Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Adopt a prospect

Re: Adopt a prospect

New but would love to give this a try! Can I please adopt: Brandon Jacobs
    "If they throw em where I"m swinging I'll hit em"- Ted Williams

can i adopt Jackie Bradley Jr.

Well my first guy was traded a couple years ago. So I'll readopt Bryce Brentz!

Major Leaguer
    I'm adopting Mookie Betts. Thanks.

Swihart watch is on already. The kid looks like the real deal.

Legend
    Adopting Rafael Devers. Most ceiling in the system - if he gets a good significant run at high-A, we got something possibly very special.

I adopted Garin Cecchini a couple of years ago. I still think he might just surprise the Red Sox if he can play multiple positions. He can hit and the first half of last year should not eliminate him from consideration any more than those of you who still talk up Jackie Bradley should.

Not considered a prospect but still kind of interesting. I am curious about Jemile Weeks.

Probably will be another Pedro Ciriaco and end up playing with another team.

I'm kinda intrigued by Devin Marrero, is he taken? That guy could do good work for us if one of our big league IF's gets hurt. If we didn't have Holt Who Is Awesome, Marrero would be an ideal backup, and he definitely seems to have the upside of a decent starting SS option if someone is interested in a trade.

Kinda hoping he gets a chance to play at some point but the infield situation here is crowded. maybe he's deadline bait. I kind of hope so for his sake.
    If history tells us anything, the path to redeption for any bad baseball team is marked with a deep rotation of durable starters, a world class defense in both infield and outfield, a lineup that can generate runs in more than one way, a bullpen that won't steal defeat from the jaws of victory, and a top end catcher to hold the whole package together. These are the conditions by which victory is achieved, anything that does not accomplish these objectives is a waste of resources.

Quote Originally Posted by Dojji View Post
    I'm kinda intrigued by Devin Marrero, is he taken? That guy could do good work for us if one of our big league IF's gets hurt. If we didn't have Holt Who Is Awesome, Marrero would be an ideal backup, and he definitely seems to have the upside of a decent starting SS option if someone is interested in a trade.

Kinda hoping he gets a chance to play at some point but the infield situation here is crowded. maybe he's deadline bait. I kind of hope so for his sake.
    He can't hit for shit. If or when he does then he may get a shot at the bigs.

And he has to learn when not to make a throw. Sometimes he tries to do too much.

.804 OPS in Portland last year before moving up and struggling in Pawtucket. The potential for a better hitter is there if he can combine the decent patience with a little more contact and line drive power. He has shown it in flashes.

Besides I mean... he's a plus fielding shortstop, how much does he actually need to hit?
    If history tells us anything, the path to redeption for any bad baseball team is marked with a deep rotation of durable starters, a world class defense in both infield and outfield, a lineup that can generate runs in more than one way, a bullpen that won't steal defeat from the jaws of victory, and a top end catcher to hold the whole package together. These are the conditions by which victory is achieved, anything that does not accomplish these objectives is a waste of resources.

Quote Originally Posted by Dojji View Post
    .804 OPS in Portland last year before moving up and struggling in Pawtucket. The potential for a better hitter is there if he can combine the decent patience with a little more contact and line drive power. He has shown it in flashes.

Besides I mean... he's a plus fielding shortstop, how much does he actually need to hit?
    He is a poor AAA hitter so far. And I would hope for at least league average for SS in the majors.

And he is not that great defensively from the games that I have seen ( about 6 ).

He'll never play big league ball in Boston.

Quote Originally Posted by Spudboy View Post
    He is a poor AAA hitter so far. And I would hope for at least league average for SS in the majors.

And he is not that great defensively from the games that I have seen ( about 6 ).

He'll never play big league ball in Boston.
    His ceiling is a gold glover with a .700 OPS. Supposedly excellent defense, and his bat is coming around. If Bogaerts doesn't stick, he could be this team's next SS. "League Average" at SS is pretty mediocre, like a .600 OPS.

That being said, this team has a long history of trading second-tier shortstops. Shortstop is perhaps the easiest position to fill in free agency, because so few shortstops differentiate themselves from the rest. See Iggy/Lowrie/Aviles trades, and Scutaro/Drew acquisitions.

That's your opinion. Based on just looking at stats and parroting what others say.

I have not seen anything from him that screams MLB can't miss.