Register now to remove this ad

Page 1061 of 1088 FirstFirst ... 6156196110111051105910601061106210631071 ... LastLast
Results 15,901 to 15,915 of 16319

Thread: Hello, 11 Active Members

We had an 18 hour dance fundraising dance marathon that she attended, so I'm trying not to get too worked up about the nearly two day communication dry spell. She texted me first after the date was over saying that she had a really good time, so I'm dumbfounded at this point.
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    I can't disagree with you

Super, Duper Moderator Youk Of The Nation's Avatar
    I'm taking all bets on this situation.

10/1 Odds on "it works out and Thunder has a girlfriend"
    7/1 on "She steals all of his possessions, sells them on Craigslist, and then sleeps with his roommate"
    5/1 on "She drugs him and steals his kidney"
    2/1 on "She drugs him and steals both of his kidneys"
    2/1 on "She drugs him and steals both of his kidneys and his social security number"
    1/1 on any other situation

Seriously though, good luck man. You're a good guy, if she's got any taste or style you'll have a second date soon. I'd probably be incommunicado for a couple days after an 18-hour dance marathon; of course I can't dance, so I'd probably be laid up somewhere with a hernia. I'm not a young man.

I remember my first actual girlfriend. I wonder what she looks like now, as opposed to through a nostalgic haze. She probably didn't look as good back then as I am remembering, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by YANKEESRULE View Post
    Yea got hand it to the Sox, they just could not go queitly into the night. Well, they are just post-poning the inevitable.
    - From the 2004 ALCS Game 4 Gamethread. A reminder that no game is over until the final out is recorded, and things will always get better. Misspellings unchanged as a reminder that Yankees fans are just terrible.

That second scenario is surprisingly realistic. People find my roommate adorable. Too bad she probably won't steal my stuff. She's basically the female version of me.

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    We had an 18 hour dance fundraising dance marathon that she attended, so I'm trying not to get too worked up about the nearly two day communication dry spell. She texted me first after the date was over saying that she had a really good time, so I'm dumbfounded at this point.
    Are we now at day 5 of no communication?
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    ( I won't say the "C word.")

So this girl I work with recently broke up with her boyfriend because he was cheating on her, and he kicked her out of the house they share, which his parents own, and changed the locks. Tonight, he showed up at our job trying to get rent money from her, for an entire month, for a house that he kicked her out of on the fourth of the month. He was screaming and cursing and threatening, so my manager and I told him to leave or we'd call the police. We called them about five seconds after that because it was clear he wasn't going to leave. So I stand kind of in front of this girl, since he definitely seemed like he was on the brink of violence, and just doing that made him decide that her and I were involved, because I definitely seem like the kind of 30-year old guy who dates 18-year old party girls. Anyways, he starts in on me, ignoring her now, which is fine because the cops are on the way. He upgraded to picking up an empty wineglass from a table and throwing it at me, and missing because it was a wineglass and I am invincible. I think, I'm not sure. Anyways, I pick up an empty wine bottle, because it's the only thing within arm's reach and I figure he's about two seconds from coming at me. That's about when the police walk in. So they come in to this guy screaming at the top of his lungs, half of the customers in the restaurant vacating their seats and standing on the other side, and me holding a wine bottle like I'm about to crack it over someone's head in a Steven Seagal movie. Obviously I drop it as soon as they come in the door, but he completely ignores them. He's screaming and threatening, they're screaming at him to shut up, and he just keeps screaming over them that I'm a pedophile. This could have ended very badly, but thankfully these cops know me because they always come into the restaurant for carryout orders. So after about 45 seconds of listening to this guy scream, they tased him. They dragged him out to his car, took statements from all of us, and one of the cops even reminded all of the customers left in the restaurant to tip their servers, haha. I got a bunch of great tips from people who were witnesses to the whole thing, and the best part was the only thing I did was stand there and make sarcastic comments the entire time. Granted, that's not the way to defuse a situation, but nothing was defusing this one. Anyways, that was the most exciting night of work I've had in a long long time, so I just thought I'd share. If this makes a newspaper article, which I doubt, I'll post a link.
    Yea got hand it to the Sox, they just could not go queitly into the night. Well, they are just post-poning the inevitable.
    - From the 2004 ALCS Game 4 Gamethread. A reminder that no game is over until the final out is recorded, and things will always get better. Misspellings unchanged as a reminder that Yankees fans are just terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Youk Of The Nation View Post
    So this girl I work with recently broke up with her boyfriend because he was cheating on her, and he kicked her out of the house they share, which his parents own, and changed the locks. Tonight, he showed up at our job trying to get rent money from her, for an entire month, for a house that he kicked her out of on the fourth of the month. He was screaming and cursing and threatening, so my manager and I told him to leave or we'd call the police. We called them about five seconds after that because it was clear he wasn't going to leave. So I stand kind of in front of this girl, since he definitely seemed like he was on the brink of violence, and just doing that made him decide that her and I were involved, because I definitely seem like the kind of 30-year old guy who dates 18-year old party girls. Anyways, he starts in on me, ignoring her now, which is fine because the cops are on the way. He upgraded to picking up an empty wineglass from a table and throwing it at me, and missing because it was a wineglass and I am invincible. I think, I'm not sure. Anyways, I pick up an empty wine bottle, because it's the only thing within arm's reach and I figure he's about two seconds from coming at me. That's about when the police walk in. So they come in to this guy screaming at the top of his lungs, half of the customers in the restaurant vacating their seats and standing on the other side, and me holding a wine bottle like I'm about to crack it over someone's head in a Steven Seagal movie. Obviously I drop it as soon as they come in the door, but he completely ignores them. He's screaming and threatening, they're screaming at him to shut up, and he just keeps screaming over them that I'm a pedophile. This could have ended very badly, but thankfully these cops know me because they always come into the restaurant for carryout orders. So after about 45 seconds of listening to this guy scream, they tased him. They dragged him out to his car, took statements from all of us, and one of the cops even reminded all of the customers left in the restaurant to tip their servers, haha. I got a bunch of great tips from people who were witnesses to the whole thing, and the best part was the only thing I did was stand there and make sarcastic comments the entire time. Granted, that's not the way to defuse a situation, but nothing was defusing this one. Anyways, that was the most exciting night of work I've had in a long long time, so I just thought I'd share. If this makes a newspaper article, which I doubt, I'll post a link.
    I'm glad the cops knew you because in a moment of haste they could have seen you as an antagonist and aggressor.

Pro tip. Next time grab a full or partially full bottle.

Don't fuck around.
    "Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'" RIP Mike.

"It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

Quote Originally Posted by Spudboy View Post
    I'm glad the cops knew you because in a moment of haste they could have seen you as an antagonist and aggressor.

Pro tip. Next time grab a full or partially full bottle.

Don't fuck around.
    That's what I was thinking after it happened.

Also, I had to go for the empty one because it was on a table near me, and I was up at the front. I would have had to go around to the other side of the bar to get one! From now on I'm carrying a collapsible baton with me at work. Also, I think I should make a pass at this girl, because if I'm going to be dodging glassware because someone thinks I'm sleeping with her, I might as well get the benefits.

Also, I had to go for the empty one because it was on a table near me, and I was up at the front. I would have had to go around to the other side of the bar to get one! From now on I'm carrying a collapsible baton with me at work. Also, I think I should make a pass at this girl, because if I'm going to be dodging glassware because someone thinks I'm sleeping with her, I might as well get the benefits.
    Lol.

"It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

That's some story. I would ask what restaurant this is since I might have heard of it being so close to you, but that would be too personal.

Is this 18 year old party girl still available or nah?

I think her taste in guys should probably be a giant red flag, honestly. And this restaurant is in Cromwell.

The collapsible baton is a great defensive weapon, but in MA as in NY it is illegal as is a stun gun and pepper spray. The law in NY is screwy. A stick is illegal too. Canes are not, and titanium canes are just as effective as the baton. My advice is too have a couple of baseball bats on the premises concealed but easily accessible if things get ugly. Oh, and I think bear spray is legal. Go figure. From what I understand, that stuff is accurate fro quite a distance. LOL!
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

Collapsible and non-collapsible batons are indeed illegal in CT as well.

Collapsible and non-collapsible batons are indeed illegal in CT as well.
    Well you will have to be the new sommelier (sp ) - the guy who pours the wine.

In this way you will always be armed.

Great story. In this day and age when people too often stand back and video someone getting the snot beat out of them, it's refreshing to hear about someone doing something to help another person out. (On that topic, I bet some of the customers videoed the entire thing and it will likely end up on social media somewhere.)

Good job Youk. Super moderator and community hero.

I think her taste in guys should probably be a giant red flag, honestly. And this restaurant is in Cromwell.
    It's not a turn off when you're desperate.

I know Cromwell very well. I've probably gone by this place numerous times.