Register now to remove this ad

Page 1053 of 1088 FirstFirst ... 5355395310031043105110521053105410551063 ... LastLast
Results 15,781 to 15,795 of 16319

Thread: Hello, 11 Active Members

Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    Free laundry and food when you live in driving distance from your parents.
    Yup.
    "Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'" RIP Mike.

"It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    No, but it's okay, because.....

I am excited to announce that I will be a member of the Class of 2021 at the University of Connecticut
    Congrats Thunder. Good luck to you!

"Just one more thing..." Northern Star's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    No, but it's okay, because.....

I am excited to announce that I will be a member of the Class of 2021 at the University of Connecticut
    That's great. If you want to play women's basketball.

Just kidding, I wish you lots of success there.
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

Quote Originally Posted by joeycaps View Post
    So shut up because you have no idea on what you say on anything as evidence of some of your ridiculous posts.

Deity
    Some of the best ice cream in the northeast.

Quote Originally Posted by cp176 View Post
    Some of the best ice cream in the northeast.
    Where?
    "Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'" RIP Mike.

"It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

Quote Originally Posted by Spudboy View Post
    Where?
    UConn Dairy Bar.

http://dining.uconn.edu/uconn-dairy-bar/
    I can't disagree with you

Way to go Thunder!

Thanks everybody! After spending the weekend thinking about it, and only feeling better about my decision, I sent in my deposit today, making it official.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudboy View Post
    Where?
    Storrs, Ct. - just over the top of horse barn hill. Just across the road from the main campus. It is as good as I have ever had.

So, uh, my final season playing baseball is underway. We had our first scrimmage yesterday, and I feel like my first game ever at the varsity level couldn't have gone any better, except for having a warning track/dugout area that wasn't full of snow, and temperatures that were a little warmer than 40. But, this season is going to be really fun. There's 6 seniors leading the team, and we're all really close. In about a month, we're playing a night game at the brand new home of the Hartford Yard Goats, the AA affiliate of the Rockies. If you live in CT, or happen to know anything about this field, named Dunkin' Donuts Park, you know that construction ran a year late, with both sides, independent contractors as well as the city of Hartford, suing the other. The team spent the first month of the season on the road, before playing down in Norwich, at the former home of the Norwich Navigators/Connecticut Defenders, the Giants' AA affiliate that relocated to Richmond, VA a couple of years ago, now known as the Richmond Flying Squirrels, and the current home of the Connecticut Tigers, the single A full season affiliate of the Tigers.

Anyway, the stadium in Hartford is now complete. I drove by it today and it looks marvelous. There was a special section in the Hartford Courant today previewing the team and the stadium, and there is a lot of hype. Tickets for the home opener on April 13th sold out in 30 minutes. The team color scheme is royal blue and green, reminding many of us of the Hartford Whalers, partly explaining the hype around the team. And, exactly 11 days after the home opener, our little regional high school baseball team gets to play there, and I could not possibly be more excited. Not only is it a night game, but every other school sport does not have a game on that day, so we're going to encourage everybody to come. I don't think we're going to be the home team, so we have to deal with the visitors clubhouse and locker room, but I don't even care. Ideally, both teams will be able to choose walk up songs, with a PA announcer doing a play by play. We're not expected to be really good this year, so this might easily be the highlight of our season, and the highlight of my time in high school. A couple of years ago, our football team played the same school where UConn football plays, but I was only a spectator for that game.

Enjoy your senior season Thunder. It will be over with before you know it!

Good luck!

"Just one more thing..." Northern Star's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimmi View Post
    It will be over with before you know it!
    What are you saying, his team sucks?
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

Quote Originally Posted by joeycaps View Post
    So shut up because you have no idea on what you say on anything as evidence of some of your ridiculous posts.

That's the impression I got as well, Kimmi. Come on, keep the faith!

Well, it's official, I'll be in Fenway for the NYY and CHC series this month. I'm going with my wife and my baby. We are planning to go to 4 games. I haven't bought the tickets yet, since we want to catch a Celtic game as well, so I'm waiting to see how the schedule sets for the Celtics. Hopefully the weather helps, seems very cold these days. Also I'll be in NY from April 20th to April 23th, and We probably go to a Mets game as well.

The last time I was in Fenway we won all the games I attended. Hopefully my mojo helps again LOL!

Ted, let me know if you will be there, and if someone wants to join us let us know.
    Tiburones Rojos de Veracruz & Boston Red Sox

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    In the words of Don Corleone when he slaps a crying Johnny Fontaine: "Act like a man!" No, offense ladies.

Tonight's the big night!!!! It's the night we play here:

We're 0-10, and nothing has gone right for us this season, but I'm more excited for this game than I've ever been for anything. This is a once-in-a-lifetime experience.