Register now to remove this ad

Page 1 of 31 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Twins vs. Tigers

Twins vs. Tigers

Who is everyone rooting for in the Twins vs. Tigers playoff?

All-Star

Re: Twins vs. Tigers

Tigers

Tigers, but I can't imagine either team taking the LDS back to New York.

Tigers, if only they have an actual shutdown ace in Verlander.

I'd prefer the Yankees play the Twins. Besides the fact that I think the Tigers are the better team, if the Tigers were to win it wouldn't jumble their rotation (besides Verlander, which I'm not so sure is a positive). The Twins, on the other hand, would be forced to either pitch Nick Blackburn in game one on short rest for the second straight start, or they would have to go with Brian Deunsing or Jeff Manship. Either way that would give the Yankees an enormous advantage right off the bat.

Definitely the Twins. It's not worth much (as Detroit showed us in 2006), but they haven't won a game against New York all season and the team just seems to historically have Minnesota's number.

And I really want them to face Carl Pavano in the playoffs.:lol:
    When we are born, we cry, that we are come
    To this great stage of fools.

Quote Originally Posted by Optimist;484898;
    Definitely the Twins. It's not worth much (as Detroit showed us in 2006), but they haven't won a game against New York all season and the team just seems to historically have Minnesota's number.

And I really want them to face Carl Pavano in the playoffs.:lol:
    Well, I don't really care about the historical aspect. The Yankees used to have the Red Sox number...

Also, in terms of momentum, it doesn't concern me at all. Momentum, or lack thereof, going into the postseason has been proven meaningless numerous times.

Tigers.

All-Star

Tigers.
    "How do you catch a knuckleball? Wait until it stops rolling, then go to the backstop and pick it up."

Hard to root for any team that blew the dogs that Detroit blew in September but Id stick a knife in my leg before I rooted for any team owned by Carl Pohlad unless they were playing NY

Regardless of who wins today, I hope it's a nice 20 inning affair in Minnesota today.
    When we are born, we cry, that we are come
    To this great stage of fools.

Ya the Yanks are going to make out regardless due to the extra game and the extra day it took to play the game....Theyre going to be hard to handle, at least with Verlander the tigers had a pop to win the 1st game and then the Yanks would be down 0-1 with all the pressure being on Burnett.
    Thats not going to happen now since JV pitched Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by Optimist;485168;
    Regardless of who wins today, I hope it's a nice 20 inning affair in Minnesota today.
    If that happened, which series would you take?
    Everybody wants a piece of me. Nobody can stomach the whole thing

I want the Twins if only to make sure Mauer wins the MVP and not some Yankee.
    If history tells us anything, the path to redeption for any bad baseball team is marked with a deep rotation of durable starters, a world class defense in both infield and outfield, a lineup that can generate runs in more than one way, a bullpen that won't steal defeat from the jaws of victory, and a top end catcher to hold the whole package together. These are the conditions by which victory is achieved, anything that does not accomplish these objectives is a waste of resources.

Major Leaguer

Twins