Register now to remove this ad

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: NFL Draft Thread

Re: NFL Draft Thread

The Giants went defense for the first 4 rounds. I like their depth picks in rounds 2-4. Dillard and Joseph could be starters in 2010. Chad Jones is gonna be solid depth behind Rolle and Phillips, and will allow Ross to move back to CB. The Pierre-Paul pick was understandable, but isnt a pick for 2010. Tuck, Kiwanuka, and Umenyiora are all ahead of him on the depth chart. But, if Pierre-Paul can learn the game from them, then he could be dominant. He has insane tools, great size, speed, power. He just hadnt played football enough to have great awareness.

The Jets only had 4 picks due to trades. I love three of their picks. Wilson will be the nickel corner behind Revis and Cromartie, but should end up as a starter in a yr or two. I think he ends up being a great CB. McKnight gives Ryan what he had in Leon Washington. Not an all down back, but a good change of pace from Tomlinson and Greene and should team with Greene to be a nice thunder and lightning running game over the long haul. And John Conner in the 5th round projects to be a solid blocking FB who is now the heir apparent to Tony Richardson. The Jets second rounder was a good pick for the long run, but cutting Faneca for this kid was a poor choice. Ducasse is a great story, has great skills and a solid attitude. But he's RAW. So raw, that they are moving him from tackle to guard and hoping he can progress enough to be good enough to replace the future HOFer. Probably not the best idea to drop an anchor from probably the best O line in football and replace him with a raw rookie.

Overall, I think the picks from the 2 NY teams were solid. Both teams have early round, raw freak talents surrounding solid picks.
    Hal sucks

I cant believe Steelers got Jonathan Dwyer in 6th round.

I cannot believe the Titans got Myron Rolle in the 6th round. Rolle was considered a top 10 draft pick prior to leaving for Oxford. He stayed in shape, ran great 40 times at his pro day and dropped 2 hundred spots? That's just stupid. He is gonna be a stud
    Hal sucks

Quote Originally Posted by CoachC.;540616;
    More so for Jevan Snead.

Went from projected 1st round pick to undrafted. Should have stayed in school.
    If Snead had stayed in school another year, the 'QB Killa' Houston Nutt would've had him regress so bad he might not make it in the Arena League. Amazing what that guy can do to a QB's confidence/ability. Once a Heisman contender/likely 1st rounder to undrafted. Beautiful.

Quote Originally Posted by CoachC.;540541;
    Pulling for Myron Rolle to get picked. If character is so important in the NFL now, can someone explain why he hasn't been picked? He's being penalized because he put education first and decided to take a year off to be a Rhodes Scholar at Oxford. Too smart for the NFL? Too many goals? Too good a human being? How are you going to penalize this man for being smart. It's just a shame that some NFL executives are questioning his commitment.
    How dare Myron Rolle opt for Oxford and bettering himself educationally over the NFL.

I wish there were a lot more people like him. Great dude.

Interestingly enough, Myron Rolle went to my rival college at Oxford. Thank god he didn't play rugby or else I'd have been f*****.