Register now to remove this ad

Page 1 of 39 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: 2009 College Basketball Thread

2009 College Basketball Thread

One of my favorite things is just watching college basketball, love it.

We can start this thread out with a big fat lol @ Syracuse for losing to DII Le-Moyne last night (albeit an exhibition game).

Re: 2009 College Basketball Thread

Did they?!? Holy shit! I hate not having TV, but that's just disgraceful, a team that's often considered to be a powerhouse losing to ANY DII team is sad, but hilarious
    Quote Originally Posted by Youk Of The Nation View Post
    We're sorry, your search for "Fucks Given By Koji Uehara" did not return any results

Legend

Le-Moyne should have DVR'd sporstcenter last night, their opening thing was syracuse vs. le-myone.
    RIP Bob Feller

Can't wait until the season starts.

Ugh, the Gophers, I dunno, they open up in the Top 25 I think, but they really disappointed me when they dropped a bunch of games towards the end of last season. Tubby's done wonders for this team though, without him we'd still be doing the Monson sub-500 thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Youk Of The Nation View Post
    We're sorry, your search for "Fucks Given By Koji Uehara" did not return any results

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Emmz;497212;
    Ugh, the Gophers, I dunno, they open up in the Top 25 I think, but they really disappointed me when they dropped a bunch of games towards the end of last season. Tubby's done wonders for this team though, without him we'd still be doing the Monson sub-500 thing.
    Don't worry tubby smith will stop recruiting soon if he already hasn't.
    RIP Bob Feller

Super Moderator

LOL Kentucky. Too bad they won, would've been nice to have Miami (OH) expose them.

Legend

JOHN WALLL RULLLLLLLLLEEEEEEEES!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    RIP Bob Feller

Deity

UConn seems to have hit their stride in this 2nd half.

All-Star

Witherspoon fouling out is a blessing for Memphis. His defense has been terrible.

56-55 KU with 15.6 sec left.

Cole Aldrich can play...

If the kids at Memphis can keep this up they could probably see a ranking.

All-Star

Ken Pomeroy's stats has Arizona State #1 overall right now. Somehow I'm thinking that changes dramatically after today.

But the big winner of tonight? Top 10-15 teams know the top 5 teams aren't that far ahead of them.

Legend

Kansas sure got exposed, they are sooo overrated.
    RIP Bob Feller

Quote Originally Posted by suns;500999;
    Kansas sure got exposed, they are sooo overrated.
    Wrong.

Memphis ran far under the radar coming into this season. They have 7 pretty damn good players, they just lost the star power they had in years past (Evans, Rose, CDR, etc etc). They're a pretty damn good team and a close game was not surprising to me in the least bit.

Kansas is one of the best teams in the NCAA, and are definitely one of the most talented 1-7 we've seen since Florida with Horford, Brewer, Noah, etc.

All-Star

Boy, was Syracuse impressive tonight. Beat #12 Cal easily 95-73. Game was never really close. Again, as I said when it happened the Lemoyne loss meant NOTHING. They played man the whole game, if you know anything about Syracuse, you know they are all about the 2-3 zone defense. They are long on the back-line and on the front. They trapped exceptionally well. Solid, suffocating defense. No dumb turnovers. Unselfish play. Very balanced team. It's beyond me how they are not ranked in the AP, right now.

UNC/OSU on now. Ohio State doesn't have the size to stop UNC in the post. UNC young team = not understanding that's how they'll win 90% of their games.