Register now to remove this ad

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 96

Thread: What are you watching?

  1. #16

    Re: What are you watching?

    Quote Originally Posted by schillingouttheks;458371;
    Yeah. I love Man vs. Wild. Although I was a bit disappointed when I learned that a big portion of it was fake in that he did have a place to stay for the night and shit. He's still a badass though. He eats some of the most disgusting shit ever.
    Yeah I was disappointed in finding that out myself but as you say he does eat some disgusting stuff. The one that sticks out in my mind was from his series 'Born Survivor'; he eats meat straight from a carcass that Lions have left behind and ends up with diarrhea. A little hiking later and he has to relieve himself half way up a waterfall he's climbing
    ScousePatriot
    PFWinProgress Fantasy Football League Runner Up 2008

  2. #17

    Re: What are you watching?

    Maybe it's because I'm a gurl, but I don't like Bear (as a tv personality, not the show so much)...he rubs me the wrong way. But I understand why a lot of guys (and some girls) do like him. I like the wilderness survival shows that are a bit less over the top.

    I love crime/forensic shows...whether on trutv or fiction. Even if the science/tech in the fictional ones makes me chuckle.
    The Internet has become nothing more than the new cocaine, and I snort it willingly.

  3. #18

    Re: What are you watching?

    Quote Originally Posted by ms_sox;458423;
    Maybe it's because I'm a gurl, but I don't like Bear (as a tv personality, not the show so much)...he rubs me the wrong way. But I understand why a lot of guys (and some girls) do like him. I like the wilderness survival shows that are a bit less over the top.

    I love crime/forensic shows...whether on trutv or fiction. Even if the science/tech in the fictional ones makes me chuckle.
    I like Criminal Minds alot I think its a very good show with a pretty "original" theme in the crime shows and I love psychology.
    "It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan

  4. #19

    Re: What are you watching?

    Quote Originally Posted by ms_sox;458423;
    Maybe it's because I'm a gurl, but I don't like Bear (as a tv personality, not the show so much)...he rubs me the wrong way. But I understand why a lot of guys (and some girls) do like him. I like the wilderness survival shows that are a bit less over the top.

    I love crime/forensic shows...whether on trutv or fiction. Even if the science/tech in the fictional ones makes me chuckle.
    So can I take it you're a bit of a CSI fan? Thats probably my favourite of the crime/forensic genre. Vegas used to be my fave CSI but it's Miami by far now.

    Without a Trace and NYPD Blue are pretty good too although I haven't seen them in ages, anybody seen them lately?
    ScousePatriot
    PFWinProgress Fantasy Football League Runner Up 2008

  5. #20

    Re: What are you watching?

    So can I take it you're a bit of a CSI fan?
    *looks at all her CSI season-DVD boxes* ...you could say that.
    Vegas was my fave too, until recently. Not the same for me w/out Grissom and Warrick. NY is ok, but not quite as compelling. I stopped watching Miami after the 3r or 4th season. That was all I could take of Mr. Tilted Red-Head. heh

    Also liked Law & Order, both original and the spin offs. Mentalist is amusing. Had hopes for Lie to Me but so far it's "meh."
    The Internet has become nothing more than the new cocaine, and I snort it willingly.

  6. #21

    Re: What are you watching?

    Watching The Bone Collector, with Denzel Washington, and Angelina Jolie, pretty good movie, based on a book by Johnathan Kellerman I believe.
    "It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan

  7. #22

    Re: What are you watching?

    Quote Originally Posted by ms_sox;459003;
    *looks at all her CSI season-DVD boxes* ...you could say that.
    Vegas was my fave too, until recently. Not the same for me w/out Grissom and Warrick. NY is ok, but not quite as compelling. I stopped watching Miami after the 3r or 4th season. That was all I could take of Mr. Tilted Red-Head. heh

    Also liked Law & Order, both original and the spin offs. Mentalist is amusing. Had hopes for Lie to Me but so far it's "meh."

    I was studying forensic science so naturally I bought quite a few CSI season sets. I could never get into the NY one though, I think it might of been because of the characters but I'm not sure :dunno:

    Never watched Law and Order but an English version started over here a little while back, didn't fancy it to be honest.

    Watching The Bone Collector, with Denzel Washington, and Angelina Jolie, pretty good movie, based on a book by Johnathan Kellerman I believe.
    That's one movie I've always meant to watch but never gotten around too, Denzel is a brilliant actor.
    ScousePatriot
    PFWinProgress Fantasy Football League Runner Up 2008

  8. #23

    Re: What are you watching?

    I was watching Tremors on one of the free Encore stations the other day. One of my fave films. Hilarious.

    Hated the sequels, tho the first sequel better than the 3rd.
    The Internet has become nothing more than the new cocaine, and I snort it willingly.

  9. #24

    Re: What are you watching?

    I'm not watching this now, but has anyone seen Twin Peaks?

  10. #25

    Re: What are you watching?

    I've heard good things, but David Lynch doesn't do it for me.
    And who are you, the proud lord said, that I must bow so low?
    Only a cat of a different coat, that's all the truth I know. In a coat of gold or a coat of red, a lion still has claws, And mine are long and sharp, my lord, as long and sharp as yours.

  11. #26

    Re: What are you watching?

    Twin Peaks was fun for about 5-6 episodes but then became boring. That's just me tho...many people liked it through most of its run.
    The Internet has become nothing more than the new cocaine, and I snort it willingly.

  12. #27

    Re: What are you watching?

    Quote Originally Posted by ms_sox;461784;
    Twin Peaks was fun for about 5-6 episodes but then became boring. That's just me tho...many people liked it through most of its run.
    I agree.
    "Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'" RIP Mike.


    "It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

  13. #28

    Re: What are you watching?

    Dead Like Me is the greatest example of a show that should have lasted longer. I fucking love that show.

    That and Firefly were canceled far before their times.


  14. #29

    Re: What are you watching?

    Quote Originally Posted by Youk Of The Nation;462021;
    Dead Like Me is the greatest example of a show that should have lasted longer. I fucking love that show.

    That and Firefly were canceled far before their times.
    I knew there was a reason I liked you.

  15. #30

    Re: What are you watching?

    It wasn't my disarmingly loveable charm, rugged good looks, rapier wit, recent discovery of cold fusion, or my brokering of peace between Israel and Palestine?


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •