Register now to remove this ad

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: GOM's plan for Yankee dominance

Re: GOM's plan for Yankee dominance

Quote Originally Posted by Gom;500020;
    I do know the difference between fastballs, you fucking imbecile. I also have forgotten more baseball than you will ever know.

So, because they could have been four seamers, two seamers, or cut fastballs, the Dodger pitchers, with two exceptions, decided not to throw:

Change-ups, Circle Changes, Curveballs, 12-6 Curves, Sinkers, Splitters, Forkballs, Screwballs, Sliders, Slurve, Gyroballs, Knuckleballs, KnuckleCurves, 3-Finger Change-ups, Palmballs, Straight Curves, and the Eephus pitch. I probably forgot a few pitches, but you get the jist.

Not only is he an idiot, but you're a fucking imbecile for defending his point. Honestly...let him answer, and go the fuck away. You've added NOTHING here, except to prove you're fucking clueless. I want to hear what he says to defend himself, because if you were his defense attorney, he'd be sent to the electric chair for shoplifting at Walmart.

Dipre, again...defend your point. Here is the question again:
    I see you do not understand baseball enough to get why Rivera Gets people out. he has a Cutter a 4 seamer and a 2 seamer. Plus i know a wicked lot about baseball. I guess you don't get baseball.

Please explain to me why Rivera with only these three pitches can he dominate most hitters.
    "People always ask me if I wish I were bigger. I tell them no. I always wanted to be a miniature badass." Dustin Pedroia

CEO of the Casas Fan Club Dipre's Avatar

Forget it, he doesn't understand what a "game plan" is.

The hardest pitch to hit for a RHH from a LHP pitcher with good velocity is inside heat. I never said hitting fastballs was "Holliday's strength", he's making it up. As usual.

The fact is, in a short series, you play to your pitcher's and your park's strengths. It was simply a gameplan, not the holy-grail to get Matt Holliday out like our 36-pitch sample size friend would lead you to believe.

With scouting as advanced as it is now, if Holliday had a definite hole in his swing against inside fastballs, it would have been exploited already.

Repeating your argument and using DV-R doesn't make a senseless argument correct, because, by your argument, the Dodgers are the only team with advanced scouting in MLB.

That is just plain ridiculous.

Ad-nauseum argumentation, anyone?
    WAR is good for something.

Lol.
    "Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'" RIP Mike.

"It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Dipre;500029;
    Left-handed pitchers are not adept to throw outside fastballs to RHH, so why risk throwing him meatballs when Holliday's known to drive middle and outside fastballs outside of the park?. Also, are the Dodgers the only team with advanced scouts in MLB? Why wasn't this "weakness" that was so obvious for Gom to pick up not exploited by other teams? Could it be that it was just a game plan to play to their pitcher's strengths and park dimensions?

Again, check Gameday.

The few times that Pujols got pitched to, they also tried hard to get him to swing at inside fastballs.

Please explain to me why they did that then?

Maybe Pujols is also susceptible to the inside fastball. They did throw it to him quite a bit. It doesn't matter that he hammers them throughout his career. It just matters that they threw them to him in the NLDS.

Jesus Christ.
    Dude...honestly, have you NOT MADE ANYTHING UP?

They threw him more than half the pitches on the outside part of the plate. Most of them outside the zone, true. However, most of the pitches were outside the zone. They pretty much threw the kitchen sink at him, and mostly out of the zone and away.

Enough. You still haven't answered anything. I reposted the question twice. You failed to answer it. Again...for the final time, why pitch to a batters strength? That's all fine and dandy to try to tie him up, but if that happens to be his strength, why would you do it?

The only reason to do it is if it is NOT his strength. That would mean you're an idiot. The other posibility is that they were incredibly lucky and their scouts were idiots.

Quote Originally Posted by 26 to 6;499694;
    I've pretty much tried to stay out of this one since it went downhill about 9 pages ago, but you have issues dude and I felt the need to chime in. I for one agree with Gom that signing Holliday is a mistake. He's provided stats and analysis to back up all his reasons for thinking that (I on the other hand wouldn't have gone to that extreme, I just don't like the guy, let him stay in the NL. The Mets could use a LFer) and the only rebut any of you guys have made is to attack him, tell him he's wrong when the numbers are staring you right in the face, and carrying on a pointless argument for far too long now. Besides, what's the point of even having this argument, it's almost as if you guys are either just LOOKING for a fight, or for some far fetched reason are defending the stance that the Yankees should sign Holliday, which I don't understand. If he's as great as you guys are arguing him to be why not just be content with the fact that Yankee fans don't want him (Gom and myself that is, I can't speak for the rest) rather than going on and on about his worth trying aimlessly to sway our opinion. Why don't we just end this ridiculous discussion now or send it to "Anything Goes" where you guys can continue to have your retarded fun. If Holliday does sign with the Yankees you guys are just gonna cry about it anyway, so save your breath for then.
    THIS.

I've backed up what I said with numbers that are ACCURATE. You're only defense is sample size. I saw it is very relevant due to the fact that it was specific in both pitch type and location. We can agree to disagree there, fine.

You're arguing just to argue, and you lost 10 pages ago.

You've brought in incorrect stats [.341], irrelevant stats [interleague stats, which combine both home and away for his career], and just plain made up stats. You've questioned MY numerical analysis, and have been proven false. [Yes, he did have 400 PA with Oakland]. You've selected chose statistics when ignoring the rest that don't fit your argument. [You stated he had a 2.45 wFBc in the NL, and 1.2 total, while ignoring the fact that it was 0.18 in the AL and I stated he didn't hit well in the AL]. You stated that the easiest pitch for LHP to throw to RHH is the inside fastball. I'm not sure of this, but, let's go with it. He had 6 PA against lefties. 2-5 with a HBP. Yet, lefties, righties...they all pitched him the same.

Enough. You've lost this debate and badly. You've destroyed any credibility you had by lying, and making shit up, and questioning my statistical numbers.

You can agree or disagree. The more intellegent posters in this thread have agreed with me, the dumber ones with you.

However, much more importantly than that, you've damaged your own reputation here by lying, making shit up, and then questioning others. I doubt there is anyone here who followed this thread who will EVER take a number quoted by you without double-checking it. That, my friend, is very sad.

It's over. It's been over. Learn from it, and move on.
    "Every year, the infielders move a step back because you have lost some speed, and the outfielders move in a step because you have lost some of your power. When they can shake hands, you're finished."

Quote Originally Posted by Gom;500039;
    Dude...honestly, have you NOT MADE ANYTHING UP?

They threw him more than half the pitches on the outside part of the plate. Most of them outside the zone, true. However, most of the pitches were outside the zone. They pretty much threw the kitchen sink at him, and mostly out of the zone and away.

Enough. You still haven't answered anything. I reposted the question twice. You failed to answer it. Again...for the final time, why pitch to a batters strength? That's all fine and dandy to try to tie him up, but if that happens to be his strength, why would you do it?

The only reason to do it is if it is NOT his strength. That would mean you're an idiot. The other posibility is that they were incredibly lucky and their scouts were idiots.
    Game 2, Clayton Kershaw. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Gom;500039;

THIS.

I've backed up what I said with numbers that are ACCURATE. You're only defense is sample size. I saw it is very relevant due to the fact that it was specific in both pitch type and location. We can agree to disagree there, fine.

You're arguing just to argue, and you lost 10 pages ago.

You've brought in incorrect stats [.341], irrelevant stats [interleague stats, which combine both home and away for his career], and just plain made up stats. You've questioned MY numerical analysis, and have been proven false. [Yes, he did have 400 PA with Oakland]. You've selected chose statistics when ignoring the rest that don't fit your argument. [You stated he had a 2.45 wFBc in the NL, and 1.2 total, while ignoring the fact that it was 0.18 in the AL and I stated he didn't hit well in the AL]. You stated that the easiest pitch for LHP to throw to RHH is the inside fastball. I'm not sure of this, but, let's go with it. He had 6 PA against lefties. 2-5 with a HBP. Yet, lefties, righties...they all pitched him the same.

Enough. You've lost this debate and badly. You've destroyed any credibility you had by lying, and making shit up, and questioning my statistical numbers.

You can agree or disagree. The more intellegent posters in this thread have agreed with me, the dumber ones with you.

However, much more importantly than that, you've damaged your own reputation here by lying, making shit up, and then questioning others. I doubt there is anyone here who followed this thread who will EVER take a number quoted by you without double-checking it. That, my friend, is very sad.

It's over. It's been over. Learn from it, and move on.
    This post gave me the biggest laugh in my time here on Talksox.

Your whole argument is based on speculation, inaccurate numbers and a 36-pitch sample size.

Your stance that only the Dodger's scouts recognized this absolutely definitive and exploitable weakness in Holliday's swing is asinine, laughable and legitimately laugh-inducing.

The sample size IS the only defense i need, because you haven't stuck to a single argument, but you flip-flop them as you see fit every time things don't go your way. If your initial argument was accurate, why change to 13 different arguments?

It's funny, really.

Keep making more hilarious stuff up, please.

Banned

[QUOTE=Dipre;500041;]This post gave me the biggest laugh in my time here on Talksox.

Your whole argument is based on speculation, inaccurate numbers and a 36-pitch sample size.

Your stance that only the Dodger's scouts recognized this absolutely definitive and exploitable weakness in Holliday's swing is asinine, laughable and legitimately laugh-inducing.

The sample size IS the only defense i need, because you haven't stuck to a single argument, but flip-flopping them as you see fit every time things don't go your way.

It's funny, really.

How have I flip-flopped? If anything, your sorry ass has flip-flopped, trying to change the argument. I've showed that he was not shown to be the hitter he was in Colorado, because he saw more pitches in Oakland.

The sample size is, IMO, relevant due to the facts of him not performing well in Oakland, and being specifically attacked in the NLDS. Again, they are idiots, not you.

I'm going to make an assumption here....that if a hitter hits .341 on a pitch, or in a zone, and his average is .313, then that is a strength, isn't it? [It would be in any world but Dipre's]

As for flip-flopping..enjoy this. They are all your words, after all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dipre;500041;
    I never said hitting fastballs was "Holliday's strength", he's making it up. As usual.
    As you can see in the chart, he hit .368 on middle inside pitches, .276 up and in, and .381 down and in in 2009.

You saying he's susceptible to the inside pitch is a fabrication.
    I never said hitting fastballs was "Holliday's strength", he's making it up. As usual.
    Again, he hit a .341 cumulative batting average on the inside part of the plate, if you face mostly RH pitchers, they mostly don't throw breaking stuff inside to RH hitters, so logic tells you , it's mostly fastballs.

This is about fastballs in every part of the plate. He saw 61% fastballs last years, and if you know anything about pitch selection, you'll know that righties usually don't throw inside breaking stuff to righties, and lefties usually throw inside fastballs to lefties due to handedness. So you could easily make a case for the fact that more than 70% of the pitches that Holliday saw in the inside of the plate were fastballs. If he hit a cumulative .341 against them. Explain to me how can't he hit the inside fastball again?
    Keep making more hilarious stuff up, please.
    Honestly..if you knew how many people IM'd me, and all but one were Red Sox fans, basically laughing at you but not wanting to get involved, you'd probably never post here again.
    "Every year, the infielders move a step back because you have lost some speed, and the outfielders move in a step because you have lost some of your power. When they can shake hands, you're finished."

[QUOTE=Gom;500042;]
    This post gave me the biggest laugh in my time here on Talksox.

The sample size IS the only defense i need, because you haven't stuck to a single argument, but flip-flopping them as you see fit every time things don't go your way.

It's funny, really.

How have I flip-flopped? If anything, your sorry ass has flip-flopped, trying to change the argument. I've showed that he was not shown to be the hitter he was in Colorado, because he saw more pitches in Oakland.

The sample size is, IMO, relevant due to the facts of him not performing well in Oakland, and being specifically attacked in the NLDS. Again, they are idiots, not you.

I'm going to make an assumption here....that if a hitter hits .341 on a pitch, or in a zone, and his average is .313, then that is a strength, isn't it? [It would be in any world but Dipre's]

As for flip-flopping..enjoy this. They are all your words, after all.

Honestly..if you knew how many people IM'd me, and all but one were Red Sox fans, basically laughing at you but not wanting to get involved, you'd probably never post here again.
    Oh, you mean the response to every one of your argument "change of hearts"?

The hypocrisy is astounding.

About the PM's, i could say the same thing, but the words "stupid" were not the ones used.
    Several stronger ones were.

However, unlike me, you would keep posting. I have shame and all.

The use of this argument is hilarious by the way. It's the most pathetic argument defense i have ever heard. Congrats.

Quote Originally Posted by Dipre;500029;
    Left-handed pitchers are not adept to throw outside fastballs to RHH, so why risk throwing him meatballs when Holliday's known to drive middle and outside fastballs outside of the park?. Also, are the Dodgers the only team with advanced scouts in MLB? Why wasn't this "weakness" that was so obvious for Gom to pick up not exploited by other teams? Could it be that it was just a game plan to play to their pitcher's strengths and park dimensions?

Again, check Gameday.

The few times that Pujols got pitched to, they also tried hard to get him to swing at inside fastballs.

Please explain to me why they did that then?

Maybe Pujols is also susceptible to the inside fastball. They did throw it to him quite a bit. It doesn't matter that he hammers them throughout his career. It just matters that they threw them to him in the NLDS.

Jesus Christ.
    I don't disagree with you. I would take Holliday in a heartbeat. I was just pointing out that the question hadn't necessarily been answered up to that point.

I confess to having PM'd GOM, but I only messaged him so he'd think that he was right and that he'd continue the hilarity. I also didn't want him to cower in his stupidity and hang himself, so out of pity I told him that I supported him, and I almost kept a straight face while doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by yankees228;500047;
    I don't disagree with you. I would take Holliday in a heartbeat. I was just pointing out that the question hadn't necessarily been answered up to that point.
    I mentioned that before, perhaps you overlooked it.

Quote Originally Posted by italstallianion;500049;
    I confess to having PM'd GOM, but I only messaged him so he'd think that he was right and that he'd continue the hilarity. I also didn't want him to cower in his stupidity and hang himself, so out of pity I told him that I supported him, and I almost kept a straight face while doing it.
    Thanks for fessing up. :lol:

I can't believe this argument is still going on.
    And who are you, the proud lord said, that I must bow so low?
    Only a cat of a different coat, that's all the truth I know. In a coat of gold or a coat of red, a lion still has claws, And mine are long and sharp, my lord, as long and sharp as yours.

Awesome. Locked.