Register now to remove this ad

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: DipreG, a700hitter, Jacko, and Jacoby's intelligent, civil conversation.

Re: 6/19 vs. Atlanta

Quote Originally Posted by DipreG;421780;
    FAIL.

If you want to say i advocated trading for Penny, then you need to prove it, and you won't be able to because it's not true.

I just said you're pessimistic 'cause you are.

You take every chance you get to punce on either the FO or the players, and the Penny thread was just an example which you're twisting around.

If the Penny thread is getting your panties in a bunch, then the Papelbon one will make you jump off a boat.
    this fail crap has to stop. It makes you look like a moron. And btw, what self respecting sox fan has never been to fenway? Thats like saying you're Christian but you havent been to church. Hell, I've been to fenway a few times and I even played there. And I hate the sox
    Hal sucks

FAIL.

If you want to say i advocated trading for Penny, then you need to prove it, and you won't be able to because it's not true.

I just said you're pessimistic 'cause you are.
    I'm still wondering why my reasons for wanting to keep Penny are pessimistic, but your reasons are some how positive. What are your reasons for not wanting to trade Penny?

You take every chance you get to punce on either the FO or the players, and the Penny thread was just an example which you're twisting around.
    I do? Which players don't I like? I am just curious. As for the FO, I have acknowledged many times that they are a talented group, but being human they do make some mistakes, and they generally acknowledge their mistakes. BTW Criticizing someone for mistakes is not pessimism, especially since I am convinced that they have and will continue to take the necessary counter-measures when they make a mistake.

If the Penny thread is getting your panties in a bunch, then the Papelbon one will make you jump off a boat.
    It's all in good fun for me. You should try taking things a little lighter. Are you sure that you are Dominican? I thought things were a little more laid back there. I apologize for using the term "laid." Maybe that is rubbing you the wrong way.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch;421792 View Post
    this fail crap has to stop. It makes you look like a moron. And btw, what self respecting sox fan has never been to fenway? Thats like saying you're Christian but you havent been to church. Hell, I've been to fenway a few times and I even played there. And I hate the sox
    Fucking dipshit, maybe he's from another fucking country and doesn't have the means to get to Fenway?? Or maybe not the will to travel that far?? What a toolish fucking thing to say. LULZ Y D0NT U G0 2 GAEMZ!!!!

I've only been to a Sox game once in my life. I guess that makes me a pretty shitty fan too, despite the fact that tickets are expensive as fuck and I don't really have the desire or means to pay out the ass for that kind of stuff. Fuck all the t-shirts and other gear I have sitting around my fucking house as proof of my fandom.

CEO of the Casas Fan Club Dipre's Avatar

I think Jacko's the one who can't handle his liquor.

Oh, and fail is awesome, douchebag.

And a700, trying to prove the obvious is not necessary.

You're a pessimist, plain and simple.

OMFG TEH FO XUZORRRRRR DEY R LET PAPS GOOOOO!!!!1111!!!!
    WAR is good for something.

Watch the gamezzzz in personnnnnn

Quote Originally Posted by Coco's Disciples;421806;
    Watch the gamezzzz in personnnnnn
    And handle the liquor while at it.

Quote Originally Posted by DipreG;421802;
    I think Jacko's the one who can't handle his liquor.

Oh, and fail is awesome, douchebag.

And a700, trying to prove the obvious is not necessary.

You're a pessimist, plain and simple.

OMFG TEH FO XUZORRRRRR DEY R LET PAPS GOOOOO!!!!1111!!!!
    Of course I must be a pessimist, because I challenge stupidity and naivete. I never said that the Sox will not be good if Papelbon leaves. Never said that once. I do believe that they will not make the playoffs as consistently when he is is gone. I am on record on this forum several times saying the same thing about the Yankees and Mo. I think the Yankees will still be good, but they will not make the playoffs so consistently. Is that pessimistic? Maybe I just put a different value on "lock down" closer than you do. Smoke some weed and chill. They got good weed in the DR... no? Have some.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter;421818;
    Of course I must be a pessimist, because I challenge stupidity and naivete. I never said that the Sox will not be good if Papelbon leaves. Never said that once. I do believe that they will not make the playoffs as consistently when he is is gone. I am on record on this forum several times saying the same thing about the Yankees and Mo. I think the Yankees will still be good, but they will not make the playoffs so consistently. Is that pessimistic? Maybe I just put a different value on "lock down" closer than you do. Smoke some weed and chill. They got good weed in the DR... no? Have some.
    You know what's stupid?

Making Jonathan Papelbon the best paid member on this team.

Now that's stupid.

And guess what?

You're the only one who supports such a stupid idea.

Super, Duper Moderator Youk Of The Nation's Avatar

Everyone needs to chill the fuck out.

This is like an argument in a high school cafeteria.

DipreG: 700 wants the Sox to win just like you do. He simply has a way of looking at things that you disagree with. I find his attempts at injecting reality into fandom refreshing.

Jacko: Not everyone can make it to Fenway. DiPreG lives in another country. I live one state away and I can barely go because of the prices

And everyone. Enough with the damned personal attacking. There's no reason to preface a valid criticism with a comment about someone else's drinking habits or whatever.

Calm.

Down.

That is all.
    Quote Originally Posted by YANKEESRULE View Post
    Yea got hand it to the Sox, they just could not go queitly into the night. Well, they are just post-poning the inevitable.
    - From the 2004 ALCS Game 4 Gamethread. A reminder that no game is over until the final out is recorded, and things will always get better. Misspellings unchanged as a reminder that Yankees fans are just terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by DipreG;421820 View Post
    You know what's stupid?

Making Jonathan Papelbon the best paid member on this team.

Now that's stupid.

And guess what?

You're the only one who supports such a stupid idea.
    We'll need Bard for depth.

The truth: spoken by YOTN.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacoby_Ellsbury;421822;
    We'll need Bard for depth.
    No single member of the Red Sox will make or break this team.

That's all i'm sayin' about Papelbon.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacoby_Ellsbury;421796;
    Fucking dipshit, maybe he's from another fucking country and doesn't have the means to get to Fenway?? Or maybe not the will to travel that far?? What a toolish fucking thing to say. LULZ Y D0NT U G0 2 GAEMZ!!!!

I've only been to a Sox game once in my life. I guess that makes me a pretty shitty fan too, despite the fact that tickets are expensive as fuck and I don't really have the desire or means to pay out the ass for that kind of stuff. Fuck all the t-shirts and other gear I have sitting around my fucking house as proof of my fandom.
    I have to agree with J_E here. Sox fandom can't be measured in Fenway attendance.
    I can't afford to go to many games now. But I venture to say I've been to many more games than the Doctor has been to over the last 40 years. Does that make me less of a devoted fan?
    "Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'" RIP Mike.

"It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

Quote Originally Posted by Spudboy;421830;
    I have to agree with J_E here. Sox fandom can't be measured in Fenway attendance.
    I can't afford to go to many games now. But I venture to say I've been to many more games than the Doctor has been to over the last 40 years. Does that make me less of a devoted fan?
    There is much win in this post.

Quote Originally Posted by Spudboy;421830 View Post
    I'm not a tr00 Bucs fan either, since I've never even been to the state of Florida. Poor FAILeriffic me.