Register now to remove this ad

Page 981 of 1089 FirstFirst ... 48188193197197998098198298399110311081 ... LastLast
Results 14,701 to 14,715 of 16323

Thread: Hello, 11 Active Members

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Star View Post
    No, but I've seen plenty of YT videos of it happening.

They are Yankees fans. That's all that needs to be said.

Quote Originally Posted by Youk Of The Nation View Post
    I don't think any of us have to experience it personally. The kind of Yankees fans who sit in the cheap seats are not the kind of Yankees fans who are going to greet you with "Ah, a Red Stockings supporter, I see. Come, partake of our afternoon tea whilst we have a good chortle at the misfortunes of the other teams in our division, old chap."
    I know the chaps from the cheap seats very well-- not a welcoming tolerant crew. The new stadium has priced out a good portion of the riff Raff from the old stadium.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

Super, Duper Moderator Youk Of The Nation's Avatar
    I know the chaps from the cheap seats very well-- not a welcoming tolerant crew. The new stadium has priced out a good portion of the riff Raff from the old stadium.
    You can't get rid of all of them, though. If you take the riff-raff away from Yankee Stadium, the only people left will be the opposing teams and a few of their fans, and then how would they play baseball?
    Quote Originally Posted by YANKEESRULE View Post
    Yea got hand it to the Sox, they just could not go queitly into the night. Well, they are just post-poning the inevitable.
    - From the 2004 ALCS Game 4 Gamethread. A reminder that no game is over until the final out is recorded, and things will always get better. Misspellings unchanged as a reminder that Yankees fans are just terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Youk Of The Nation View Post
    I don't think any of us have to experience it personally. The kind of Yankees fans who sit in the cheap seats are not the kind of Yankees fans who are going to greet you with "Ah, a Red Stockings supporter, I see. Come, partake of our afternoon tea whilst we have a good chortle at the misfortunes of the other teams in our division, old chap."

Ahh yes. The Fenway bleacher inhabitants are far more friendly to the Yankee urchins. They are also more amenable to buying them food and drink ... or at least to throw it at them although it's not usually a full cup of beer.

That stuff is too expensive to throw these days!

Hey guys and gals. Hope you are all well. Sorry I haven't posted for a while. Sorry to be a downer... but.....

My husband and I have been legally separated for 10 years so he can be on my health insurance.

His cancer came back in October. Now he's in hospice at home. I've taken a leave of absence from work since 3/12. I am doing my best to help him etc.

It sucks. The majority of people in the world don't deserve this but he certainly doesn't. He's 52 and a strong man. He's being a trooper and has a great attitude.

Thanks for letting me vent. I miss most of you.

GO RED SOX!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by VA Sox Fan View Post
    Hey guys and gals. Hope you are all well. Sorry I haven't posted for a while. Sorry to be a downer... but.....

My husband and I have been legally separated for 10 years so he can be on my health insurance.

His cancer came back in October. Now he's in hospice at home. I've taken a leave of absence from work since 3/12. I am doing my best to help him etc.

It sucks. The majority of people in the world don't deserve this but he certainly doesn't. He's 52 and a strong man. He's being a trooper and has a great attitude.

GO RED SOX!!!!
    That is just awful. You are going through a nightmare. Do your best to keep him pain-free. I can tell you from experience that it is important to keep ahead of the pain with the meds which will need to increase in dosage and frequency. You have my sympathy.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

GO RED SOX!!!!
    Wow. That's just terrible. Hope it all goes well for you guys. Here's to a great Red Sox season that hopefully will help to bring some joy into your life.
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    I can't disagree with you

GO RED SOX!!!!
    VA, you're the best, and very missed. Feel free to vent any time -- most of the regulars have aired their own misfortunes at one time or another.

I am sorry to hear this VA. Hang in there and I hope that you both can find some comfort and happiness through all of this.

Vent all you want VA----and if it will do any good I would be most happy to include your loved on in my prayers at night. Seems like I have added so many lately. I cannot understand how these things can happen. So many good people get ill and we're standing around without the power to do much about it. God bless your husband and please keep fighting.

YouTube's April Fools' Day prank is awesome. On every video, there is a button to add music to the video, and if you click it, it plays Sandstorm by Darude. The only downside is that it only lasts for a second. Also, if you search for music, it asks you if you meant to search for Sandstorm by Darude.
    Last edited by Thunder; 04-01-2015 at 07:34 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    I can't disagree with you

Sorry to hear this VA. Hope you the best but just remember that sometimes things happens for something, even the bad ones. Cheer up!
    Tiburones Rojos de Veracruz & Boston Red Sox

In the words of Don Corleone when he slaps a crying Johnny Fontaine: "Act like a man!" No, offense ladies.

"Just one more thing..." Northern Star's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    YouTube's April Fools' Day prank is awesome. On every video, there is a button to add music to the video, and if you click it, it plays Sandstorm by Darude. The only downside is that it only lasts for a second. Also, if you search for music, it asks you if you meant to search for Sandstorm by Darude.
    It took me three or four searches to figure out the "did you mean" was an April Fools Day gag.
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

Quote Originally Posted by joeycaps View Post
    So shut up because you have no idea on what you say on anything as evidence of some of your ridiculous posts.

"Just one more thing..." Northern Star's Avatar

GO RED SOX!!!!
    Really sorry to hear this, VA. Stay strong.
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

Quote Originally Posted by joeycaps View Post
    So shut up because you have no idea on what you say on anything as evidence of some of your ridiculous posts.