Register now to remove this ad

Page 2 of 1088 FirstFirst 123412521025021002 ... LastLast

Thread: Hello, 11 Active Members

CEO of the Casas Fan Club Dipre's Avatar

Re: Hello, 11 Active Members

Quote Originally Posted by Spudboy;420035;
    I'd like to know if J_E saw a Doctor about his ear. How do you feel?

I tried to watch the Pawsox game but it was rained-out. I wanted to see Bukholtz pitch. Too bad.
    I had possibly the world's worst pastrami sandwich today. I' watching Baseball Tonight on ESPN.
    Now my mouse is spazing out and I have no more new batteries.
    He did, giant wax stone.
    WAR is good for something.

Super, Duper Moderator Youk Of The Nation's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DipreG;420034;
    At least you don't live here.

Every time you feel bad, just think you could live here.........or in Haiti.
    Or Somalia...Iraq....Iran....North Korea...anything ending in -stan....France...

I love New England.
    Quote Originally Posted by YANKEESRULE View Post
    Yea got hand it to the Sox, they just could not go queitly into the night. Well, they are just post-poning the inevitable.
    - From the 2004 ALCS Game 4 Gamethread. A reminder that no game is over until the final out is recorded, and things will always get better. Misspellings unchanged as a reminder that Yankees fans are just terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Youk Of The Nation;420032;
    I'm contemplating driving off of some sort of large cliff.
    Please don't do that. Try to keep your chin up.
    "Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'" RIP Mike.

"It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

Quote Originally Posted by Youk Of The Nation;420037;
    Or Somalia...Iraq....Iran....North Korea...anything ending in -stan....France...

I love New England.
    There ya go.

Anything that might be going bad has a solution.

Just stay positive.

I won't really. It's raining and my driver's side window doesn't close.
    Yea got hand it to the Sox, they just could not go queitly into the night. Well, they are just post-poning the inevitable.
    - From the 2004 ALCS Game 4 Gamethread. A reminder that no game is over until the final out is recorded, and things will always get better. Misspellings unchanged as a reminder that Yankees fans are just terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Youk Of The Nation;420041;
    I won't really. It's raining and my driver's side window doesn't close.
    I think you should take this opportunity to pursue a new career path. Specifically comedy writing. Your spontaneous wit is the balls.

"It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

I did stand-up at the bar down the street from my house a few times. Then again, making a bunch of drunken Connecticut residents laugh at 2 in the morning doesn't make me George Carlin.

I couldn't possibly be any worse than Dane Cook, right?

No you could not.

Not according to what Kevin Garnett says. But I think you could come closer to Carlin and Pryor than that stiff Cook.

Seriously, you should give it some thought.

Spudboy, if you don't mind me asking: what do/did you do?

I bet it was something old-timey.

I bet he was a milkman or the kindly old pharmacist back when the drugstore used to have a soda fountain in the front.

From 2000-2008 (up to my layoff) I worked for a large photonics manufacturer as a Thin Film Technician.
    Thin Films are deposited on optical substrates under high-vacuum. These films have different refractive indices and result in reflection, transmission, and absorptive characteristics throughout the electromagnetic spectrum. Previous to that I owned a carpet and upholstery cleaning company for 15 years (sold it).

Remember, I'm 53 so I've done other things. I was a semiconductor process engineer for a while. Also did some sales.

Sounds fancy; I was curious.