Register now to remove this ad

Page 379 of 527 FirstFirst ... 279329369377378379380381389429479 ... LastLast
Results 5,671 to 5,685 of 7895

Thread: Official NFL thread

Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    3 games, 2 crazy finishes so far.
    Yeah, but I don't feel the least bit bad for Cincy.

I feel really bad for Minny, especially the kicker.

"Just one more thing..." Northern Star's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasonbay44 View Post
    Vontaze Burfict is pathetic, ever since he came in the league he's been head hunting, its karma him and Pacmans dumb asses cost their team the game. How many injuries, complaints and fines is the NFL gonna allow Pacman and Burfict to get away with? Unbelievable.
    The guy has an awesome name but was undrafted for a reason. Should probably be run out of the league. Or Cincy, at least.
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

Quote Originally Posted by joeycaps View Post
    So shut up because you have no idea on what you say on anything as evidence of some of your ridiculous posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Kimmi View Post
    Yeah, but I don't feel the least bit bad for Cincy.

I feel really bad for Minny, especially the kicker.
    Laces OUT, laces OUT, laces OUT
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

So shut up because you have no idea on what you say on anything as evidence of some of your ridiculous posts.

Trump: The NFL is soft.

I've had way beyond my fill of this asshat.
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

Quote Originally Posted by Youk Of The Nation View Post
    I wish I could say I was excited that the Steelers won, but I'm not, really. They made the playoffs by the skin of their teeth, and the game against Denver will be played by the backup QB. They won last night, but I think they won just for a chance to lose the second round. I don't see them beating Denver, as much as I would wish otherwise.
    Steelers beat them in regular season, however, their chances are gonna depend on how healthy everyone is. Big Ben, AB, and Deangelo are all gonna be very questionable to play. If Big Ben is out, the Steelers have absolutely no shot. They won the game, but Burfict really took his toll. He's injured Big Ben, Bell and Brown this year all on very questionable hits.
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    James Harrison
    Burfict makes Harrison seem like an angel. Harrison has never cost his team the game to blatantly attempt to injure another teams player. Burfict has been grabbing ankle, throwing punches and taking illegal cheap shots for the past two seasons and NFL has done very little in terms of punishment.

Quote Originally Posted by RedSoxfanforlife305 View Post
    At least your team is in the playoffs and won, be happy about that.
    I'm glad they won, but I'm getting tired of seeing the same shit happen every game with the Bengals. Its not a fluke thing, Burfict has had cheap shots on Greg Olsen, Cam Newton, Big Ben (numerous times), AB, Leveon Bell, Gary Barnidge and Maxx Williams off the top of my head.. and There has definitely been more.. This is a trend:
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...d-be-suspended
    http://www.steelersdepot.com/2016/01...ms-in-week-17/
    http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-...bell-went-down
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...hlisberger-hit
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...injuring-sack/
    http://nesn.com/2015/09/adam-pacman-...scuffle-video/
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200...ek-3-incidents
    http://www.si.com/nfl/2016/01/10/cin...ict-suspension

Its really getting old. Say what you want about guys like Harrison and Ryan Clark, but you can't tell me Harrison and Clark weren't at least respected. After a Steelers/Ravens game, yeah they hated each other, but Suggs, Harrison, Polamalu, Reed and etc had respect for each other, they weren't out there to injure each other intentionally. Harrison had a few questionable hits and he was punished severely, Burfict has been doing this shit for three years with nothing but fines (which I'm sure is teaching him a lesson! He only does it every week!).
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimmi View Post
    I don't follow football too closely, so I really don't know what their history is, but that was a sad display of sportsmanship by both the Cincy players and their fans. They didn't deserve to win that game, and I say that as someone who was rooting for them when the game started.
    the Steelers/Bengals have always had a rivalry, but it got really bad this season after Burficts antics. It started early in the season when Vontaze Burfict got called for a penalty for kicking Leveon Bell, and a few plays later sequentially injured Bell on a play that ended up resulting in Bell tearing his ACL, while Bell was on the ground in pain, Burfict celebrated over him and taunted the Steelers offensive line. After the game Steelers linebacker Vince Williams sent out death threats to Burfict over Twitter, which was just as dumb and as bad as Burfict. Next time they played, before the game started, Pacman Jones went on a rant on Instagram calling the Steelers "Shitsburgh" and wearing a "fuck pittsburgh" t-shirt, you know keeping it classy. Other Bengals such as Marquise Flowers also sent out threats directed at Deangelo Williams, AB, Big Ben and etc. Burfict got called for 3 personal foul penalties in the game, most notably for a late hit on Ben Roetlisberger and late in the game as Steelers were blowing the Bengals out, Burfict got into a fight with David Decastro and punched him numerous times, but somehow wasn't thrown out of the game, he received 70k in fines after the game but wasn't suspended. As part of retaliation in the game, Steelers had TE Matt Spaeth go after Burfict and had Mike Mitchell jack up Tyler Eifert over the middle, on a hit that concussed Eifert.

After the game, it turned into another twitter war, where Steelers lineman Marcus Gilbert said he prays he gets Bengals in playoffs and guaranteed a win, which of course fired up Burficts dumb ass anymore, and then we have all that happened yesterday.

I can honestly say as someone who played sports I would never want a guy like Burfict on Pacman on my team, if you keep taking dirty shots at other teams players, especially their star players, its gonna result in retaliation. Sucks for a guy like Tyler Eifert who goes over the middle a lot, and has a lot of guys who want to hit him, and hit him high due to the actions of his idiotic teammates. I've never seen a team literally go out of their way to injure people, even if it means losing the game, its truly pathetic.

Burfict is an ass and has not been suspended enough. That whole game was an embarrassment for both teams (nonsense from Steelers coaching staff, players being out of control). The Steelers have also had a few dirtbags in recent memory so don't wag your finger too hard.

Unfortunately, the NFL is probably enjoying the extra attention on this game. It's a very flawed sport right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    ( I won't say the "C word.")

Burfict is an ass and has not been suspended enough. That whole game was an embarrassment for both teams (nonsense from Steelers coaching staff, players being out of control). The Steelers have also had a few dirtbags in recent memory so don't wag your finger too hard.

Unfortunately, the NFL is probably enjoying the extra attention on this game. It's a very flawed sport right now.
    Supposedly, Burfect is now suspended for 3 games, beginning at the start of next season.
    Hopefully, a couple of Steeler coaches get fines.
    “The louder he talked of his honor, the faster we counted our spoons.” -Ralph Waldo Emerson

"When you're dead, you don't know you're dead.
    It's only difficult for other people.

It works the same way for stupid."

Jones, Porter and Munchak (hair puller) will all be fined.
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    ( I won't say the "C word.")

Jones, Porter and Munchak (hair puller) will all be fined.
    Unrelated to any of this controversy, I would never sport long hair or dreadlocks if I played football. Having your hair yanked out of your head as you are moving at high speed with tremendous force must hurt like hell. Football players have throughout the years taken extraordinary efforts to make sure that there is nothing for their opponent to grasp. They tape their uniform sleeves to their pads etc, yet they run around with long hair hanging from their helmets.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

Carolina up 31-0 and it's only halftime. See ya, Seahawks.
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Star View Post
    Carolina up 31-0 and it's only halftime. See ya, Seahawks.
    They held on to win 31-24. Strange game.
    Last edited by a700hitter; 01-17-2016 at 07:35 PM.

Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

"Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

Today's Bronco/Patriots game is not exactly a classic Brady/Peyton matchup, but it is a dramatic game going down to the final 2 minutes with the outcome still hanging in the balance.
    Last edited by a700hitter; 01-24-2016 at 08:12 PM.

Shaughnessy's column on this game will be a classic. Last week he ripped the Patriots for having (in his view) tanked the Miami game - if they had just won that game they would have played at home today.

I tend to not second-guess Belichick but......What the fuck BB?
    We miss you Mike.

Tom Brady has lost 5 straight postseason games against the Manning brothers.