Register now to remove this ad

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Smoltz update

Smoltz update

Drove a couple of hours from my Atlanta home to Augusta last night to catch John Smoltz's next step in rehab. A lot of fans wore Smoltz/Braves jerseys and T-shirts. Heard this was an active board and thought you Sox fans would be interested.

Re: Smoltz update

So how did he look?

Legend

as if he's gonna come back and actually discuss the topic...

The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

All-Star

We could use his arm in the rotation. Although I don't know what we would do with Penny, he was decent his last start out.
    Politically Right Since 1986

Retroware TV
    Follow Me on Twitter!

Quote Originally Posted by ACL BoSox;410446;
    We could use his arm in the rotation. Although I don't know what we would do with Penny, he was decent his last start out.
    I don't know, Penny seems like a ticking time bomb. He was extremely fortune in his last start not to give up 5 or 6 runs. They were hitting rockets off him all night, plus he isnt really missing bats whatsoever.
    "Knicks suck, Jets suck, Yankees suck"

-Peter Griffin, talking to a New Yorker

Quote Originally Posted by MANNYHOF24;410725;
    I don't know, Penny seems like a ticking time bomb. He was extremely fortune in his last start not to give up 5 or 6 runs. They were hitting rockets off him all night, plus he isnt really missing bats whatsoever.
    His health is a ticking time bomb, but as long as he is hitting 94-95 on the gun, he'll get decent results.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

All-Star

Honestly I'm not sold on him. I still think he might be pretty solid this year I'm just not sold on him as of yet. I have to see his stuff first and I honestly don't expect it to be spectacular I'm sure he'll be solid out of the pen but not as a starter.
    1903,1912,1915,1916,2004,2007 World Series Champions

Last week my girlfriend came up to visit. She flew through Atlanta and told me that a muscular man in his 40's decked out in sox garb sat near her on the flight from Atlanta to Boston. She was making fun of him saying it must have been some crazed sox fan. I asked her if it was Smoltz and she said she had no idea.

She finally looked up a picture of him this morning and told me that it was definitely him. Pretty cool if you ask me.

Hmmm, who do you demote? Beckett is back to being a beast, Lester has been hot and cold, Penny is good for a quality start most night at least lately and Wakey isnt the best pen arm due to his unpredictable nature? Right now, in my book, it is between Lester and DiceK since both of them have been off this yr and they both have been pen drains. Well, that is if you go by merit. I think Penny gets the boot in the real world though. No way Terry drops one of his "guys".
    Hal sucks

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch;415197;
    it is between Lester
    Are you fucking serious? There is no way in hell Lester would ever be considered to be taken out of the rotation.
    "Knicks suck, Jets suck, Yankees suck"

-Peter Griffin, talking to a New Yorker

Yeah, Lester's about to go on a run.

Deity

Wake gets DL'd?

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by TheKilo;415200;
    Wake gets DL'd?
    that's what I would do (if Penny doesnt get traded). he's got his shoulder issue and he's broken down the last couple of years

I think Penny will be traded shortly after June 15th. Philly if I had to make a guess.