Register now to remove this ad

Page 1061 of 1061 FirstFirst ... 6156196110111051105910601061
Results 15,901 to 15,905 of 15905

Thread: Hello, 11 Active Members

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    Well, I mean, we had a date already, so now I'm in uncharted waters.
    Just be respectful and considerate. Be yourself. Don't put too much pressure on yourself or on the girl.

You will be fine no matter what happens.

Above all, just enjoy yourself.
    "Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'" RIP Mike.

"It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

We had an 18 hour dance fundraising dance marathon that she attended, so I'm trying not to get too worked up about the nearly two day communication dry spell. She texted me first after the date was over saying that she had a really good time, so I'm dumbfounded at this point.
    University of Connecticut Class of 2021

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Hitting the ball with his nose was the best contact Pedroia has made in 3 games. Who needs Pedey, we have Brock Holt.

I'm taking all bets on this situation.

10/1 Odds on "it works out and Thunder has a girlfriend"
    7/1 on "She steals all of his possessions, sells them on Craigslist, and then sleeps with his roommate"
    5/1 on "She drugs him and steals his kidney"
    2/1 on "She drugs him and steals both of his kidneys"
    2/1 on "She drugs him and steals both of his kidneys and his social security number"
    1/1 on any other situation

Seriously though, good luck man. You're a good guy, if she's got any taste or style you'll have a second date soon. I'd probably be incommunicado for a couple days after an 18-hour dance marathon; of course I can't dance, so I'd probably be laid up somewhere with a hernia. I'm not a young man.

I remember my first actual girlfriend. I wonder what she looks like now, as opposed to through a nostalgic haze. She probably didn't look as good back then as I am remembering, right?

That second scenario is surprisingly realistic. People find my roommate adorable. Too bad she probably won't steal my stuff. She's basically the female version of me.
    University of Connecticut Class of 2021

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Hitting the ball with his nose was the best contact Pedroia has made in 3 games. Who needs Pedey, we have Brock Holt.

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    We had an 18 hour dance fundraising dance marathon that she attended, so I'm trying not to get too worked up about the nearly two day communication dry spell. She texted me first after the date was over saying that she had a really good time, so I'm dumbfounded at this point.
    Are we now at day 5 of no communication?
    Fire Farrell - fucking check mark!
    Trade Pedroia
    Sign JD Martinez to play 1B/DH - finally checked...
    Sign Alex Cora for MGR - check plus!