Re: 2009 Talksox award nominees thread

Best rivalry?
    WAR is good for something.

Best Ken Roque post:
    Quote Originally Posted by W.B. Mason View Post
    Did someone order...paperclips?

Most unnecessary words used in delivering conventional thoughts, both in terms of volume of words used and in terms of the unnecessary length and extensive vocabulary used on an internet forum.

Quote Originally Posted by italstallianion;493412;
    Most unnecessary words used in delivering conventional thoughts, both in terms of volume of words used and in terms of the unnecessary length and extensive vocabulary used on an internet forum.
    This post in it's entirety is conclusive evidence that you were, indeed, attempting to achieve such a task in order to get an award from the World Wide Web Message Board that is called "Talk Sox".
    Quote Originally Posted by Youk Of The Nation View Post
    We're sorry, your search for "Fucks Given By Koji Uehara" did not return any results

Quote Originally Posted by Emmz;493414;
    This post in it's entirety is conclusive evidence that you were, indeed, attempting to achieve such a task in order to get an award from the World Wide Web Message Board that is called "Talk Sox".
    :lol::lol:
    "Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'" RIP Mike.

"It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

Quote Originally Posted by Dipre;493397;
    Best rivalry?
    Dipre vs. The Board

Runner up, Jacksonianmarch vs. Reality

Quote Originally Posted by italstallianion;493412;
    Upon reading this post I was struck with an overwhelming sensation of accordance with the underlying sentiment. Both the words chosen to convey the point and the method in which it was ultimately phrased led me to nod, smile and attempt to formulate in my own head a response that would not only match the superfluity of words but to exceed it in every possible way. My only fear, categorized at this point only as troubling, is that upon acknowledgment of this new category, certain elements of this board of discussion will erroneously take it upon themselves to eviscerate other members of this board of discussion (whom they view to be less than desirable or perhaps feebleminded due to past sparring) for the making of points with which they do not themselves agree.

Furthermore, I would like to propose the creation and establishment of a new category, one that I am positive you will all find amusing, perplexing, vexing, entertaining and all other forms of gerunds (which, in this case, are not gerunds since they behave as adjectives and not verbs but I think you will see my point). The category which I am proposing has slipped my mind, but I will put forth my best effort to remember it. Failing a miraculous feat of recollection, I will endeavor to invent further new and entertaining categories.

As an hommage to the queen of unnecessary wordage, Sarah Palin, I would also and like to point out that within this post you will find what is almost surely the only usage of the word 'superfluity' to ever have graced the annals of Talksox, Red Sox Forum and Discussion Board.

Quote Originally Posted by BigPapiEnFuego;493416;
    Dipre vs. The Board

Runner up, Jacksonianmarch vs. Reality
    Dipre's usually got a pretty good case though, I think it's more like Dipre vs. Dojji and a couple other people who get caught in the middle and try to put their two cents into the whole thing. I don't think Dipre has a rivalry with everyone, especially considering that he always seems to have a pretty good point to his case.
    We're sorry, your search for "Fucks Given By Koji Uehara" did not return any results

Quote Originally Posted by yeszir;493417;
    Upon reading this post I was struck with an overwhelming sensation of accordance with the underlying sentiment. Both the words chosen to convey the point and the method in which it was ultimately phrased led me to nod, smile and attempt to formulate in my own head a response that would not only match the superfluity of words but to exceed it in every possible way. My only fear, categorized at this point only as troubling, is that upon acknowledgment of this new category, certain elements of this board of discussion will erroneously take it upon themselves to eviscerate other members of this board of discussion (whom they view to be less than desirable or perhaps feebleminded due to past sparring) for the making of points with which they do not themselves agree.

Furthermore, I would like to propose the creation and establishment of a new category, one that I am positive you will all find amusing, perplexing, vexing, entertaining and all other forms of gerunds (which, in this case, are not gerunds since they behave as adjectives and not verbs but I think you will see my point). The category which I am proposing has slipped my mind, but I will put forth my best effort to remember it. Failing a miraculous feat of recollection, I will endeavor to invent further new and entertaining categories.

As an hommage to the queen of unnecessary wordage, Sarah Palin, I would also and like to point out that within this post you will find what is almost surely the only usage of the word 'superfluity' to ever have graced the annals of Talksox, Red Sox Forum and Discussion Board.
    Okay, okay, this deserves some kind of "unnecessary" award.

Deity

Quote Originally Posted by suns;493298;
    Nicest Member: Sox fan on cape
    ...when he's not making racist comments disguised as jokes

CEO of the Casas Fan Club Dipre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheKilo;493420;
    ...when he's not making racist comments disguised as jokes
    I wanted to say this but didn't dare.
    WAR is good for something.

I can't judge since he never posts, but it seems like a case of giving Greg Maddux the pitcher gold glove every year...
    Quote Originally Posted by W.B. Mason View Post
    Did someone order...paperclips?

Quote Originally Posted by yeszir;493417;

Hahahahahahahaha!
    "Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'" RIP Mike.

"It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

Another Post of the Year nomination:

Quote Originally Posted by YanksHater213;495313;
    YOU BELONG WITH MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEE
    Straight up masterpiece right there