if Burnett turns in a good outing. AJ could probably use the confidence going into the playoffs.
    When we are born, we cry, that we are come
    To this great stage of fools.

Quote Originally Posted by Dipre;484310;
    You're taking it out of context.

Sabathia can't single-handedly carry the Yankees through the playoffs for one, and also, we're talking about likely performance, and Sabathia has the stuff and the track record to suggest his past playoff performance is a fluke.
    JF Christ Dipre, you and I are on the same page a lot these days. The apocalypse is near!
    Hal sucks

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch;484612;
    JF Christ Dipre, you and I are on the same page a lot these days. The apocalypse is near!
    I told you, when i'm on your side, chances are you're right. :lol:

7 RBI inning from A - Rod. Don't see that everyday.

Hopefully he saves some of those for the next few weeks.
    When we are born, we cry, that we are come
    To this great stage of fools.

Quote Originally Posted by Optimist;484627;
    7 RBI inning from A - Rod. Don't see that everyday.

Hopefully he saves some of those for the next few weeks.
    You will probably see him hit into a few DPs
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter;484651;
    You will probably see him hit into a few DPs
    We shall see.
    "Every year, the infielders move a step back because you have lost some speed, and the outfielders move in a step because you have lost some of your power. When they can shake hands, you're finished."