Register now to remove this ad

Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: The Obama Deception

Re: The Obama Deception

Quote Originally Posted by bosoxgirl34;463020;
    so i didnt read this whole thread but i am so sick of people bitching about obama not doing this and not doing that and saying he is bullshiting everything he had said about bettering america.....it has been 6 months give the man some time. i dont get why people think he should have fixed everything by now and why they are so scared of everything he says its stupid
    I think he's been given enough time to display what he has in store for the United States for the next four years. He was elected as the anti-war candidate who promised to end our involvement in Iraq. What does he do instead? He leaves troops in Iraq, while doubling the committment to a rapidly falling into chaos country whose leader resembles Diem, rather than Churchill.

He's bailed out the auto industry, as well as burdened more poor people with more debt with that horrifically stupid cash-for-clunkers program, and now he's trying to convince the public that we don't have socialized medicine already. The government makes up 50% of healthcare spending with Medicare, Medicaid, and VA. Check the track records on those wonderful programs.

Oh, don't forget the failed Stimulus package. Stimulus II, $9trillion deficit. $50 trillion plus in entitlements. Hahaha, we are so fucked. I hope that enough people will be able to weather the economic storm that's on the horizon.
    Quote Originally Posted by ORS
    I know they will. At some point in your life, you'll grow up and quit pulling stupid shit like this. Then, the world will be a better place. Unfortunately, somebody else will turn 12 and start doing the same thing. It's a vicious cycle.

why doesnt the Fed go ahead and print 50 trillion dollars? lol
    they are close to doing it anyways.
    "It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan

Quote Originally Posted by RedSoxRooter;464445;
    Oh hellz yeah. I even registered to vote this year for the first time since Clinton's first presidency! I'm voting Dem across the board here in GA next year - these fucking rednecks can suck my dick.

And I love the fact Obama's gone on record as saying he'd be a one term president it thats what it takes. Damn right! The man's got balls.

I swear, if this idiot country elects Jeb, I'll move to Canada.
    If Obama is a one term president, which I think he probably will be, it will be because the country has decisively repudiated his platform, and will have embraced a considerably more fiscally conservative candidate.
    I know they will. At some point in your life, you'll grow up and quit pulling stupid shit like this. Then, the world will be a better place. Unfortunately, somebody else will turn 12 and start doing the same thing. It's a vicious cycle.

All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by CrespoBlows;464585;
    If Obama is a one term president, which I think he probably will be, it will be because the country has decisively repudiated his platform, and will have embraced a considerably more fiscally conservative candidate.
    60% of voters follow the lead of liberal media, Hollywood and the late night comics. Obama will surely win a second term as long as they remain in his corner.

Quote Originally Posted by rhet;464592;
    60% of voters follow the lead of liberal media, Hollywood and the late night comics. Obama will surely win a second term as long as they remain in his corner.
    Americans may not be experts on political science, but they are far from the sheep the elite makes them out to be. When Americans are fed up with nonsense, the pendulum swings back the other way. Sure, there isn't a significant difference between the two parties, but Americans will vote for the Republican party in record numbers if they can offer a platform that offers them "Change!" Will the Republicans turn their rhetoric into reality? Recent history suggests they won't, but that doesn't stop Americans from feeling better about the supposed change that has occured.

Quote Originally Posted by bosoxgirl34;463226;
    Basically what im saying is this isnt going to go away right away it might not eveb go away at all but atleast he is trying........and ever hear the saying youve got to spend money to make money......you dont just open a business and put no money into it and expect to make money in return
    Yeah, but you have to have money to spend money. You don't rev up the printer to dispense funds so you can buy new toys for your misadventures overseas. Oh, wait that's called counterfeiting.

Quote Originally Posted by CrespoBlows;464605;
    Americans may not be experts on political science, but they are far from the sheep the elite makes them out to be. When Americans are fed up with nonsense, the pendulum swings back the other way. Sure, there isn't a significant difference between the two parties, but Americans will vote for the Republican party in record numbers if they can offer a platform that offers them "Change!" Will the Republicans turn their rhetoric into reality? Recent history suggests they won't, but that doesn't stop Americans from feeling better about the supposed change that has occured.
    People are sick of seeing multiple failures on multiple fronts. The wars in Iraq and Afghanistan. The economy falling into despair. The housing market crashing. The job market crashing. The health system being broken. Obama's (and Bush's to that matter) plans have all been short sighted and will not fix the problems at hand. Once America sees this, they will scream for change again, and I have a feeling that scream for change comes when Obama needs to pay the piper and raise taxes on EVERYONE. Thats coming, cause you cannot start all these stimulus plans AND put significantly more money into a healthcare system that initially will cost a TON more and not expect to have to pay the piper. Thats coming. Once the middle class and possibly the working poor need to kick in another 1-2% of their paychecks into the pot, there will be chaos.
    Hal sucks

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch;465790;
    People are sick of seeing multiple failures on multiple fronts. The wars in Iraq and Afghanistan. The economy falling into despair. The housing market crashing. The job market crashing. The health system being broken. Obama's (and Bush's to that matter) plans have all been short sighted and will not fix the problems at hand. Once America sees this, they will scream for change again, and I have a feeling that scream for change comes when Obama needs to pay the piper and raise taxes on EVERYONE. Thats coming, cause you cannot start all these stimulus plans AND put significantly more money into a healthcare system that initially will cost a TON more and not expect to have to pay the piper. Thats coming. Once the middle class and possibly the working poor need to kick in another 1-2% of their paychecks into the pot, there will be chaos.
    1-2%? It would have to substantially more than that, and I don't think Obama will have the mandate to get a bill like that through both houses of Congress. The Blue Dogs would face a heavy backlash, which could compromise their seats on the hill. Chances are, if health care reform goes through, it will be courtesy of the Federal Reserve.

The Federal Reserve has already handed out trillions of dollars in bailout money. If Obama is true to his word and wishes to reduce or maintain the national debt, he will raise taxes. Cause as of right now, the national debt is due to grow by 2 trillion over his 4 yr term, the largest leap in any 4 yr span ever.
    Hal sucks

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch;465802;
    The Federal Reserve has already handed out trillions of dollars in bailout money. If Obama is true to his word and wishes to reduce or maintain the national debt, he will raise taxes.
    That would be a shocking reversal of policy from both the Federal Reserve and Barack Obama. The rebound we are having right now isn't sustainable, and when there is another dive, and there will be another one, Stimulus II will be launched. I wouldn't be surprised if it is led by a Republican controlled Congress, although they may not have the opportunity. There isn't the political will to stop inflating, or spending. A raise in taxes would send this economy into a major depression. The Federal Reserve won't even raise interest rates, or cut the money supply.

Do you seriously expect Obama to raise taxes? It would be an amazing display of a shining star going into supernova. The Republicans would have a major revolution akin to the False Reagan Revolution of 1980. I have been stunned about some of the policies passed by the administration, but they have their Keynesian cover to help them out there, but not even Keynes advocated raising taxes during a recession. It would be the most mind-boggling decision in the history of this country.

Cause as of right now, the national debt is due to grow by 2 trillion over his 4 yr term, the largest leap in any 4 yr span ever.
    That's incredibly optimistic.

optimistic as in you think the debt will grow by more than 2 trillion, or am I being pessimistic and you think it wont grow by 2 trillion
    Hal sucks

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch;465820;
    optimistic as in you think the debt will grow by more than 2 trillion, or am I being pessimistic and you think it wont grow by 2 trillion
    The deficit will explode past $2 trillion, especially if the war drums beat louder with Iran, and if we see any deflationary movements in the economy.

And I do expect Obama to raise taxes. He's already raising taxes on the higher tax brackets by letting the Bush tax cuts "expire". I find that hilarious. I am not raising taxes, I am just letting tax cuts expire. What a political BS move. Now, he is talking about raising taxes on families who make over 250K when his policy line initially was anyone over 500K. He's a democrat snake, the uber democrat. Possibly the most liberal liberal to ever take office and he has the power of the senate and congress on his side. Hence, I wouldnt trust him at all. Also, the federal reserve can only bail us out for so long, since by pulling cash out of it, you effectively decrease the value of the american dollar. Eventually, the piper will need to be paid.

What I find just irresponsible is the timing of all these bailouts and now the medical reform. We are in a massive recession with unemployment rates at all time highs and real estate value at record lows. And instead of riding it out, this guy starts handing out billions of dollars as if its free. And then he has stimulus packages that are shortsighted in goal and painful in terms of the long term fiscal soundness of this country. Granted, I am taking advantage of one of them (1st time homebuyers credit), but that doesnt help the american populace on the whole. Now, after giving trillions of dollars to big business and to these stimulus packages, he is rushing to tackle medical reform. Something that will have a MASSIVE up front cost. Massive. It is the project of all projects that would require tons of money and a change in the mentality of the american people. Something that wont go over well. Regardless, there are a lot of things I thought I liked about Obama. But he is just continuing the practice of fiscal irresponsibility and the practice of rushing into big decisions without thinking things through. Its gonna be a disaster.
    Hal sucks

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch;465822;
    And I do expect Obama to raise taxes. He's already raising taxes on the higher tax brackets by letting the Bush tax cuts "expire". I find that hilarious. I am not raising taxes, I am just letting tax cuts expire. What a political BS move. Now, he is talking about raising taxes on families who make over 250K when his policy line initially was anyone over 500K. He's a democrat snake, the uber democrat. Possibly the most liberal liberal to ever take office and he has the power of the senate and congress on his side. Hence, I wouldnt trust him at all. Also, the federal reserve can only bail us out for so long, since by pulling cash out of it, you effectively decrease the value of the american dollar. Eventually, the piper will need to be paid.

What I find just irresponsible is the timing of all these bailouts and now the medical reform. We are in a massive recession with unemployment rates at all time highs and real estate value at record lows. And instead of riding it out, this guy starts handing out billions of dollars as if its free. And then he has stimulus packages that are shortsighted in goal and painful in terms of the long term fiscal soundness of this country. Granted, I am taking advantage of one of them (1st time homebuyers credit), but that doesnt help the american populace on the whole. Now, after giving trillions of dollars to big business and to these stimulus packages, he is rushing to tackle medical reform. Something that will have a MASSIVE up front cost. Massive. It is the project of all projects that would require tons of money and a change in the mentality of the american people. Something that wont go over well. Regardless, there are a lot of things I thought I liked about Obama. But he is just continuing the practice of fiscal irresponsibility and the practice of rushing into big decisions without thinking things through. Its gonna be a disaster.
    I don't see how he's any more liberal than FDR, LBJ, or even W. Jr. for that matter, but good point on the expiration of Bush tax cuts.

I believe his policy line has always been $250,000, but the inflation tax should count as a tax increase. That hits people under that bracket the hardest.

EDIT* So should cap-and-trade, and the Sin Tax on cigarettes.

When he first began running, going through the primaries, his number was actually a million. Then, it was 500K. Now its 250K. Its like getting penalized for making something out of yourself.
    Hal sucks