Register now to remove this ad

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Vick

Vick

It's going to be a big storyline this summer. So I figured I'd bring it up.

Where does everyone stand on Vick?

Me personally? The dog lover in me finds what he did absolutely horrendous. And could never imagine every doing such a thing to a dog. Listen I'm all for the sometimes needed smack on the nose while training or when the dog is wrong, but there is a line. O can't fathom how he could sleep at night. But I'm not him, and he's not me.

That said he has done his time. Did the sentence he was committed to. Went to fucking Leavenworth which is no fucking joke. He didn't end up copping out and getting a kush sentence or anything like that. He did hard time. And I believe he served most to all of his sentence too. He has paid his debt I believe. Whether it was enough is not up to me. He served what he was told he had to serve.

I believe he should get a chance to play again in the NFL. Playing in the NFL is a privilege. So it may not be as easy as that. I think Goodell has the right to say he can't play this season if he feels it necessary. But I think he should eventually be able to have a chance to play again.

What say all of you?

Re: Vick

http://www.weei.com/sports/boston/th...ded-four-games

I thought he was going to get 8 games.

Vick should be able to play on Week 1.
    Quote Originally Posted by ORS
    I know they will. At some point in your life, you'll grow up and quit pulling stupid shit like this. Then, the world will be a better place. Unfortunately, somebody else will turn 12 and start doing the same thing. It's a vicious cycle.

Quote Originally Posted by CrespoBlows;438845;
    Vick should be able to play on Week 1.
    agreed he has done his time, and half of the NFL have comitted crimes just as bad if not worse and been reinstated so Vick deserves his chance too.
    Pac Man Jones chokes/slaps a bitch and gets his chance so why not Vick?
    "It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan

He didn't break the rules of football.

Playing in the NFL isn't a "privilege". It's something only super talented athletes can do, it's something you are born with and work hard to attain. It's not something you "earn", you have to work hard and have special abilities that can't be taught.

Vick fucked up pretty bad. It had nothing to do with football. He didn't take steroids or test positive for weed, why should he be suspended?

He killed dogs, he went to jail, he did his time, now he's out, if a team wants to take this guy aboard, why shouldn't they be able to? More power to them.

ESPN NFL- Roger Goodell expected to announce reinstatement of Michael Vick after 3-hour Meeting on Wed.
    "It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan

Banned

Fuck Vick. I hope he gets both legs broken in his first game.

That being said, I saw ban him from football. Same thing with PacMan Jones.

Playing in the NFL is not a God-given right. It's a privilege. Joe Jackson and Pete Rose were banned from the game. The crimes they committed weren't crimes against the people, but crimes in the eyes of the sport.

He committed a crime in this country, and he paid for it. His debt to society is paid. No one is telling him not to play football...just don't play it in the NFL. Go to play in Europe or somewhere else. Let these players know if they do shit like this, they're gone. Fuck Vick, and everyone who supports this douchebag.
    "Every year, the infielders move a step back because you have lost some speed, and the outfielders move in a step because you have lost some of your power. When they can shake hands, you're finished."

I'm torn. On the one hand, Vick is an asshole and doesn't really deserve a second chance. On the other, what he did had nothing to do with football and he has served his time. Also have to keep in mind that he was the most exciting player in the game for awhile. If it were up to me, I'd probably reinstate him. That said, I wouldn't wish him well. If he happened to have a Joe Theisman moment on the field, I don't think anyone would feel sorry for him.
    And who are you, the proud lord said, that I must bow so low?
    Only a cat of a different coat, that's all the truth I know. In a coat of gold or a coat of red, a lion still has claws, And mine are long and sharp, my lord, as long and sharp as yours.

I hate the guy but he's paid his debt. I don't have a problem with a suspension to begin the season.

Quote Originally Posted by Gom;438871;
    Fuck Vick. I hope he gets both legs broken in his first game.

That being said, I saw ban him from football. Same thing with PacMan Jones.

Playing in the NFL is not a God-given right. It's a privilege. Joe Jackson and Pete Rose were banned from the game. The crimes they committed weren't crimes against the people, but crimes in the eyes of the sport.

He committed a crime in this country, and he paid for it. His debt to society is paid. No one is telling him not to play football...just don't play it in the NFL. Go to play in Europe or somewhere else. Let these players know if they do shit like this, they're gone. Fuck Vick, and everyone who supports this douchebag.
    Europe?

I agree with Gom. Let Vick work at a convenience store or a fast food outlet. He did his time. So what? He is a defective humanoid and should not be celebrated on national television.

That said, Jerry Jones, Al Davis, or some other scumbag-rich-boy will scoop him up. Good luck to them. Vick is a very good athlete but a dummy and sociopath. He sucks as a QB.
    Greed is good. That is the bottom line.
    "Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'" RIP Mike.

"It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

Quote Originally Posted by Keeper;438882;
    I'm torn. On the one hand, Vick is an asshole and doesn't really deserve a second chance. On the other, what he did had nothing to do with football and he has served his time. Also have to keep in mind that he was the most exciting player in the game for awhile. If it were up to me, I'd probably reinstate him. That said, I wouldn't wish him well. If he happened to have a Joe Theisman moment on the field, I don't think anyone would feel sorry for him.
    Oooooh! Joe Theisaman. Ouch!

As reprehensible as Vick's actions have been, I would not enjoy seeing that again.
    Even though it may seem just.

"It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

Quote Originally Posted by Spudboy;438890;

Vick is a very good athlete but a dummy and sociopath. He sucks as a QB.
    So damn true. I think a lot of people forget how poorly he played the position before he got in trouble. People are blinded by his flashy style and hype.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiskeyBreath;438895;
    So damn true. I think a lot of people forget how poorly he played the position before he got in trouble. People are blinded by his flashy style and hype.
    True. As a fan, you have to want to see him play. You know that anything could happen given his athleticism. But he was not a good NFL QB.

I don't see him achieving anything except more airtime.

Banned

Fuck Vick. By the way, don't they still play that World Football League over in Europe? That's what I meant.
    "Every year, the infielders move a step back because you have lost some speed, and the outfielders move in a step because you have lost some of your power. When they can shake hands, you're finished."