Register now to remove this ad

Page 57 of 66 FirstFirst ... 7475556575859 ... LastLast

Thread: BEER!

Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    I'll just leave this here for you buddy... smh (as the kids say these days)
    Proof that we can be converted! Yeah, as I mentioned before, I used to not like beer and hated the college culture of getting trashed off cheap beer.

I have to admit though, that's comic gold. By all means put that in your sig, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by RedSoxfanforlife305 View Post
    Lol MVP's reaction or the hypocrite? Wow he calls me out on dissing American beer, but he says "Fuck beer". All of a sudden he likes it and can complain about other people's taste. What a moron. Ted, don't say another thing to me you fucktard.
    I was in your exact position. My statement from four years ago was out of ignorance. I, like all of my friends, had no idea there was more beyond the cheap stuff (and I was over 21 at the time). I don't want other people to make the same mistake. I already apologized to you for getting 'heated' and I'll apologize again, I was misdirected. I don't care about preference, I only care that people have access to the right information. I have plenty of friends that hate anything but light lagers and I don't have a problem with that. I only have a problem with people making claims out of ignorance. Yes, I've made that mistake way too many times myself...

(and what the hell does smh mean? lol)
    Last edited by TedWilliams101; 09-12-2013 at 04:23 PM.

That's fine, there's no reason to be a dink about it though.
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    ( I won't say the "C word.")

Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    That's fine, there's no reason to be a dink about it though.
    Yeah, I went a little overboard, and I apologize. I just want to see beer as respected as wine, I want the beer culture back to what it was pre-prohibition. The Image of beer is still college frat parties far more often than it is of a local brewpub. I'd like to see that change. I also just am not a big fan of the 'get drunk' BS of College. Nothing wrong with alcohol, but I still don't understand wanting to purposely get shitfaced (and I HATE when macho BS is brought into beer. Even worse, music. There's nothing 'feminine' or gay about classical music or any other genre for that matter. cut that shit out).

Due to the last few pages of this thread I am going to drink a Steel Reserve tonight. Screw pretentiousness

Quote Originally Posted by BigPapiEnFuego View Post
    Due to the last few pages of this thread I am going to drink a Steel Reserve tonight. Screw pretentiousness
    Fuck that. I'm going to drink some PBR unironically and with a smug look on my face.
    We miss you Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by User Name? View Post
    Fuck that. I'm going to drink some PBR unironically and with a smug look on my face.
    I had PBR last night. :/ Unironically of course

Quote Originally Posted by User Name? View Post
    lol. I'm not a beer snob, really, I'm not... Someone, please believe me... please... lol. This is got to be the number one thing I need to work on. I really really don't ever want to come across as pretentious or a snob, the last thing I want is to turn someone away because I end up acting like a fool. I'm just sometimes misguided...

I had PBR last night. :/ Unironically of course
    You know what i really like? Rolling Rock (not even ashamed to admit it). I had a lot of microbrews when i lived in Michigan, but nothing could replace a good ol' Rolling Rock for those smoldering MI summers.
    We miss you Mike.

I spent some time in Ireland and Belgium recently, and I'll tell you what... their beers aren't worlds beyond our microbrews. They are better, but we are definitely starting to catch up.

Quote Originally Posted by Palodios View Post
    I spent some time in Ireland and Belgium recently, and I'll tell you what... their beers aren't worlds beyond our microbrews. They are better, but we are definitely starting to catch up.
    Highlights of the Belgian trip? The #1 beercation I'd love to take is through Belgium focusing on local saisons and lambik. They are styles that are nearly impossible to replicate given the terra and their tradion. I wouldn't mind a trip to Westvleteren though... lol

Talksox hall of famer RedSoxfanforlife305's Avatar
    After that 4 pack you drink, please get on talksox.
    Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'

PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT : Mind your own fucking business if a conversation doesn't concern you and maybe we can start acting like adults.

Quote Originally Posted by TedWilliams101 View Post
    Highlights of the Belgian trip? The #1 beercation I'd love to take is through Belgium focusing on local saisons and lambik. They are styles that are nearly impossible to replicate given the terra and their tradion. I wouldn't mind a trip to Westvleteren though... lol
    We tried to get some Westvleteren but they weren't brewing when we went. There were some cases for about 10 Euro per bottle, and we just kind of said screw it. At one point we went to the grocery store and snagged a dozen different single bottles, and had a beer tasting. Every single one was exceptional.

Quote Originally Posted by Palodios View Post
    We tried to get some Westvleteren but they weren't brewing when we went. There were some cases for about 10 Euro per bottle, and we just kind of said screw it. At one point we went to the grocery store and snagged a dozen different single bottles, and had a beer tasting. Every single one was exceptional.
    Yeah, those crates are a pain to get back too, especially if you want to save the wooden crate (come on, it's bad ass!). I've had the pleasure of some Westy before (fresh 12, 5 year old westy 8 that was sublime) but everyone I've talked to say it's absolutely hands down best at the brewery, plus the experience just can't be beat.

You're not doing it right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Youk Of The Nation View Post
    We're sorry, your search for "Fucks Given By Koji Uehara" did not return any results