Register now to remove this ad

Page 1056 of 1057 FirstFirst ... 56556956100610461054105510561057 LastLast
Results 15,826 to 15,840 of 15843

Thread: Hello, 11 Active Members

  1. #15826
    So, this is my 9th night at college. Contrary to what you might think, I haven't seen or heard of any weed smoking, but I must say I'm getting very tired of smelling vape. On the bright side, I got 11 hours of sleep last night. On a Saturday. It's amazing what you can do if you don't party or drink.
    University of Connecticut Class of 2021

    Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Hitting the ball with his nose was the best contact Pedroia has made in 3 games. Who needs Pedey, we have Brock Holt.

  2. #15827
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    So, this is my 9th night at college. Contrary to what you might think, I haven't seen or heard of any weed smoking, but I must say I'm getting very tired of smelling vape. On the bright side, I got 11 hours of sleep last night. On a Saturday. It's amazing what you can do if you don't party or drink.
    You got that right. I haven't drank in a little over two years, and I sleep so much better now.


  3. #15828
    Quote Originally Posted by Youk Of The Nation View Post
    You got that right. I haven't drank in a little over two years, and I sleep so much better now.
    You should celebrate with a Scotch.

    Five years for me, give or take.
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

    Quote Originally Posted by joeycaps View Post
    So shut up because you have no idea on what you say on anything as evidence of some of your ridiculous posts.

  4. #15829
    I was able to get a hold of UN just now on FB.

    He says that his family is well prepared for the storm with two weeks of food and such.

    He also said the storm is not on a direct path to his city.
    "Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'" RIP Mike.


    "It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

  5. #15830
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudboy View Post
    I was able to get a hold of UN just now on FB.

    He says that his family is well prepared for the storm with two weeks of food and such.
    That is good to know. Thanks.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kimmi View Post
    This is true. Baseball is such a random sport.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dojji View Post
    [T]he conclusion to be drawn is that there is no practical value in seeking this ideal lineup, and in that case any way in which it might be meaningfully termed "best" is irrelevant, academic at best, pedantic at worst

  6. #15831
    I posted in the other thread!
    We miss you Mike.

  7. #15832
    Quote Originally Posted by User Name? View Post
    I posted in the other thread!
    Told you people were in a tizzy!
    Seasoning in AAA is overrated.

  8. #15833
    So, a little bit of a dilemma here, that I could use some help with:

    Last night, I literally ran out of a class and didn't come back until the end to avoid standing up and introducing myself. Now, for those of you that know me well enough, I think I've mentioned on here a couple times before that I stutter. It's not nearly as bad as it was in my youth, but there are nights where it is certainly worse than others, and it can change in an instant. The biggest thing that still gets me is having to say my first and last name, which is only 7 letters and 3 syllables combined. Needless to say, last night in this class, I just felt it coming, and I ran out of the room, and into the bathroom, where I cried on and off until the class was over. Anyway, for some time now, any time I have one of these relapses, there's a phrase I keep telling myself over and over again to calm me down, something along the lines of "It's too bad THAT won't ever happen again," as a way to re-establish my confidence. Now, it hit me in my sleep last night that it would be meaningful and symbolic to me to get that tattooed somewhere on my body where I can see it, so probably the arm, as a reminder that there is no need to try to hide from myself the fact that this happens, and to remember all the troubles I have overcome and continue to overcome. The problem is, my parents have always been very clear regarding their stance on these matters, and I'm just afraid that they won't respond kindly to it. Now, I know you're probably thinking that since I'm in college now, it shouldn't matter what my parents think, or something along those lines, but it actually does matter what they think. It matters quite a bit actually. I'm afraid they won't understand the meaning of it, and afraid that my extended family, whom I love deeply despite being the most judgmental people I know, will think even worse of it.
    University of Connecticut Class of 2021

    Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Hitting the ball with his nose was the best contact Pedroia has made in 3 games. Who needs Pedey, we have Brock Holt.

  9. #15834
    ok. first - congrats on college. this is the BEST time of your life. work hard but also enjoy your time there. i see that you are straight edge so i wont bother with the enjoy the booze and the weed. although that vape you smelling very well could be weed.
    ok, as for the classroom incident - anxiety is a bitch. i completely understand that. your mind starts spinning and you lose control. it sucks. the only advice i can offer is that next time it happens - you need to try and fight though it, stand up and announce your presence with authority. or the best way that Thunder can. if you stutter while doing it...then, you stuttered. no big deal. it's college now and i would like to think that the kids in class have matured enough not to be dicks and embarrass someone with a speech impediment. if they do...that's their problem - not your's. easy for me to say as i'm not in your shoes but if i were....that's how i would try and approach it.
    as for the tattoo...i think that is a great idea. obviously you are old enough to go and get this on your own without your parents consent. but if you are close with them and if you do respect their wishes i would try and talk to them about it. i bet if you explained the story that you just told us to them, they would drive you to the tattoo shop and pay for it.
    other names i have posted under: none

  10. #15835
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    So, a little bit of a dilemma here, that I could use some help with:

    Last night, I literally ran out of a class and didn't come back until the end to avoid standing up and introducing myself. Now, for those of you that know me well enough, I think I've mentioned on here a couple times before that I stutter. It's not nearly as bad as it was in my youth, but there are nights where it is certainly worse than others, and it can change in an instant. The biggest thing that still gets me is having to say my first and last name, which is only 7 letters and 3 syllables combined. Needless to say, last night in this class, I just felt it coming, and I ran out of the room, and into the bathroom, where I cried on and off until the class was over. Anyway, for some time now, any time I have one of these relapses, there's a phrase I keep telling myself over and over again to calm me down, something along the lines of "It's too bad THAT won't ever happen again," as a way to re-establish my confidence. Now, it hit me in my sleep last night that it would be meaningful and symbolic to me to get that tattooed somewhere on my body where I can see it, so probably the arm, as a reminder that there is no need to try to hide from myself the fact that this happens, and to remember all the troubles I have overcome and continue to overcome. The problem is, my parents have always been very clear regarding their stance on these matters, and I'm just afraid that they won't respond kindly to it. Now, I know you're probably thinking that since I'm in college now, it shouldn't matter what my parents think, or something along those lines, but it actually does matter what they think. It matters quite a bit actually. I'm afraid they won't understand the meaning of it, and afraid that my extended family, whom I love deeply despite being the most judgmental people I know, will think even worse of it.
    Could you shorten that to make it a more appealing tattoo? Good idea, but I don't know how you'd make it into a tattoo. I think you'll need to really present this situation in full to your parents. Explain how it could help.

    I once dropped a class because they wanted to split us up into small groups on the 2nd day of class and discuss personal goals.

    I once had a class with a girl who mistook me for someone who was in one of her other classes too. She always wanted to small talk about whatever and I never got around to saying that I wasn't in the other class. She once borrowed a book and said "if you need it back this weekend, here's my cell." At the end of the semester, she asked me why I skipped the other class's final. I was just like "I didn't feel like going. Bye."
    Seasoning in AAA is overrated.

  11. #15836
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    Could you shorten that to make it a more appealing tattoo? Good idea, but I don't know how you'd make it into a tattoo. I think you'll need to really present this situation in full to your parents. Explain how it could help.

    I once dropped a class because they wanted to split us up into small groups on the 2nd day of class and discuss personal goals.

    I once had a class with a girl who mistook me for someone who was in one of her other classes too. She always wanted to small talk about whatever and I never got around to saying that I wasn't in the other class. She once borrowed a book and said "if you need it back this weekend, here's my cell." At the end of the semester, she asked me why I skipped the other class's final. I was just like "I didn't feel like going. Bye."
    I think that you are getting some great advice here Thunder. People that are able to get through life without having to fight through some real personal battles are the unusual ones. I think that you will figure things out and that you will find that the people that count are really pretty supportive and understanding. I wanted to major in English but when i discovered that part of the requirement was to recite the Lord's Prayer in old English, I became a History major. Things worked out.

  12. #15837
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    So, a little bit of a dilemma here, that I could use some help with:

    Last night, I literally ran out of a class and didn't come back until the end to avoid standing up and introducing myself. Now, for those of you that know me well enough, I think I've mentioned on here a couple times before that I stutter. It's not nearly as bad as it was in my youth, but there are nights where it is certainly worse than others, and it can change in an instant. The biggest thing that still gets me is having to say my first and last name, which is only 7 letters and 3 syllables combined. Needless to say, last night in this class, I just felt it coming, and I ran out of the room, and into the bathroom, where I cried on and off until the class was over. Anyway, for some time now, any time I have one of these relapses, there's a phrase I keep telling myself over and over again to calm me down, something along the lines of "It's too bad THAT won't ever happen again," as a way to re-establish my confidence. Now, it hit me in my sleep last night that it would be meaningful and symbolic to me to get that tattooed somewhere on my body where I can see it, so probably the arm, as a reminder that there is no need to try to hide from myself the fact that this happens, and to remember all the troubles I have overcome and continue to overcome. The problem is, my parents have always been very clear regarding their stance on these matters, and I'm just afraid that they won't respond kindly to it. Now, I know you're probably thinking that since I'm in college now, it shouldn't matter what my parents think, or something along those lines, but it actually does matter what they think. It matters quite a bit actually. I'm afraid they won't understand the meaning of it, and afraid that my extended family, whom I love deeply despite being the most judgmental people I know, will think even worse of it.
    You have a good head on your shoulders, Thunder. I'm sure that was a really difficult moment for you, but you've not only survived incidents like this your whole life, you also seem like you've come through all of them in pretty good shape. Others have offered some pretty good advice, and I tend to agree with what they're saying. Talk to your parents.

  13. #15838
    There is only one true solution to this issue.

    Never speak out loud again, tattoo every inch of your forearms and the upper half of your face, then wear a mask that covers the lower half and become a completely silent vigilante who prowls the streets at night, fighting crime and protecting the weak. You can call yourself "The Whisperer".

    You're welcome.


  14. #15839
    Are the parents paying the freight for college?

    I'm not sure you need to tattoo it, because it's something that's your go-to phrase. So maybe instead of the words, just a symbol that will have the same kind of meaning. I can understand it being a hard sell with the parents. Maybe wait until you've graduated, you're in a place of your own and more independent.

    btw...had a panic attack on the way to work on my first day of my first job. Had to call in sick and they ended up having to rearrange other people's schedules. Not a good look, but these things happen.
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

    Quote Originally Posted by joeycaps View Post
    So shut up because you have no idea on what you say on anything as evidence of some of your ridiculous posts.

  15. #15840
    Quote Originally Posted by Youk Of The Nation View Post
    There is only one true solution to this issue.

    Never speak out loud again, tattoo every inch of your forearms and the upper half of your face, then wear a mask that covers the lower half and become a completely silent vigilante who prowls the streets at night, fighting crime and protecting the weak. You can call yourself "The Whisperer".

    You're welcome.
    I think that's taking it a bit far.......... asking someone to leave the comfort and safety of their living room just to make a statement is asking too much...
    Everybody here is out of sight
    They don't bark, and they don't bite
    They keep things loose, they keep things light
    Everybody was dancin' in the moonlight

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •