Register now to remove this ad

Thread: My Fenway visit (pictures inside)

Today my marketing class went on a "field trip" to Fenway, to get a tour and to learn how the Red Sox market themselves to fans. Here are some pictures that I got of some areas that most of us dont usually get to see. Unfortunately, my digicam sucks, and I wasnt able to whip it out quick enough to get some cooler shots. Anyway, enjoy:

Unfortunately, many of my images turned out terribly. This one was of the view from the press box, where the writers sit, out onto the field. This is what it looks like:

Although the view from the window didnt work, this is the press box itself. I sat in some projo writer's seat, but I made sure to sit down and let one rip, if you know what I mean, on Dan Shaughnessy's assigned seat.

This is the Red Sox hall of fame club. Only season ticket holders can enter here during games, but on the tour we were allowed to. Unfortunately I didn't get a picture of the plaques on the wall, but I can assure you, there are a lot of them (i think the number is 80?)

Forgive me that these are a bit out of order, but this is the view on the field from the Monster seats. It was a miserable day, and the field was covered and everything was wet. But the view was still worthwhile.

The Monster seats themselves. We've all probably already seen them, but what the hell, I'll post it anyway:

My favorite picture, although it is a little bit blurry, is of none other than Theo Epstein. On the way out of the park I saw him hanging outside of the Red Sox players parking lot, talking to someone about his pants. He looked at me and I snapped this pic right before thanking him for Schill + Foulke. He didnt look too pleased, but whatever.

And my last picture is of how the Boston Globe and all sports writers make that game summary section and player info section. Essentially, the sox do it for them. They print this up after every game and give them to the writers, so they can basically copy and paste it into the papers.

I'm sorry I couldnt get any more images, but I think that gives the general idea. Then we listened for about an hour and a half to some marketing guy for the Sox in the .406 club as he explained techniques and groups and boring marketing things. Although the tour itself wasnt that informative (most of the people in the class were clueless, and the guy kept going on and on about Ted Williams), it was fun some spots I'll most likely never see again.

And as a side note, the 406 club is nowhere near as bad as I thought it would be.

It was miserable weather, but it was still fun. As for the status of the game tonight, half of the people I asked (who looked important) said it was on, the other half said it might be PPD. We'll have to wait and see.

That's pretty cool, I really want to visit Fenway one day to see the Sox play the Yanks. Hopefully in the next year or two I'll go up to Boston to see it.
    9-11-01 FDNYPD We will not forget.
    Just because it's a rivalry doesn't mean you need to make retarded arguments.

Rookie
    That's sweet that you saw Theo yeszir, but it sucks that its a blurry picture. Oh well, what can you do?
    Ortizzle my nizzle

Man, that's awesome, yeszir. That musta made school pretty enjoyable just being in Fenway. I'm now officially jealous.
    Baseball isn't life and death but the Red Sox are.

Triple A
    Very cool...I went in the Hall of Fame club on Saturday when I saw Pedro v. Halladay. The seats were season tickets of a friends of mine. It's very nice, and they had free popcorn. :P

Nice pics.

I got a tour of Fenway once when I was younger. Amazing time.

nice picture of theo with the fenway painters in the background. I remember from my tour that they're the only company allowed to paint using "fenway green".
    Inaugural Talksox contest winner.

Rookie
    Originally posted by TheFens@Apr 15 2004, 09:13 PM
    nice picture of theo with the fenway painters in the background. I remember from my tour that they're the only company allowed to paint using "fenway green".
    Lol, I remember trying to recreate that green to no avail doing some wood project. Maybe it was a birdhouse or something.
    Ortizzle my nizzle