Register now to remove this ad

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Senator Schilling?

All-Star

Senator Schilling?

Curt is thinking about running for the open senate seat.
    Is he qualified?

Re: Senator Schilling?

Quote Originally Posted by rhet;468875;
    Is he qualified?
    No.
    "Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'" RIP Mike.

"It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

Is anyone really

If a drunk Ted can do it, Curt could probably do it. Might be entertaining for everyone outside of Mass.

Quote Originally Posted by rhet;468875;
    Is he qualified?
    ... and Obama wasn't qualified to be President.

At least Schilling would probably be honest, because he has diarrhea of the mouth.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

All-Star

What are the qualifications for filling that seat?

- Voting for every tax increase in 47 years?
    - Outspending the budget?
    - Opening the borders to illegals?
    - Voting against the military?
    - Driving your first wife to drink?
    - Borking judges?
    - Doing a waitress sandwich?
    - Getting kicked out of school for cheating?
    - Killing a girl and beating a manslaughter charge?

Yeah, I guess Schill would have a tough time trying to get qualified...

This is my rifle....

Don't forget about publically pushing green power while opposing "unsightly" wind farms in reality.

I don't think he is qualified, but he would be an outsider to the political arena. That alone would probably keep him from taking the seat.

I like the idea. He is straight-forward, an outsider, and I believe he doesn't support the massive wave of government spending. I don't know what his politics on the war on Afghanistan are.

He is at least a better option than the disgusting shows of nepotism with the suggestions of Victoria and Caroline Kennedy.
    Quote Originally Posted by ORS
    I know they will. At some point in your life, you'll grow up and quit pulling stupid shit like this. Then, the world will be a better place. Unfortunately, somebody else will turn 12 and start doing the same thing. It's a vicious cycle.

This is my rifle....

He's about as qualified to hold a Senate seat as Al Fraken is. In other words, not qualified at all.

I like the idea of outisders seeking office, but I want that outsider to have some experience and credentials that go beyond the entertainment industry. For example, my best friend in high school served in the military, double majored in English and Political Science, got his masters in Political Science, is an active member of society participating in various charity groups, taught literacy to prison inmates pro bono, completed a law degree, and teaches constitutional law. I prefer his resume, as an outsider, over a guy who pitched in major league baseball for 20 years or who wrote script for Saturday Night Live.

He's only lived here like 5 years. Come on. Go away Schilling, you had a few good seasons here, move on with your life and stop always finding ways to get attention.

All-Star

The only qualification necessary for congress is the ability to get enough votes to get elected. A basic understanding of economics, law and foreign policy is nice, but not required.

Quote Originally Posted by CrespoBlows;468898;
    I like the idea. He is straight-forward, an outsider, and I believe he doesn't support the massive wave of government spending. I don't know what his politics on the war on Afghanistan are.
    Foreign policy should be in the domain of the Executive Branch. I think it has been detrimental to our foreign policy that every idiot Congressman and Senator chimes in on these matters with little understanding of the issues. If he has zero knowledge of the issues in Afghanistan, that would put him on par with 90% or more of the Congress and Senate.

Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

"Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

Enough celebrities in politics already...including our President.
    When we are born, we cry, that we are come
    To this great stage of fools.

Quote Originally Posted by ORS;468901;
    He's about as qualified to hold a Senate seat as Al Fraken is. In other words, not qualified at all.

I like the idea of outisders seeking office, but I want that outsider to have some experience and credentials that go beyond the entertainment industry. For example, my best friend in high school served in the military, double majored in English and Political Science, got his masters in Political Science, is an active member of society participating in various charity groups, taught literacy to prison inmates pro bono, completed a law degree, and teaches constitutional law. I prefer his resume, as an outsider, over a guy who pitched in major league baseball for 20 years or who wrote script for Saturday Night Live.
    Unfortunately, name recognition and branding is a spring board for politics. For a Non-celebrity career politician to rise to National Office they almost always have been corrupted along their path, and once corrupted, election to national Offfice does not cleanse them of their transgressions and they will continue to be corrupt.

Quote Originally Posted by Optimist;468914;
    Enough celebrities in politics already...including our President.
    Our President became a celebrity by running for President. Unfortunately, he is a hack politicician that has been corrupted by Chicago politics and he is beholden to those special interests.

Quote Originally Posted by BigPapiEnFuego;468904;
    He's only lived here like 5 years. Come on. Go away Schilling, you had a few good seasons here, move on with your life and stop always finding ways to get attention.
    Shame on you! No Red Sox fan should ever speak ill of Schill. He brought the goods and two championships that I never thought I would live to see. Stop blaspheming the man and pay him the reverence he earned. Massachusetts politicians are the scum that scum scrapes off its shoes. The State should welcome a guy like Schilling, no matter what his political philosophy.