Register now to remove this ad

Page 3 of 1057 FirstFirst 1234513531035031003 ... LastLast

Thread: Hello, 11 Active Members

Re: Hello, 11 Active Members

Quote Originally Posted by Spudboy;420058;
    From 2000-2008 (up to my layoff) I worked for a large photonics manufacturer as a Thin Film Technician.
    Thin Films are deposited on optical substrates under high-vacuum. These films have different refractive indices and result in reflection, transmission, and absorptive characteristics throughout the electromagnetic spectrum. Previous to that I owned a carpet and upholstery cleaning company for 15 years (sold it).

Remember, I'm 53 so I've done other things. I was a semiconductor process engineer for a while. Also did some sales.
    I consider all those things old-timey.

Carry on.

A semiconductor process engineer is 'oldtimey'?

Who can take the sunshine
    Wrap it in a sigh
    Cover it in sugar and make a strawberry lemon pie
    The semiconductor process engineer can

Yeah, I bet all those old-time penny candy stores used to sell semiconductors too.

You know, so when a kid was done with his licorice stick, he could build a nuclear missle launch control pad.

Well it's not that old-timey.

Old-timey! Yeah, that's me. I saw The Clash in 1978. It was at The Opheum (sp) in Boston. The Undertones and Sam &Dave opened. I've also owned 43 motorcycles. I raced (road race, trials, and motocross).
    "Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'" RIP Mike.

"It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

Quote Originally Posted by Youk Of The Nation;420062;
    A semiconductor process engineer is 'oldtimey'?

Who can take the sunshine
    Wrap it in a sigh
    Cover it in sugar and make a strawberry lemon pie
    The semiconductor process engineer can

Yeah, I bet all those old-time penny candy stores used to sell semiconductors too.

You know, so when a kid was done with his licorice stick, he could build a nuclear missle launch control pad.
    I'm 23.

Those things are old-timey to me.

So is your car, because it uses "roll down" windows.

Got it now?

Speaking of concerts, is anyone else going to see Bob Dylan at McCoy in July? I'm stoked.

Quote Originally Posted by Coco's Disciples;420067;
    Speaking of concerts, is anyone else going to see Bob Dylan at McCoy in July? I'm stoked.
    I can't believe someone your age is into Bob Dylan! I saw him in Louisville in the early 60's.
    THAT"S old-timey.

"It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

I've seen hundreds of bands. I saw The Ramones 4 times. My ears have not been the same since.

You know what's old-timey?

My softball team.

Quote Originally Posted by DipreG;420071;
    You know what's old-timey?

My softball team.
    Comprised, no doubt, of old farts like me? Hey, where did you go to law school?

Web Gems on ESPN just showed Damon's drop of Papi's fly ball. It's even better with music!

Quote Originally Posted by Spudboy;420068;
    I can't believe someone your age is into Bob Dylan! I saw him in Louisville in the early 60's.
    THAT"S old-timey.
    Pff of course. Never seen him live. Willie Nelson and John Mellencamp are also playing, but meh.

Quote Originally Posted by Spudboy;420072;
    Comprised, no doubt, of old farts like me? Hey, where did you go to law school?
    Catholic university of Santo Domingo.

Graduated number 5 in that class, with Cum Laude honors an absolutely no idea of what the fuck was i to do with my life.

And to this day, i don't.

Quote Originally Posted by DipreG;420075;
    Catholic university of Santo Domingo.

Graduated number 5 in that class, with Cum Laude honors an absolutely no idea of what the fuck was i to do with my life.

And to this day, i don't.
    My Sister is a Law professor. She is in Environmental Law. She currently teaches at U. Hawaii.

Quote Originally Posted by Spudboy;420076;
    My Sister is a Law professor. She is in Environmental Law. She currently teaches at U. Hawaii.
    I'm going on a scolarship to get my Master's in Civil and Corporate law.

That's where the money's at.

Operation America's Hat hot girl was a success.