Register now to remove this ad

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Vick

Legend

Re: Vick

I think vick should be able to play in the NFL because he paid his dues.
    RIP Bob Feller

Quote Originally Posted by Gom;438902;
    Fuck Vick. By the way, don't they still play that World Football League over in Europe? That's what I meant.
    I believe that NFL Europe is gone.
    "Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'" RIP Mike.

"It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

I agree with GOM , FUCK VICK

Quote Originally Posted by Spudboy;438908;
    I believe that NFL Europe is gone.
    I think you are right.

The UFL's first season is almost here.

i dont watch football for ppls personalities, he can be an awful person but if he can play let him play as long as he keeps his mouth shut and his hands clean then let him play id rather a quiet Vick play than TO or "Ocho-Cinco" who cant shut thier mouths and just play.
    im for Vick playing as long as i never see him unless he is in pads...
    "It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan

Quote Originally Posted by redsoxrules;438909;
    I agree with GOM , FUCK VICK
    Is this this first time in Talksox history that several people have agreed with Gom?

Seriously, we are talking about humanity. Not sports. Good luck with the slurpies Vick.

"It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

CEO of the Casas Fan Club Dipre's Avatar

Anyone who thinks Vick should be reinstated needs to look around for dogs in their community and wonder if they deserve to be used as pieces of meat to earn a quick buck.

Someone who uses a creature as loyal and loving as a dog as a piece of meat to throw to their deaths against another animal has no soul and should rot in hell.

Let him work the counter as Starbucks.
    WAR is good for something.

Quote Originally Posted by Dipre;438914;
    Anyone who thinks Vick should be reinstated needs to look around for dogs in their community and wonder if they deserve to be used as pieces of meat to earn a quick buck.

Someone who uses a creature as loyal and loving as a dog as a piece of meat to throw to their deaths against another animal has no soul and should rot in hell.

I meant to say that. Thanks for saying what needed to be said.

I love dogs i have 3 of em but i think he's served his time and deserves to be reinstated and apparently so does Roger Goodell.
    "It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan

Quote Originally Posted by YanksHater213;438849;
    He didn't break the rules of football.

Playing in the NFL isn't a "privilege". It's something only super talented athletes can do, it's something you are born with and work hard to attain. It's not something you "earn", you have to work hard and have special abilities that can't be taught.

Vick fucked up pretty bad. It had nothing to do with football. He didn't take steroids or test positive for weed, why should he be suspended?

He killed dogs, he went to jail, he did his time, now he's out, if a team wants to take this guy aboard, why shouldn't they be able to? More power to them.
    I agree. He did his time, and now it's time to let him move on. He should be able to play.

I do really get annoyed with all these sportswriters whining about playing sports being a "privledge", etc.....it's a job! Those guys are specially talented and work hard, and that is their job. Sitting around eating doughnuts and talking about sports, and getting paid for it, could be considered a privledge just as easily!

Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Gom;438871;
    Fuck Vick. I hope he gets both legs broken in his first game.

That being said, I saw ban him from football. Same thing with PacMan Jones.

Playing in the NFL is not a God-given right. It's a privilege. Joe Jackson and Pete Rose were banned from the game. The crimes they committed weren't crimes against the people, but crimes in the eyes of the sport.

He committed a crime in this country, and he paid for it. His debt to society is paid. No one is telling him not to play football...just don't play it in the NFL. Go to play in Europe or somewhere else. Let these players know if they do shit like this, they're gone. Fuck Vick, and everyone who supports this douchebag.
    Vick's crimes weren't crimes against people, either.

If Leonard Little can continue to play in the NFL, Vick can give it another shot.

Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Dipre;438914;

Regardless of that fact, they are still only animals. Leonard Little killed a human being and was able to play again.

Quote Originally Posted by TheKilo;438939;
    Regardless of that fact, they are still only animals. Leonard Little killed a human being and was able to play again.
    I don't know who Little is. If he committed homicide then he should be in jail and not playing NFL football.

That said, an amoral person is an amoral person. Crimes against humanity extend beyond killing a human being.

No one is opposed to Vick having a life like ours. We all make mistakes. He fucked-up and did things that are beyond simple misdemeanor activity. He showed no regard for life. He SHOULD have known this as a being that is evolutionary higher. He chose to repeatedly torture and kill another creature. His actions are reprehensible and should not be condoned by perpetuating his celebrity in the NFL.

CEO of the Casas Fan Club Dipre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheKilo;438939;
    That's fucking heartless, you know.

Fuck this shit, sometimes examples need to be set, and Vick is the perfect subject to set a precedent against.

And just because they're "just animals" doesn't mean they should be treated with such cruelty.
    WAR is good for something.

Quote Originally Posted by Dipre;438963;
    That's fucking heartless, you know.

Fuck this shit, sometimes examples need to be set, and Vick is the perfect subject to set a precedent against.

And just because they're "just animals" doesn't mean they should be treated with such cruelty.
    Exactly. Vick is a human being blessed with a human brain. He has the ability to differentiate between right and wrong. He chose wrong. I'm not suggesting that he should be deprived of his inalienable wrights. God forbid. I'm saying that he does not have the wright to BE RICH as a product of his amoral decisions and actions. He can make a living just as well as you or I working as a common man.