Register now to remove this ad

Page 3 of 55 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: 7/9 v. Mark Teahen

Re: 7/9 v. Kansas City

Yeah- you're the minority though Kilo. The voice of reason as usual...
    Everybody wants a piece of me. Nobody can stomach the whole thing

Quote Originally Posted by Paradisecity;430967;
    Wait so if a new poster accidentally broke the "game thread code" and then the sox won, wouldn't you superstitious people out there think that another person breaking said code would be a good thing?
    Nope, that would be a hiccup. Two newbies in a row starting a game thread, unheard of.

I don't bitch about much of anything out here. Constant negativity/criticism of players etc, drives me nuts, but I can overlook that 99% of the time. GT is my pet peeve. I guess you could say "I have issues"....whatevah....don't fk with the GT.

Not trying to be a bitchy old chick or anything.....but ya know.

I understand you aren't a big superstitious or chemistry guy 'dise, to each his/her own. All's good.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by VA Sox Fan;430984;
    Nope, that would be a hiccup. Two newbies in a row starting a game thread, unheard of.

I don't bitch about much of anything out here. Constant negativity/criticism of players etc, drives me nuts, but I can overlook that 99% of the time. GT is my pet peeve. I guess you could say "I have issues"....whatevah....don't fk with the GT.

Not trying to be a bitchy old chick or anything.....but ya know.

I understand you aren't a big superstitious or chemistry guy 'dise, to each his/her own. All's good.
    You have issues.

so is it good or bad mojo to do 50 Hail Mary's before each game?
    "It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan

Legend

I dont really care about the whole "bad mojo" thing but I just wish n00bs would take the time to get to know how things work around here. When I first started here, I felt like I was overstepping my bounds as a new poster if I started a GT

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by The_Destroyah;430991;
    so is it good or bad mojo to do 50 Hail Mary's before each game?
    Try it out and see what happens. In theory, mojo is an outcomes based scientific principle.

Quote Originally Posted by Dutchy;430987;
    You have issues.

:lol:

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by BoSox21;430995;
    I dont really care about the whole "bad mojo" thing but I just wish n00bs would take the time to get to know how things work around here. When I first started here, I felt like I was overstepping my bounds as a new poster if I started a GT
    :dunno:

I figured if it was really that big of a deal, then the forum would be locked and only certain posters would be able to start threads in it. When it comes down to it, does it really matter all that much who starts the game thread?

Quote Originally Posted by BoSox21;430995;
    thats how i feel about it, Im still a little green here so I leave that for the more senior members who know how a GT is supposed to be done ha.
    "It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan

Quote Originally Posted by Paradisecity;430982;
    Yeah- you're the minority though Kilo. The voice of reason as usual...
    Seriously? hmmmm....:blink:

Deity

Quote Originally Posted by VA Sox Fan;431000;
    Seriously? hmmmm....:blink:
    He's totally 100% correct

Quote Originally Posted by Dutchy;430987;
    You have issues.
    No, she does not. This whole issue is unnecessary. A couple of new members mistakenly started GTs. It's not the end of the world by any means.

But there are some traditions at Talksox that should survive. I'm not very superstitious. Having said that, the "unwritten rules" regarding the GT start are at least one of the endearing qualities of Talksox. The system has worked and no one seems to have had a problem with it to date (as far as I know).

Anyone who wants to start the GT just has to wait. And of course, be a contributing member of the board.
    "Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'" RIP Mike.

"It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

hey Spud, would you mind writing down those "unwritten rules" for me?

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Dutchy;430998;
    When it comes down to it, does it really matter all that much who starts the game thread?
    no, but I get a kick out of seeing MANNYHOF all excited cause he got to start 13 GTs in a row. its just something that we do and its part of what makes this board what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by TheKilo;431001;
    He's totally 100% correct
    Yeah...right....:lol: