Register now to remove this ad

Page 319 of 527 FirstFirst ... 219269309317318319320321329369419 ... LastLast
Results 4,771 to 4,785 of 7895

Thread: Official NFL thread

iortiz, i am actively trying to think of something more annoying than you, but i'm having a very hard time coming up with it. You don't know me. You only know what i let you know through the internet. Just STFU and get off my nuts. Go get a doggie treat from a700 or Fred or something.
    We miss you Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by User Name? View Post
    iortiz, i am actively trying to think of something more annoying than you, but i'm having a very hard time coming up with it. You don't know me. You only know what i let you know through the internet. Just STFU and get off my nuts. Go get a doggie treat from a700 or Fred or something.
    Yeah, when a guy's hobby is to have a bullying crusade against other poster that doesn't even know, speaks volumes about his mental condition.

So... If you do not want to be called out, stop being a dick and behave.
    Last edited by iortiz; 01-30-2014 at 10:08 AM.
    Tiburones Rojos de Veracruz & Boston Red Sox

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    In the words of Don Corleone when he slaps a crying Johnny Fontaine: "Act like a man!" No, offense ladies.

Quote Originally Posted by iortiz View Post
    Yeah, when a guy's hobby is to have a bullying crusade against other poster that doesn't even know, speaks volumes about his mental condition.

So... If you do not want to be called out, stop being a dick and behave.
    LOL!! Hen wants you to get off his nuts!! That's because he prefers to send pictures of his nuts over the internet to other posters. LOL!!!
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

Quote Originally Posted by iortiz View Post
    The whole point of message boards like this one is to communicate with other people. Most of us have stuck around here because it is a solid community of regulars with a good deal of baseball knowledge, or entertainment value. Some have even compared it to a family, considering how some of us have been here years.

The problem with SoxSport is that he treats this place like a soapbox. He stands up on his pedestal, says what he wants to say, and ignores every person and post that other people make. It is as if the rest of us don't exist. I find it disrespectful, and that he contributes very little to the conversation, or the community the rest of us have developed here. He has such strong opinions... why not debate with the rest of us instead of coming in, making a statement, and ignoring everyone else?
    Last edited by Palodios; 01-30-2014 at 09:24 PM.

Well at least he's got his own opinions unlike iortiz.
    We miss you Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by Palodios View Post
    The whole point of message boards like this one is to communicate with other people. Most of us have stuck around here because it is a solid community of regulars with a good deal of baseball knowledge, or entertainment value. Some have even compared it to a family, considering how some of us have been here years.

The problem with SoxSport is that he treats this place like a soapbox. He stands up on his pedestal, says what he wants to say, and ignores every person and post that other people make. It is as if the rest of us don't exist. I find it disrespectful, and that he contributes very little to the conversation, or the community the rest of us have developed here. He has such strong opinions... why not debate with the rest of us instead of coming in, making a statement, and ignoring everyone else?
    Mmm... I don't think that it is entirely true Pal. I have had the opportunity to interact with him at times. I have also seen him interact with other people. What I have noticed is that he doesn't involve in fights which is excelent, even when nasty guys like U? All the time are provoking him. For example, you probably don't like him at all as you said once and is ok but you let it go. On the other hand some posters act like psychos like this U? (even make this for hobby, wtf?)
    Tiburones Rojos de Veracruz & Boston Red Sox

In the words of Don Corleone when he slaps a crying Johnny Fontaine: "Act like a man!" No, offense ladies.

LOL!! Hen wants you to get off his nuts!! That's because he prefers to send pictures of his nuts over the internet to other posters. LOL!!!
    ... And send you private messages warning you about bulks of bullshit; on an internet board? Really? Unbelievable!
    Last edited by iortiz; 01-30-2014 at 10:57 PM.

Super, Duper Moderator Youk Of The Nation's Avatar
    Okay, this has gone beyond when I should have stopped it. I will admit to not stepping in when I should have. Everyone stop.
    Quote Originally Posted by YANKEESRULE View Post
    Yea got hand it to the Sox, they just could not go queitly into the night. Well, they are just post-poning the inevitable.
    - From the 2004 ALCS Game 4 Gamethread. A reminder that no game is over until the final out is recorded, and things will always get better. Misspellings unchanged as a reminder that Yankees fans are just terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Palodios View Post

I'm pretty sure I've read somewhere that he's in his 70s or 80s, or at least I've seen him talking about seeing players who last played in the 1940s/50s, so it maybe it was implied, but I'm pretty sure he's one of, if not THE oldest member on the forum. Let him have his opinion, I'm sure he doesn't really care if you insult him, after 80+ years, it probably has no effect, but that's what I consider disrespectful behavior, not the perceived sleight when someone doesn't respond to you. I honestly haven't seen SS call anyone a name once since he's been here, and he may have at some point, so feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. Despite that, he has a group dedicated to pointing out how crazy he sounds practically every time he makes a post. Seriously, if there are nuts in need of being gotten off of, it's SS'.

Soz for disregarding the warning, but I felt like this needed to be pointed out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Youk Of The Nation View Post
    We're sorry, your search for "Fucks Given By Koji Uehara" did not return any results

He has engaged people, the last of them being Jacko (is Jacko people though?). He just has everyone who disagrees with him on ignore. Besides, no one calls him names, we just disagree with his opinion even if he doesn't reply. Saying "you don't make sense" is not a personal attack. Get your facts straight.
    Last edited by User Name?; 01-31-2014 at 05:46 AM.
    We miss you Mike.

On the topic of football (which is what this thread is for) i stumbled onto a list on NFL.com that has the "10 most clutch QB's". The list has Brady, Elway, Montana as 3-2-1, with Unitas fifth.

I would personally have them Brady, Unitas, Montana, Elway as 4-3-2-1. Thoughts?
    We miss you Mike.

On the topic of football (which is what this thread is for) i stumbled onto a list on NFL.com that has the "10 most clutch QB's". The list has Brady, Elway, Montana as 3-2-1, with Unitas fifth.

I would personally have them Brady, Unitas, Montana, Elway as 4-3-2-1. Thoughts?
    My thoughts:

1) Montana at #1.
    2) The only live glimpse I ever had at Unitas was when he came off the bench in Super Bowl III, so I can't rate him properly.
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

The Red Sox are 8-1 in their last 9 postseason games against the Yankees.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    My thoughts:

1) Montana at #1.
    2) The only live glimpse I ever had at Unitas was when he came off the bench in Super Bowl III, so I can't rate him properly.
    Unitas also started Super Bowl V but departed after having his ribs broken in the first half with a helmet hit that would be illegal today. He managed to throw a 75 yard TD to Mackey before the injury. It was a tipped pass.

By the time Unitas played in those Super Bowls he had already experience the torn elbow tendon that was never repaired. He missed almost the entire season leading up to Super Bowl III with that injury. His arm was never the same, but he was still a great field general and winner for a few more seasons.

Super Bowl III may have been Don Shula's biggest failure as a coach. THe Jets did not match up with them at all.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

What? Brady over Eli???

I'd probably put Elway #1 if he was only playing the Browns. Otherwise, Montana has my vote. I can't really rateanyone pre 80's.

I've done extensive research on Unitas' career although i obviously didn't see him play. That's why i'm asking for the input of others, but i see your point.
    We miss you Mike.