Register now to remove this ad

Page 56 of 66 FirstFirst ... 6465455565758 ... LastLast

Thread: BEER!

Talksox hall of famer RedSoxfanforlife305's Avatar
    Go back and read my previous posts please. You'll see that I realize I am drinking shitty beer, admit to not being able to knock beer until I'm 21, and told MVP that his opinion on American beer is more accurate than mine because he has een drinking much longer. What I don't understand, is why the fuck you care what I think? No one else took offense to what I said, they just told me I need to explore my options in a much better way. American beer being good is no fact, it's an opinion. I can say whatever I want from what I drank so far. What if I try out the good American beers and still don't like it? Emmz has drank a lot of beer but she didn't like it about a year or two ago. Does she fit in that category you're placing me in? You know most of the beers I have mentioned taste like ass according to many people. You expect me to say it taste good when it doesn't?
    Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'

PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT : Mind your own fucking business if a conversation doesn't concern you and maybe we can start acting like adults.

Quote Originally Posted by TedWilliams101 View Post
    My problem is exactly his response. He only tried the absolute worst of what this country has to offer and claims that American beer is shit.

I have NO problem with someone if they actually like the taste of Budweiser/whatever. HOWEVER, I know a LOT of people (many of which I've converted to varying degrees into craft drinkers) who either didn't really like macro beer but didn't know anything less or liked Macro but were shocked when I pulled back the curtain and showed them just what is actually available. I have no problem if someone doesn't like stouts, or lambics, or whatever. I just hate when companies (and even the culture) delude people. Beer has a RICH culture and history, it isn't just pale adjunct lagers.
    My opinion was from the beer that I have drank. It doesn't make up for all American beers, but I an speaking based on what I have drank so far. If you don't agree with my opinion, well that really fucking sucks for you then.

PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT : Mind your own fucking business if a conversation doesn't concern you and maybe we can start acting like adults.

Quote Originally Posted by RedSoxfanforlife305 View Post
    My opinion was from the beer that I have drank. It doesn't make up for all American beers, but I an speaking based on what I have drank so far. If you don't agree with my opinion, well that really fucking sucks for you then.
    You aren't getting the problem. Making a statement based on a sample size that is either too small or not varied enough is simply not respectable. You don't think it would be smart to make a statement about the strength of the US Economy if all you looked at was three small businesses. How is it any different to make a statement on the quality of American beer when all you have had is samples from a few breweries (out of the THOUSANDS). Sample size my friend, it really is important....

Anyways, I AGREE with you that the macro stuff (bud, coors, miller, etc) IS junk. It's just that there are TENS of THOUSANDS of other beers in this country that you are completely ignoring...

Holy shit, if he wants to say he doesn't like American beer he has every right to. Even worse, he admitted he was wrong and asked MVP for guidance. You're looking like a massive douchebag by even keeping this conversation alive. Please stop.
    We miss you Mike.

Go back and read my previous posts please. You'll see that I realize I am drinking shitty beer, admit to not being able to knock beer until I'm 21, and told MVP that his opinion on American beer is more accurate than mine because he has een drinking much longer. What I don't understand, is why the fuck you care what I think? No one else took offense to what I said, they just told me I need to explore my options in a much better way. American beer being good is no fact, it's an opinion. I can say whatever I want from what I drank so far. What if I try out the good American beers and still don't like it? Emmz has drank a lot of beer but she didn't like it about a year or two ago. Does she fit in that category you're placing me in? You know most of the beers I have mentioned taste like ass according to many people. You expect me to say it taste good when it doesn't?
    I do see that you mentioned that point and I agree with it. It's just a very sensitive topic too me. It REALLY irritates me to see people STILL perpetrating the BS crap that the US doesn't make quality beer. Yeah, 30 years ago that was the case, but it's different now.

I do apologize if I've pissed you off. I just can't emphasize the point enough that people in general should have the opportunity to learn what beer has to offer rather than being blinded by the massive advertising campaigns of a few companies. That's all. If you like Bud and don't want to pay for craft, great! More good beer for me. I just want people to know that there is more out there. I just want people to have the opportunity to become educated about beer if they so desire. And yes, I don't like misinformation... about any topic.

So again, apologize if I've pissed you off. I'm clearly passionate about beer. I too thought I hated beer in my early college years until I accidentally stumbled across craft beer and it's now been a huge passions and hobby for me (I'm now an all-grain home brewer). It's kind of personal for me in that regard, lots more people are future craft drinks who simply don't know it exists yet.
    Last edited by TedWilliams101; 09-11-2013 at 11:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by User Name? View Post
    Holy shit, if he wants to say he doesn't like American beer he has every right to. Even worse, he admitted he was wrong and asked MVP for guidance. You're looking like a massive douchebag by even keeping this conversation alive. Please stop.
    I realized I was using his statement as more of an over arching argument. I will admit I didn't realize he had admitted to knowing what he was drinking wasn't necessarily a good representation of all US beer. I should have read his subsequent posts more clearly, that's on me. So yeah, take my last few posts with that in mind. My overall message is still the same, though now a little misguided.

I don't think RSFFL is 21 yet, so the only hope he has at trying microbrews before then is if he goes to a liquor store in Oklahoma City and everyone recognizes him as Kevin Durant.
    Quote Originally Posted by Youk Of The Nation View Post
    We're sorry, your search for "Fucks Given By Koji Uehara" did not return any results

Banned
    What makes someone a beer snob? Is it the recognition of different components that you don't see? I only see that in wine snobs. I don't know what the legs of a wine is supposed to taste like, nor has anyone been able to explain it to me. The other terminology seem like substitutions for already existing words. The difference is the terminology makes them seem important. I've seen two wine snobs discuss a particular bottle, and they appear to be having a meaningful conversation, but it sounds like Farsi to me. Beer people, at least the ones I've drank with, point out different ingredients, and don't have a distinct vocabulary.

Quote Originally Posted by rjortiz View Post
    What makes someone a beer snob? Is it the recognition of different components that you don't see? I only see that in wine snobs. I don't know what the legs of a wine is supposed to taste like, nor has anyone been able to explain it to me. The other terminology seem like substitutions for already existing words. The difference is the terminology makes them seem important. I've seen two wine snobs discuss a particular bottle, and they appear to be having a meaningful conversation, but it sounds like Farsi to me. Beer people, at least the ones I've drank with, point out different ingredients, and don't have a distinct vocabulary.
    Some are just crazy about it, they rate by smell, taste, appearance, etc.

I don't think there's a problem with having an opinion on beer, and whether it's good or bad. I understand some people just don't like anything but light beer or lagers like Keystone or Mich Golden, but a Keystone ain't better than a Summit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Youk Of The Nation View Post
    We're sorry, your search for "Fucks Given By Koji Uehara" did not return any results

What the fuck happened here?

I prefer beer that costs a little more. If my wife's uncle comes over for a bbq and offers me a Bud Light, I don't turn it down because it'd make me a tool. People have different tastes. Big deal. Why get worked up over it?
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    ( I won't say the "C word.")

Quote Originally Posted by TedWilliams101 View Post
    I'm totally going to get flamed for saying this, but here it goes anyway. FUCK BEER.
    I'll just leave this here for you buddy... smh (as the kids say these days)
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    ( I won't say the "C word.")

^Should be RSFFL's new sig.
    We miss you Mike.

Lol MVP's reaction or the hypocrite? Wow he calls me out on dissing American beer, but he says "Fuck beer". All of a sudden he likes it and can complain about other people's taste. What a moron. Ted, don't say another thing to me you fucktard.

Pizza snobs. Pizza is like sex. Even when it's bad, it's still pretty good.
    Little Caesar's, Cici's, and this one greek shithole down in Cape Cod disagree.

I used to like Pizza Hut but either they changed their recipe as soon as I moved down here, or the one by my place just sucks at life. I ordered a couple shortly after I moved in and I nearly gagged.

Little ceasars comes clutch when I have 5 bucks and want to stuff my face. Cici's pizza isn't quality, because it's a buffet. All you can eat. I don't mind eating either of them, but they definitely wouldn't be first on my list. Can't say anything about Cape Cod though.