Register now to remove this ad

Page 332 of 333 FirstFirst ... 232282322330331332333 LastLast
Results 4,966 to 4,980 of 4986

Thread: What Really Grinds My Gears

  1. #4966
    Glad your dog is okay a700. I was worried the ending was going to be bad.

    Don't lose faith in people. There are still a lot of good ones out there, like the elderly couple.

  2. #4967
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimmi View Post
    Glad your dog is okay a700. I was worried the ending was going to be bad.

    Don't lose faith in people. There are still a lot of good ones out there, like the elderly couple.
    Thanks. We brought them a nice cake today as a thank you.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kimmi View Post
    This is true. Baseball is such a random sport.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dojji View Post
    [T]he conclusion to be drawn is that there is no practical value in seeking this ideal lineup, and in that case any way in which it might be meaningfully termed "best" is irrelevant, academic at best, pedantic at worst

  3. #4968
    It kind of figures that the older couple were willing to help.
    "Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'" RIP Mike.


    "It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

  4. #4969
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudboy View Post
    It kind of figures that the older couple were willing to help.
    Even though they owned cell phones, they decided to help instead of taking a video.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kimmi View Post
    This is true. Baseball is such a random sport.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dojji View Post
    [T]he conclusion to be drawn is that there is no practical value in seeking this ideal lineup, and in that case any way in which it might be meaningfully termed "best" is irrelevant, academic at best, pedantic at worst

  5. #4970
    Sorry I missed all of this. I really am glad that things ended well for you and Bonnie.

  6. #4971
    Quote Originally Posted by cp176 View Post
    Sorry I missed all of this. I really am glad that things ended well for you and Bonnie.
    Thanks.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kimmi View Post
    This is true. Baseball is such a random sport.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dojji View Post
    [T]he conclusion to be drawn is that there is no practical value in seeking this ideal lineup, and in that case any way in which it might be meaningfully termed "best" is irrelevant, academic at best, pedantic at worst

  7. #4972

  8. #4973
    Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Yesterday, after 2 days of heavy rain, I took my dog out for a walk. About 10 minutes into the walk, she stopped to do her business. As I bent down to do the cleanup, I felt that she was moving around slightly and then there was a quick jerk. I looked up and she had escaped the harness and was about 6 feet away on a lawn. I tried to stay calm, but this energetic Australian Shepherd thinks it is a game when she gets free and she is fast as hell. The first time that she got loose was 4 years ago when we first got her from the shelter after she had her leg operation. She was impossible to run down on 3 legs. Now, she is fully healthy and there is no chance to catch her.

    She ran across the street (a very lightly trafficked street) and into the yard of another homes. I wasn't sure if they had a fence at the back of their property. If not, behind their property is a wooded preserve. It has always been a fear of mine that one of my dogs would get lost in those woods. They had a fence so I tried to cut off her exit, but she is very fast and elusive. The elderly homeowners came out of their back door and tried to entice her with doggie treats, but she was full of energy and nothing was going to distract her from her fun. She ran out of their yard into the street made a left turn and found the entrance to the preserve. I called my wife for reinforcement as I pursued. Initially she stayed on the bike path. A biker appeared coming in the opposite direction. I yelled to him to stop my dog. He slowed down but passed the dog. As he approached me, I asked if he could help, because I had no chance of getting her, and on the other side of a narrow strip of woods at that point is a heavily trafficked highway, so I was extremely nervous. He giggled awkwardly said nothing and went on his way. Another biker approached didn't even slow down even though he could see me running after the dog and I was shouting for help. I guess that he must have had some good split time going and couldn't be bothered to help someone. And into the woods she went.

    She found a dirt path that went alongside the fence of the High School football field. It is a very narrow path. On the other side was a narrow patch of woods with a highway on the other side. She took off in full gallop and I was on the verge of exhaustion. At the end of that path was the 2 lane highway and the exit off the parkway. I saw a man with a dog at the end of the path. I shouted to him that my dog was loose and asked him to grab her if she approached his dog. He didn't acknowledge me at all. My dog stopped before reaching the other dog turned around and ran toward me. She stopped 10 feet short of me and then ran back in the other direction toward the man and his dog. Again she stopped short of the man and his dog, and she started back in full stride toward me. If the man stayed there with his dog, my dog would eventually get exhausted if she didn't bolt into the woods. As she was running back toward me, the other guy walked away with his dog, so I no longer had a barrier at the other end of the path. The guy never acknowledged me at all and was seemingly completely disinterested. Luckily, on the second trip back toward me, she finally got exhausted trotted up to me and she sat and lied down to rest. As I secured her, the elderly man from the house was in pursuit and was yelling out to ask if I found her. I yelled back to say that I had secured her. He said, "thank God." As I was bringing her back out of the preserve, I met him on the bike path. He had brought doggie treats with him and his wife was following up. They restored my faith that there are some good people left, as I was in disbelief that 2 other people completely ignored me and another just laughed. All is well that ends well, and Bonnie had quite the adventure.

    She will never go out again without a choker chain. This escape technique from the harness is a learned skill and I cannot take the chance again. The first time she did it was at the Veterinarian's office. When the vet took her for some tests, she quickly turned backward lifted her front legs and jerked right out of the harness. The vet was standing holding the harness and looking shocked. She told me that the dog is an escape artist. If you have a dog and you walk it on a harness and the dog shows any proclivity to escape from the harness, I urge you to stop using the harness. They can escape very quickly.
    Wow.... that's insane...

  9. #4974
    Jeffrey Loria as ambassador to France? Is this real life?

    I'm sure it's just a coincidence that he's selling the Marlins to the President's son-in-law's father (who to be fair says they'll drop the deal if Loria is nominated).
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

    A single spark can start a spectral fire

    Quote Originally Posted by joeycaps View Post
    So shut up because you have no idea on what you say on anything as evidence of some of your ridiculous posts.

  10. #4975
    One of our cats was run over by a motorcycle. She was pregnant and almost due. Life sucks sometimes
    We miss you Mike.

  11. #4976
    Quote Originally Posted by User Name? View Post
    One of our cats was run over by a motorcycle. She was pregnant and almost due. Life sucks sometimes
    We had 2 of our cats die within a month. One had cancer and her death was expected, but the other died after a neighbor sprayed insecticide around her yard.

  12. #4977

  13. #4978
    My old washer lasted 15 years or so. In the last 4 year I have purchased 2 washer. The 2013 washer stop working just 1 year after and got it repaired, and this past summer it was broken again. I went out to get a new one instead of going through another repair. Appliances seems to die so fast these days.

  14. #4979
    I was going to come here and whine about my pepper mishap (Has anyone ever spilled a good amount of pepper on the counter/floor?), but after reading the posts about cats and washing machines, I will count my blessings.

    RIP kitties (and washing machines).

  15. #4980
    Quote Originally Posted by Station 13 View Post
    My old washer lasted 15 years or so. In the last 4 year I have purchased 2 washer. The 2013 washer stop working just 1 year after and got it repaired, and this past summer it was broken again. I went out to get a new one instead of going through another repair. Appliances seems to die so fast these days.
    I find that the problem is often faulty electronics. Technology has replaced the old fashioned knobs, but the electronic pads and circuitry suck for durability.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kimmi View Post
    This is true. Baseball is such a random sport.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dojji View Post
    [T]he conclusion to be drawn is that there is no practical value in seeking this ideal lineup, and in that case any way in which it might be meaningfully termed "best" is irrelevant, academic at best, pedantic at worst

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •