Register now to remove this ad

Page 283 of 376 FirstFirst ... 183233273281282283284285293333 ... LastLast
Results 4,231 to 4,245 of 5634

Thread: What Really Grinds My Gears

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    Shut up. Little League was, and still is, my now unrealistic dream. I would have loved to gotten to the Little League World Series. There was one year, when I was of age, when the Little League team from the next town over got to the state finals before losing to the team that ended up at the LLWS.

By comparison, high school is better. I played on the freshman team last year, with the coolest coach ever, who was fresh out of college. We had some good times. Now, the same coach was the JV coach, but AJ Pollock's high school coach (the varsity coach) decided to cut only sophomores, when there were clearly inferior juniors/seniors. I was the last man cut in a year where there are upwards of 10 seniors. I spent 3 months getting in shape, and played flawlessly during tryouts, outworking the competition, only to have it all go to waste. What sucks even more, I can't avoid the team. Everywhere I go, I see them practicing.
    You can still play AAU and Babe Ruth can't you?

If I was Thunder, I'd just become a big fan of the girls track team. Seriously, just run the mile with the boys squad and chat it up with the girls the rest of the day.
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    ( I won't say the "C word.")

Quote Originally Posted by Spudboy View Post
    You can still play AAU and Babe Ruth can't you?
    Indeed. It's too late for AAU, although I am interested playing down the road. I will be playing Babe Ruth, but it starts in June.

Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    If I was Thunder, I'd just become a big fan of the girls track team. Seriously, just run the mile with the boys squad and chat it up with the girls the rest of the day.
    I was considering that, but I find track boring. I love running, but not in a straight line. The girls track team though goes out of their way to look like they want some action.
    I can't disagree with you

Talksox hall of famer RedSoxfanforlife305's Avatar
    Hint: You're not really there for running. Take MVP's advice.
    Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'

PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT : Mind your own fucking business if a conversation doesn't concern you and maybe we can start acting like adults.

Quote Originally Posted by RedSoxfanforlife305 View Post
    Hint: You're not really there for running. Take MVP's advice.
    Judging by the fact that they have already had a meet, the only spring sport to have started playing at this point, I think its too late.

The track coaches will typically take anyone no matter when it is during the season.
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    ( I won't say the "C word.")

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    Indeed. It's too late for AAU, although I am interested playing down the road. I will be playing Babe Ruth, but it starts in June.

I was considering that, but I find track boring. I love running, but not in a straight line. The girls track team though goes out of their way to look like they want some action.

This is intriguing. Is it difficult running in a crooked line? Is it easy to find crooked places to run in your area?

Quote Originally Posted by Ogden View Post
    This is intriguing. Is it difficult running in a crooked line? Is it easy to find crooked places to run in your area?
    I meant on a flat surface that is a big loop, like a track.

"Just one more thing..." Northern Star's Avatar
    depression
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

Quote Originally Posted by joeycaps View Post
    So shut up because you have no idea on what you say on anything as evidence of some of your ridiculous posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Star View Post
    depression
    Nothing much worse. I have a fair amount of experience & knowledge in the area - at the layman level.

Deity
    We caught it early on. The xrays showed no fluid in his lungs. He was put on antibiotics yesterday. Temperature got to 104 at one point. He was super lethargic and struggling to get fluids down. He's recovering today. Temperature has been up and down, but he's drinking much more and has more energy. He was able to go outside in this nice weather per doctor's orders.
    I am curious about your son. Just skyped with my grand daughters and listened to my grandson talk about the Easter Bunny. They are special little people. I hope and am guessing that things are ok with your family. They rebound quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Star View Post
    depression

I don't know if you are battling depression personally, or if you were just making a general statement, but depression is nothing to take lightly. Best wishes to you.

People use the word depression to describe a general feeling of discontent or something that may not be serious.

Organic depression is a very serious condition. If left unchecked things can go very bad very quickly.

I would urge anyone who can't seem to shake these episodes of malaise to seek professional help ASAP.

There is no shame in that at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Spudboy View Post
    People use the word depression to describe a general feeling of discontent or something that may not be serious.

Organic depression is a very serious condition. If left unchecked things can go very bad very quickly.

I would urge anyone who can't seem to shake these episodes of malaise to seek professional help ASAP.

There is no shame in that at all.
    Thanks Spud. Already in treatment for 8 years. I've actually felt better than ever at times in the last 2 years. but once in a while it gets bad again.
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

So shut up because you have no idea on what you say on anything as evidence of some of your ridiculous posts.

Missouri politician assholes trying to ban people from buying steak, seafood, chips or soft drinks with food stamps. Fuck outta here.
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win