Register now to remove this ad

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chien Ming Wang signs with Nats.

Chien Ming Wang signs with Nats.

He really was the exception rather than the rule. I'll miss him, sad way for him to go out. If he never broke his foot, he probably wouldnt be out of the org. God speed. Never disliked him.
    Hal sucks

Re: Chien Ming Wang signs with Nats.

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch;525391;
    He really was the exception rather than the rule. I'll miss him, sad way for him to go out. If he never broke his foot, he probably wouldnt be out of the org. God speed. Never disliked him.
    Is he going to get a ring for last season?
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

He will. He was on the roster when we won.
    Hal sucks

Evil Emperor

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch;525395 View Post
    He will. He was on the roster when we won.
    He should, I think. As should Nady.

But I always liked Wang a lot and I wish him the best. The Nats haven't officially announced an agreement but they have a press conference scheduled for Friday. But who knows, maybe the Yanks match it last minute and bring him back into the fold. More than likely that's just wishful thinking on my part though. :lol:

I know if he's healthy, especially in the NL, he can turn it around.

Quote Originally Posted by 26 to 6;525404;
    He should, I think. As should Nady.

But I always liked Wang a lot and I wish him the best. The Nats haven't officially announced an agreement but they have a press conference scheduled for Friday. But who knows, maybe the Yanks match it last minute and bring him back into the fold. More than likely that's just wishful thinking on my part though. :lol:

I know if he's healthy, especially in the NL, he can turn it around.
    PLEASE , I hope the fuck

Evil Emperor

Quote Originally Posted by redsoxrules;525409 View Post
    PLEASE , I hope the fuck
    Why would you hope that? You've seen just how good Wang could be when he's healthy.

I like this signing by Washington. They've had no pitching depth for quite a while now and if Wang can get back to being an effective pitcher, and I think he can, he will be a nice addition to their rotation. Plus, going to the NL should help him tremendously.

I always thought Wang if healthy would be a very good NL SP.

The Nationals really should have gotten a option year though. I think next season he could be really good. This year he could be decent. But guys usually are better the 2nd season back from any kind of surgery.

Evil Emperor

Quote Originally Posted by BSN07;525422 View Post
    I always thought Wang if healthy would be a very good NL SP.

The Nationals really should have gotten a option year though. I think next season he could be really good. This year he could be decent. But guys usually are better the 2nd season back from any kind of surgery.
    They don't need an option year, he's not yet eligible for free agency so unless they non-tender him after this year he won't be a free agent. They'll have to settle through re-negotiations or arbitration or something, but unless they don't want him he'll be there beyond this year.

Anyone still think he's an ace because of his win totals in 2007 and 2008 with the best offense in baseball behind him?
    "I don't know what to throw to you." - Joe Mauer
    "Neither does the rest of the league." - Dustin Pedroia

Fenway Resident

Washington likes to get former Yankees, whether it be by trade or FA's

Good signing by the Nats, overall a productive offseason. They will be closer to .500 than they will to 100 losses
    "See what you have to ask yourself is what kind of person are you? Are you the kind that sees signs, sees miracles? Or do you believe that people just get lucky? Or, look at the question this way: Is it possible that there are no coincidences?"

Solid pickup for the Nats, even if he doesn't bounce all the way back he still has the stuff to be a solid innings burner.
    If history tells us anything, the path to redeption for any bad baseball team is marked with a deep rotation of durable starters, a world class defense in both infield and outfield, a lineup that can generate runs in more than one way, a bullpen that won't steal defeat from the jaws of victory, and a top end catcher to hold the whole package together. These are the conditions by which victory is achieved, anything that does not accomplish these objectives is a waste of resources.

Quote Originally Posted by Dojji;525576;
    Solid pickup for the Nats, even if he doesn't bounce all the way back he still has the stuff to be a solid innings burner.
    Will he be ready for the start of the season? If not, he will not have much value as an innings eater.

Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

"Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

As 26 pointed out the Nats are still rebuilding. THIS season is less important than future upside. If he rebounds to full health by the end of the year, he's under their arb control and can come back next year when they have a better hope of competing.

So if he burns 160 this year and 190-200 next, I don't think too many Nats fans complain about that.
    If history tells us anything, the path to redeption for any bad baseball team is marked with a deep rotation of durable starters, a world class defense in both infield and outfield, a lineup that can generate runs in more than one way, a bullpen that won't steal defeat from the jaws of victory, and a top end catcher to hold the whole package together. These are the conditions by which victory is achieved, anything that does not accomplish these objectives is a waste of resources.

Quote Originally Posted by Dojji;525578;
    As 26 pointed out the Nats are still rebuilding. THIS season is less important than future upside. If he rebounds to full health by the end of the year, he's under their arb control and can come back next year when they have a better hope of competing.

So if he burns 160 this year and 190-200 next, I don't think too many Nats fans complain about that.
    This move is merely picking through the scrap heap. It will have little impact. These types of moves pay off very seldomly.