Register now to remove this ad

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 90

Thread: Brown or coakley.

  1. #16

    Re: Brown or coakley.

    Quote Originally Posted by yeszir;518223;
    Scott Brown was rude to me when I was a waiter at the Newton Corner Uno's. For the record.
    Gail Huff is a butterface.
    "Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'" RIP Mike.


    "It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

  2. #17

    Re: Brown or coakley.

    Quote Originally Posted by VA Sox Fan;518187;
    At a rally for Coakley, Patrick Kennedy kept calling her Marcia Coakley instead of Martha Coakley....nice.
    Thank goodness he didn't call her Martha Moxley.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kimmi View Post
    This is true. Baseball is such a random sport.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dojji View Post
    [T]he conclusion to be drawn is that there is no practical value in seeking this ideal lineup, and in that case any way in which it might be meaningfully termed "best" is irrelevant, academic at best, pedantic at worst

  3. #18

    Re: Brown or coakley.

    Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter;518249;
    Thank goodness he didn't call her Martha Moxley.
    :lol:

  4. #19

    Re: Brown or coakley.

    Gotta go with Scott Brown. These Dems are working to destroy this country and everything we stand for. And continuing the free ride for Obama is just going to plunge us further into communism. Seriously, why should my hard work and dedication be used to pay for some shlep's ability to get health care? This is the land of opportunity, where hard work pays off. When did it become the land that everyone gets a free ride and those who actually excel get to pay for other people's failures?
    How many more years left in ARod's contract?

  5. #20

    Re: Brown or coakley.

    Scott Brown baby, first things first he'll vote down the idiotic universal health care bill and bring some balance to this liberal infested state

  6. #21
    The Bill is bullshit anyway. It's a total con job. They say that they want all Americans to have healthcare, but the current bill would leave 12 million without coverage. It's a way of getting government's foot in the door. This legislation would accelerate the deterioration of the existing system, precipitating a true crisis down the road. In times of crisis, the government has the support of the people to step in. This bill would be a first step toward the long range goal of a single payer plan.

    The problem with healthcare is the absence of economic principles resulting from the introduction of a third party payer- private and government funded insurance. People never ask a doctor for a price. Is there any other service of which that is true? No. The solution is not universal coverage with zero or low deductibles. That will exacerbate the problem, because people will overuse the system resulting in a shortage of resources that would in turn necessitate the rationing of care by the government. The solution is hgh deductible coverage coupled with pre-tax individually funded Health Savings Accounts. That would introduce economic principles to the system resulting in cost consciousness by the patient and upfront cost disclosure by providers. This would reduce the rate of medical inflation, which is the true crisis for the current system.

  7. #22

    Re: Brown or coakley.

    Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch;518298;
    Gotta go with Scott Brown. These Dems are working to destroy this country and everything we stand for. And continuing the free ride for Obama is just going to plunge us further into communism. Seriously, why should my hard work and dedication be used to pay for some shlep's ability to get health care? This is the land of opportunity, where hard work pays off. When did it become the land that everyone gets a free ride and those who actually excel get to pay for other people's failures?
    Communism is a dream. And socialism is nearly impossible to achieve in the US. Not meant to make this personal, but for someone who pounds his chest about the deficiencies of the Dominican education system, that's a pretty ignorant statement to make. I'd expect a superior "American" like you to know that communism is nothing but Karl Marx' utopic dream, and that the USA's current economic structure simply would take at least decades to convert into what you actually meant, and that is socialism.

  8. #23

    Re: Brown or coakley.

    BTW. In case any of you want to argue this issue, you should know upfront that the last two posts in this thread cannot be disputed. As for Jackson's post, I don't disagree with him either despite the misuse of the term communism. His frustration as a provider in the Healthcare system is completely valid and understandable.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kimmi View Post
    This is true. Baseball is such a random sport.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dojji View Post
    [T]he conclusion to be drawn is that there is no practical value in seeking this ideal lineup, and in that case any way in which it might be meaningfully termed "best" is irrelevant, academic at best, pedantic at worst

  9. #24

    Re: Brown or coakley.

    But pulling out the "communism" (which doesn't even exist) or "socialism" (which is impossible to instill in the US) every time someone doesn't like something is both ignorant and ridiculous.

    All i have to say about that.

  10. #25

    Re: Brown or coakley.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dipre;518310;
    But pulling out the "communism" (which doesn't even exist) or "socialism" (which is impossible to instill in the US) every time someone doesn't like something is both ignorant and ridiculous.

    All i have to say about that.
    He's scared. He views this as a threat (and an unknown one at that) to his livelihood. His overreaction in this case is understandable. Because he is a Yankee fan, we should never let him slide on anything. That's my opinion.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kimmi View Post
    This is true. Baseball is such a random sport.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dojji View Post
    [T]he conclusion to be drawn is that there is no practical value in seeking this ideal lineup, and in that case any way in which it might be meaningfully termed "best" is irrelevant, academic at best, pedantic at worst

  11. #26

    Re: Brown or coakley.

    Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter;518311;
    He's scared. He views this as a threat (and an unknown one at that) to his livelihood. His overreaction in this case is understandable. Because he is a Yankee fan, we should never let him slide on anything. That's my opinion.
    Your opinion is obviously correct. Besides, i don't commit mistakes like that even though i was educated in an "inferior" system and i'm a Red Sox fan.

    Just sayin'.

  12. #27

    Re: Brown or coakley.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dipre;518312;
    Your opinion is obviously correct. Besides, i don't commit mistakes like that even though i was educated in an "inferior" system and i'm a Red Sox fan.

    Just sayin'.
    That's okay. Jacko was educated in a far inferior system than the one that educated me as our standards have slipped drastically throughout the last 3 or 4 decades. We shouldn't be throwing stones at other countries when we have let education in this country slip to embarrassing levels.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kimmi View Post
    This is true. Baseball is such a random sport.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dojji View Post
    [T]he conclusion to be drawn is that there is no practical value in seeking this ideal lineup, and in that case any way in which it might be meaningfully termed "best" is irrelevant, academic at best, pedantic at worst

  13. #28

    Re: Brown or coakley.

    Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch;518298;
    Gotta go with Scott Brown. These Dems are working to destroy this country and everything we stand for. And continuing the free ride for Obama is just going to plunge us further into communism. Seriously, why should my hard work and dedication be used to pay for some shlep's ability to get health care? This is the land of opportunity, where hard work pays off. When did it become the land that everyone gets a free ride and those who actually excel get to pay for other people's failures?
    This.

    I don't want to pay for other people.

    Plus when you take a shot on Boston sports you pretty put yourself on the gullet.
    "People always ask me if I wish I were bigger. I tell them no. I always wanted to be a miniature badass." Dustin Pedroia

  14. #29

    Re: Brown or coakley.

    Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter;518309;
    BTW. In case any of you want to argue this issue, you should know upfront that the last two posts in this thread cannot be disputed. As for Jackson's post, I don't disagree with him either despite the misuse of the term communism. His frustration as a provider in the Healthcare system is completely valid and understandable.
    While I don't disagree with the things you state are contributing to the rate of healthcare cost inflation, I think you've omitted a significant contributor to that rate. The cost of malpractice insurance. For many practices, it is the single biggest overhead cost. I think some sort of tort reform to reign in the lawyers would help.

  15. #30

    Re: Brown or coakley.

    Quote Originally Posted by ORS;518342;
    While I don't disagree with the things you state are contributing to the rate of healthcare cost inflation, I think you've omitted a significant contributor to that rate. The cost of malpractice insurance. For many practices, it is the single biggest overhead cost. I think some sort of tort reform to reign in the lawyers would help.
    Yes, Tort reform also would need to be accomplished. No doubt about it.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kimmi View Post
    This is true. Baseball is such a random sport.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dojji View Post
    [T]he conclusion to be drawn is that there is no practical value in seeking this ideal lineup, and in that case any way in which it might be meaningfully termed "best" is irrelevant, academic at best, pedantic at worst

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •