Register now to remove this ad

Page 2 of 1057 FirstFirst 123412521025021002 ... LastLast

Thread: Hello, 11 Active Members

Re: Hello, 11 Active Members

Quote Originally Posted by Spudboy;420035;
    I'd like to know if J_E saw a Doctor about his ear. How do you feel?

I tried to watch the Pawsox game but it was rained-out. I wanted to see Bukholtz pitch. Too bad.
    I had possibly the world's worst pastrami sandwich today. I' watching Baseball Tonight on ESPN.
    Now my mouse is spazing out and I have no more new batteries.
    He did, giant wax stone.

Quote Originally Posted by DipreG;420034;
    At least you don't live here.

Every time you feel bad, just think you could live here.........or in Haiti.
    Or Somalia...Iraq....Iran....North Korea...anything ending in -stan....France...

I love New England.

Quote Originally Posted by Youk Of The Nation;420032;
    I'm contemplating driving off of some sort of large cliff.
    Please don't do that. Try to keep your chin up.
    "Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'" RIP Mike.

"It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

Quote Originally Posted by Youk Of The Nation;420037;
    Or Somalia...Iraq....Iran....North Korea...anything ending in -stan....France...

I love New England.
    There ya go.

Anything that might be going bad has a solution.

Just stay positive.

I won't really. It's raining and my driver's side window doesn't close.

Quote Originally Posted by Youk Of The Nation;420041;
    I won't really. It's raining and my driver's side window doesn't close.
    I think you should take this opportunity to pursue a new career path. Specifically comedy writing. Your spontaneous wit is the balls.

"It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

I did stand-up at the bar down the street from my house a few times. Then again, making a bunch of drunken Connecticut residents laugh at 2 in the morning doesn't make me George Carlin.

I couldn't possibly be any worse than Dane Cook, right?

No you could not.

Not according to what Kevin Garnett says. But I think you could come closer to Carlin and Pryor than that stiff Cook.

Seriously, you should give it some thought.

Spudboy, if you don't mind me asking: what do/did you do?

I bet it was something old-timey.

I bet he was a milkman or the kindly old pharmacist back when the drugstore used to have a soda fountain in the front.

From 2000-2008 (up to my layoff) I worked for a large photonics manufacturer as a Thin Film Technician.
    Thin Films are deposited on optical substrates under high-vacuum. These films have different refractive indices and result in reflection, transmission, and absorptive characteristics throughout the electromagnetic spectrum. Previous to that I owned a carpet and upholstery cleaning company for 15 years (sold it).

Remember, I'm 53 so I've done other things. I was a semiconductor process engineer for a while. Also did some sales.

Sounds fancy; I was curious.