Register now to remove this ad

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: WBC and the Constitution

CEO of the Casas Fan Club Dipre's Avatar

Re: Hello, 11 Active Members

Quote Originally Posted by TheKilo;503568;
    What's wrong with what he said? Even though they are hate mongerers and among the most ignorant people in the world, I'm pretty sure they haven't killed anybody so why would it be acceptable to murder them?
    Kilo, imagine this scenario:

Imagine your brother died in action, imagine your grief, your anger, your sorrow, then imagine, as the Priest is giving you those words of comfort, as your soul soothes and you feel a measure of acceptance, someone picketing with sign that say "God hates fags" during that time.

I bet you'd shoot their asses if you could right then and there.
    WAR is good for something.

Deity

Except my brother, who dies in action, was fighting for the free speech that these idiots have the right to express. It may be unbelievably insensitive, but it is their right to say it. It is not against the law.

Would I hope they get their poetic justice? Absolutely. Doesn't mean I'd be the one to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by TheKilo;503577;
    Except my brother, who dies in action, was fighting for the free speech that these idiots have the right to express. It may be unbelievably insensitive, but it is their right to say it. It is not against the law.

Would I hope they get their poetic justice? Absolutely. Doesn't mean I'd be the one to do it.
    It has to be in the right situation where you say these things. If it was in a Church or Funeral Home that person would be arrested.
    "People always ask me if I wish I were bigger. I tell them no. I always wanted to be a miniature badass." Dustin Pedroia

Quote Originally Posted by TheKilo;503577;

One can only wonder why the powerhouse country in the world allows sexual and race-oriented hate as part of "Freedom of speech" while a piece of shit, backwater island like this one doesn't.

The irony is so delicious, even chocolate cake can't rival it.

Quote Originally Posted by bsox0407;503581;
    It has to be in the right situation where you say these things. If it was in a Church or Funeral Home that person would be arrested.
    That's why they go across the street. They're not on the property, but they make sure everyone entering and exiting the premises can see them.

And I'm not for murdering them (though I wouldn't mind if they disappeared).

Quote Originally Posted by Coco's Disciples;503585;
    That's why they go across the street. They're not on the property, but they make sure everyone entering and exiting the premises can see them.

And I'm not for murdering them (though I wouldn't mind if they disappeared).
    I think in some towns and counties make you get a permit or they can arrest you. Everyone has there opinion but most of the time it should be kept to yourself.
    "People always ask me if I wish I were bigger. I tell them no. I always wanted to be a miniature badass." Dustin Pedroia

In some places (like here) there is an article inserted into the penal code, stating "That any manifestation that could be considered of hateful nature against a person's creed, sexual preference, or otherwise political belief is considered moral and verbal violence, and shall be dealt with accordingly".

This, by the way, will be included in the latest re-form of the penal code, as in, it is not yet in writing, but due to the premise of "Jurisprudence and customs make law" this is being applied, and has been applied for some years running now.

Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Dipre;503583;
    One can only wonder why the powerhouse country in the world allows sexual and race-oriented hate as part of "Freedom of speech" while a piece of shit, backwater island like this one doesn't.

The irony is so delicious, even chocolate cake can't rival it.
    That doesn't address the bigger overall point though. Way to single out the part of my post that has no bearing on this larger discussion as a whole.

Quote Originally Posted by TheKilo;503591;
    That doesn't address the bigger overall point though. Way to single out the part of my post that has no bearing on this larger discussion as a whole.
    It's a complaint. I know "killing them" is extreme, and was said out of frustration.

Besides, i should stop talking about this right about now, because, unlike in real life, "There is no freedom of speech in message boards".

Deity

There isn't, but I'm pretty sure we've kept the discussion civil and within the boundaries of the ToS.

You asked me if I would have the urge to kill them. I answered. As much hate as they spew, their lives do not deserve to be taken because they have not taken the lives of others.

Quote Originally Posted by TheKilo;503594;
    There isn't, but I'm pretty sure we've kept the discussion civil and within the boundaries of the ToS.

You asked me if I would have the urge to kill them. I answered. As much hate as they spew, their lives do not deserve to be taken because they have not taken the lives of others.
    Nah, i was ribbing yo man.

As stated above, it was said out of frustration. Maybe you're not like me, but i would definitely erase them from existence if given the opportunity in a situation like that.

The fact that it's legal doesn't mean it is morally correct, this is the reason why the premise "Customs create laws" was created in the first place.

Deity

Right, but no law would ever justify their murder, regardless of the hate they spew.

Quote Originally Posted by TheKilo;503602;
    Right, but no law would ever justify their murder, regardless of the hate they spew.
    But there should be a law that doesn't allow the to spew hate in the first place.

I wasn't advocating for such a thing, i know fully well that if i shot one of them, i'd be going to jail. If they were shot or stomped during a riot that occurred during one of their manifestations however.......

Quote Originally Posted by TheKilo;503594;

I agree, why my personal feelings would strongly lean towards burning them alive, I would find it wrong to have them killed when they hurt no one it undermines the due process of law IMO, however I do agree that it should be made illegal to protest within a given perimeter of a funeral, there is a time and place for voicing your feelings or political strife (if thats really what you want to call it) and a funeral is neither the time nor place.
    "It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

I wouldn't kill any of them, but I would picket each member's funeral. No doubt about that.