Register now to remove this ad

Thread: Aaron Boone Retires

Aaron Boone Retires

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=4938385

For such an insignificant player, he had such a huge influence over the Red Sox/Yankees rivalry. He robbed the Red Sox of a possible World Series victory, paved the way for the Yankees signing A-Rod, may have influenced the Red Sox signing Schilling and Foulke, and who knows, he may even have played a role in Beckett's career by setting up his coming out party in the 2003 World Series.
    "I don't know what to throw to you." - Joe Mauer
    "Neither does the rest of the league." - Dustin Pedroia

Re: Aaron Boone Retires

Good riddance

I wish him well as a person but he did enough damage in his otherwise mediocre and insignificant career.

I hope his house burns down and he has to live in a welfare motel. I hope that I see him panhandling some day so I can spit in his change cup.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

By the way, he's joining ESPN so we'll all get the chance to see him on a daily basis now. Yay!

Evil Emperor

Best of luck to him. He'll be great to watch at ESPN. He did some work at MLB Network during the postseason and a little bit at ESPN earlier in the offseason. I think he even called some games on the radio during the postseason, but I could be wrong. What I've seen of him though has been great. I'm sure he'll thrive in his new profession.

Quote Originally Posted by 26 to 6;526622;
    Best of luck to him. He'll be great to watch at ESPN. He did some work at MLB Network during the postseason and a little bit at ESPN earlier in the offseason. I think he even called some games on the radio during the postseason, but I could be wrong. What I've seen of him though has been great. I'm sure he'll thrive in his new profession.
    Yeah, he seems like a nice guy. I honestly don't have any hard feelings towards him, he was just doing his job. Besides, if he didn't hit the home run, I bet he Marlins would have won the World Series anyways and I'm not so sure the Red Sox would have went into pissed off offseason mode and acquired Schilling and Foulke.