Register now to remove this ad

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you watching?

What are you watching?

I wanted to start a thread about what people are watching on TV unrelated to sports, it helps me know what everyone enjoys and see if there are any sitcoms, documentaries, specials, cooking shows etc. etc. are on that I might enjoy.

Currently I am watching a Vh1 special on Woodstock, it looked interesting and the whole time period from 1959-1976 really interest me, I've always had some fondness for the "Age of Aquarius" even though I dont agree with all there ideas.

Sorry if there is a similar thread to this but I looked and couldnt find one
    "It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan

Re: What are you watching?

Right now I'm watching Conan O'Brien.

Quote Originally Posted by Coco's Disciples;458127;
    Right now I'm watching Conan O'Brien.
    hadnt caught much of him since he took over for Jay Leno but I used to love him on his Late Show.
    "It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan

Just popped in The Big Lebowski.

infomercials

Quote Originally Posted by WhiskeyBreath;458223;
    Just popped in The Big Lebowski.
    :thumbsup: good movie, hadnt watched it in forever though, I got it on iTunes I think I might go ahead and watch it tonight too, thinks for the idea.

Band of Brothers; I've watched it so many times and it never gets boring, probably the best TV Series ever produced in my opinion.

After this I'll be watching a couple of episodes of Supernatural that I got of iTunes in HD, another great TV series.
    ScousePatriot
    PFWinProgress Fantasy Football League Runner Up 2008

Quote Originally Posted by ScousePatriot;458255;
    Band of Brothers; I've watched it so many times and it never gets boring, probably the best TV Series ever produced in my opinion.

After this I'll be watching a couple of episodes of Supernatural that I got of iTunes in HD, another great TV series.
    Im actually reading Band Of Brothers by Sephen E. Ambrose the book that the series is based on because I loved the series so much I suggest that if you have any time, to read the book.

Jeter Jeter peter eater RedSoxRooter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The_Destroyah;458229;
    :thumbsup: good movie, hadnt watched it in forever though, I got it on iTunes I think I might go ahead and watch it tonight too, thinks for the idea.
    lol, I watched that last weekend and have been drinking white russians all week! I'm actually drinking one right now and about to continue my John Hughs memorial with The Breakfast Club in about 5 mins.

I haven't seen any of the old Hughs 80s movies in like 20 years. 16 Candles was way funnier than I remembered it being. I think tomorrow will be Ferris day.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Destroyah;458297;
    Im actually reading Band Of Brothers by Sephen E. Ambrose the book that the series is based on because I loved the series so much I suggest that if you have any time, to read the book.
    I've read it mate, one of the few books I've actually managed to get all the way through.

There are a couple of other books related to the series that I wouldn't mind getting my hands on though.
    ScousePatriot

Im currently watchin Lock N' Load with Gunnery Seargent R. Lee Ermey, I love this show next he is doing his episode on Pistols and I just got finished watching the one on Machineguns, makes me want a Minigun, and I already wanted a Ma Deuce.

All-Star

Husband is the one who watches most of the TV, especially in summer, usually the Science Channel.

My own tv watching is very sporadic, beyond a few regular network shows in fall, but I tend to watch Survivorman or other similar themed shows when they're on/during meals. Oh, also Forensic Files on trutv or whatever that's called.
    The Internet has become nothing more than the new cocaine, and I snort it willingly.

Super Moderator

truTV is AMAZING. I watch that channel so much. Between all the cop car chase videos and that show "Operation Repo" which I love, there's so much entertaining stuff to be seen. It really is pretty cool. I like that show Speeders too ... some of the people are hilarious.

Any of you guys/girls ever seen Bear Grylls? He has a couple of his own survival TV series. Really good fun to watch, seeing him eat all manner of things.
    ScousePatriot

Super Moderator

Yeah. I love Man vs. Wild. Although I was a bit disappointed when I learned that a big portion of it was fake in that he did have a place to stay for the night and shit. He's still a badass though. He eats some of the most disgusting shit ever.