Register now to remove this ad

Page 334 of 376 FirstFirst ... 234284324332333334335336344 ... LastLast
Results 4,996 to 5,010 of 5634

Thread: What Really Grinds My Gears

Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    Dear pets, please stop getting cancer. Thanks...
    Wow, that really sucks, mvp.
    I can't disagree with you

I feel for you my friend.
    We miss you Mike.

Sorry to hear that MVP.

Another one? Jeesh.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

Thanks everyone.

The good news is that the two remaining cats both are still hanging in there and aren't currently in any pain (according to the vet). One has a massive tumor on her head and hind leg (this is after having 2 breast cancer surgeries and one ruptured tumor removed from her head). The other has inoperable cancer that is affecting his stomach which will cause him to lose weight and waste away to nothing.

The tough part is knowing that they will only get worse and worse and that some day we'll have to make a very difficult decision. How do you REALLY know when a cat is feeling ok? When is it the right time? Blah... In the short term, it just means I'll be handing out cat treats and pepperoni as much as possible.
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    ( I won't say the "C word.")

Thanks everyone.

The good news is that the two remaining cats both are still hanging in there and aren't currently in any pain (according to the vet). One has a massive tumor on her head and hind leg (this is after having 2 breast cancer surgeries and one ruptured tumor removed from her head). The other has inoperable cancer that is affecting his stomach which will cause him to lose weight and waste away to nothing.

The tough part is knowing that they will only get worse and worse and that some day we'll have to make a very difficult decision. How do you REALLY know when a cat is feeling ok? When is it the right time? Blah... In the short term, it just means I'll be handing out cat treats and pepperoni as much as possible.
    That is such a tough decision. I struggled with that as my last dog got older. People told me that I would know when the time was right. One morning, she had a stroke or something stroke-like. She couldn't walk. It was time, and it was gut-wrenching, but before we could leave the house to take her to the Vet, she saved us from making the decision and expired peacefully as I watched over her. Good luck with your pets. When the time comes you will know, or they will take the decision out of your hands.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

Thanks everyone.

I'm sorry you're going through this with your pets MVP. I know how difficult it can be. Good luck in making those tough decisions.

"Just one more thing..." Northern Star's Avatar
    Our cat is about 11-12 and we think she has arthritis. We give her a little milk every night. Of course, now every time we go into the kitchen, she trots out and stands in front of the fridge expectantly.
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

Quote Originally Posted by joeycaps View Post
    So shut up because you have no idea on what you say on anything as evidence of some of your ridiculous posts.

One of my dogs, who I don't remember a time without, still has a ton of life in him, but he has these fatty lumps on his chest that have slowly started to harden. We think that will kill him at some point. He's almost 12, and we've had him since I was in the first grade. When I leave for college, that might be the last time I see him.
    I can't disagree with you

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    One of my dogs, who I don't remember a time without, still has a ton of life in him, but he has these fatty lumps on his chest that have slowly started to harden. We think that will kill him at some point. He's almost 12, and we've had him since I was in the first grade. When I leave for college, that might be the last time I see him.
    Well, happy days....
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

So shut up because you have no idea on what you say on anything as evidence of some of your ridiculous posts.

Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Star View Post
    Texas is unusual in that it has no statewide ban on texting while driving.

Texas is unusual in that it has no statewide ban on texting while driving.
    Of course not. Because no one cares about human life there.
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

Missing my dear friend and fellow poster, SoxnCycles.

Quote Originally Posted by Kimmi View Post
    Missing my dear friend and fellow poster, SoxnCycles.
    Did something happen?