Register now to remove this ad

Page 342 of 342 FirstFirst ... 242292332340341342
Results 5,116 to 5,129 of 5129

Thread: What Really Grinds My Gears

  1. #5116
    Quote Originally Posted by SoxHop View Post
    I'm not much of a golfer.
    Did you and a friend by chance break into a deadbeat's house and piss on his rug?
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

    "Cash me ousside, howbow dah"

    Quote Originally Posted by BstHcpr View Post
    This isn't MLB2K17.
    Quote Originally Posted by joeycaps View Post
    So shut up because you have no idea on what you say on anything as evidence of some of your ridiculous posts.

  2. #5117
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Star View Post
    Did you and a friend by chance break into a deadbeat's house and piss on his rug?
    Lol..... I knew the movie, but not the scene. Had to look it up..

    It really tied the room together..
    Everybody here is out of sight
    They don't bark, and they don't bite
    They keep things loose, they keep things light
    Everybody was dancin' in the moonlight

  3. #5118
    I could go for a stiff Caucasian about now.
    "Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'" RIP Mike.


    "It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

  4. #5119
    If changes to Fenway and environs are to be made, the gates should be relabeled to be in some order or sequence.

    Tonight I attended an event there with a700. We parked in the Masco lot on Brookline Avenue right next to Boston Beer Works. I saw Gate A on Yawkey way and told a700 let's just mosey on down Yawkey way to our gate, Gate C.

    WRONG! Gate C is located in the center field side of the wall on Landsdown Street.

    I made us walk around the entire stadium unnecessarily. The order of the Gates is fucked. I never noticed this in the 50 years that I have attended games there.

    I could have just walked across Brookline Ave and walked about 150 feet.

    Despite this fuck-up I had a blast talking to a700.

    What a cool dude. Funny as fuck, too.
    "Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'" RIP Mike.


    "It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

  5. #5120
    I'm mad at virtually every single person in this country.
    University of Connecticut Class of 2021

    Quote Originally Posted by Navafan29 View Post
    If our new MLB comissioner goes big government and forces all ballparks to get rid of their quirks, we should replace the center field triangle with a cave for Buchholz to live in, and he comes out of it whenever it's time for him to pitch.

  6. #5121
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    I'm mad at virtually every single person in this country.
    Buy an AK and have at it kid.

    You too can be famous.
    "Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'" RIP Mike.


    "It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

  7. #5122
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudboy View Post
    Buy an AK and have at it kid.

    You too can be famous.
    I would go on a rant right now, but I don't want to get political.
    University of Connecticut Class of 2021

    Quote Originally Posted by Navafan29 View Post
    If our new MLB comissioner goes big government and forces all ballparks to get rid of their quirks, we should replace the center field triangle with a cave for Buchholz to live in, and he comes out of it whenever it's time for him to pitch.

  8. #5123
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudboy View Post
    If changes to Fenway and environs are to be made, the gates should be relabeled to be in some order or sequence.

    Tonight I attended an event there with a700. We parked in the Masco lot on Brookline Avenue right next to Boston Beer Works. I saw Gate A on Yawkey way and told a700 let's just mosey on down Yawkey way to our gate, Gate C.

    WRONG! Gate C is located in the center field side of the wall on Landsdown Street.

    I made us walk around the entire stadium unnecessarily. The order of the Gates is fucked. I never noticed this in the 50 years that I have attended games there.

    I could have just walked across Brookline Ave and walked about 150 feet.

    Despite this fuck-up I had a blast talking to a700.

    What a cool dude. Funny as fuck, too.
    A few weeks ago 2 TalkSox legends met at Fenway Park. YOTN and I enjoyed a Red Sox win. Tonight again, two TalkSox legends-- Spudboy and 700. It is where all TalkSox legends should meet for the first time. JetBlue Park (aka Fenway South) is also acceptable, I met S5Dewey there.

    We had a blast except for the fact that a dyslexic apparently lettered the Gates out of sequence. We should have taped the 3+ hours of wide ranging conversation (mainly focused on the Red Sox) and posted it here. There would have been high demand for WEEI to give us a drivetime slot, and we would not need any tosser callers to be entertaining. Spud and I discussed the name of the show, but I liked Spud's suggestion the best--- The King of TalkSox and his Court (aka Resident Old Fart). Spud, next time we bring a videographer with us!
    Last edited by a700hitter; 08-18-2017 at 12:09 AM.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kimmi View Post
    This is true. Baseball is such a random sport.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dojji View Post
    [T]he conclusion to be drawn is that there is no practical value in seeking this ideal lineup, and in that case any way in which it might be meaningfully termed "best" is irrelevant, academic at best, pedantic at worst

  9. #5124
    Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    A few weeks ago 2 TalkSox legends met at Fenway Park. YOTN and I enjoyed a Red Sox win. Tonight again, two TalkSox legends-- Spudboy and 700. It is where all TalkSox legends should meet for the first time. JetBlue Park (aka Fenway South) is also acceptable, I met Dewey there.

    We had a blast except for the fact that a dyslexic apparently lettered the Gates out of sequence. We should have taped the 3+ hours of wide ranging conversation (mainly focused on the Red Sox) and posted it here. There would have been high demand for WEEI to give us a drivetime slot, and we would not need any tosser callers to be entertaining. Spud and I discussed the name of the show, but I liked Spud's suggestion the best--- The King of TalkSox and his Court (aka Resident Old Fart). Spud, next time we bring a videographer with us!
    And we were sober!

    I have to say that when you turn out the lights Fenway is really cool.

    Although I did not see any curtains so some activities would be a challenge!
    "Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'" RIP Mike.


    "It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

  10. #5125
    Quote Originally Posted by spudboy View Post
    and we were sober!

    I have to say that when you turn out the lights fenway is really cool.

    Although i did not see any curtains so some activities would be a challenge!
    lol!
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kimmi View Post
    This is true. Baseball is such a random sport.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dojji View Post
    [T]he conclusion to be drawn is that there is no practical value in seeking this ideal lineup, and in that case any way in which it might be meaningfully termed "best" is irrelevant, academic at best, pedantic at worst

  11. #5126
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudboy View Post
    And we were sober!

    I have to say that when you turn out the lights Fenway is really cool.

    Although I did not see any curtains so some activities would be a challenge!
    if we were drunk, they would offer us a SIRIUS Radio gig.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kimmi View Post
    This is true. Baseball is such a random sport.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dojji View Post
    [T]he conclusion to be drawn is that there is no practical value in seeking this ideal lineup, and in that case any way in which it might be meaningfully termed "best" is irrelevant, academic at best, pedantic at worst

  12. #5127
    For the record I suggested The King of Talksox and his Minion.

    Although the other one is decent too.

    I would like to read a transcript of our conversation. Lol.

    All governments and the UN should be abolished. Together, we could come up with the solutions for all of the World's problems. I am now convinced of this.

    Just look at how we developed policy regarding the one word not to say to a woman while she is performing a certain favor for a man.

    Genius I tell you. Genius.
    "Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'" RIP Mike.


    "It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

  13. #5128
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudboy View Post
    For the record I suggested The King of Talksox and his Minion.

    Although the other one is decent too.

    I would like to read a transcript of our conversation. Lol.

    All governments and the UN should be abolished. Together, we could come up with the solutions for all of the World's problems. I am now convinced of this.

    Just look at how we developed policy regarding the one word not to say to a woman while she is performing a certain favor for a man.

    Genius I tell you. Genius.
    Most problems are easily solved.

    I did take some creative license with your suggested show title.

    I am rethinking not taking callers on the show. Maybe we should take callers for 1 hour-- probably our lowest rated hour. We will have a 7 second delay so we can hang up as soon as someone mentions WAR or UZR or BAPIP or some other sterile statistical measure. I want callers with stories about whether Earl Weaver ever came out to argue a call while smoking a cigarette, or Carlton Fisk's proficiency in translating Spanish. That is baseball, that is color commentary. Stories like that get to the soul of the game.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kimmi View Post
    This is true. Baseball is such a random sport.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dojji View Post
    [T]he conclusion to be drawn is that there is no practical value in seeking this ideal lineup, and in that case any way in which it might be meaningfully termed "best" is irrelevant, academic at best, pedantic at worst

  14. #5129
    We may need to hire my good ex-wife to translate some of what you say.

    She grew up in Brooklyn before moving out to the South Fork.

    Once we are syndicated and on air in NYC this won't be a problem. So we give her a short term deal.

    Of course if we do go the Serious path she would be fun to have around. No one has a classier potty mouth than she does.
    "Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'" RIP Mike.


    "It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •