Register now to remove this ad

Page 381 of 432 FirstFirst ... 281331371379380381382383391431 ... LastLast
Results 5,701 to 5,715 of 6469

Thread: Official NFL thread

  1. #5701
    Am I correct in assuming that none of you guys who are pulling for Peyton are Pats' fans?

  2. #5702
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimmi View Post
    Am I correct in assuming that none of you guys who are pulling for Peyton are Pats' fans?
    Pats are my second favorite team.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dojji View Post
    [T]he conclusion to be drawn is that there is no practical value in seeking this ideal lineup, and in that case any way in which it might be meaningfully termed "best" is irrelevant, academic at best, pedantic at worst
    Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Unlike hot streaks and clutch, the “Cliff” is a myth. It can’t be defined, and it’s future existence cannot be proved.

  3. #5703
    Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    It is Peyton's last hurrah. It would be nice to see him go out on top. He is the greatest QB of his generation and maybe of all time with Brady close behind. Cam will get other chances.
    I sense another debate thread coming on....
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

    Though I try to find the answer to all the questions they ask
    Though I know it's impossible to go living through the past

    Quote Originally Posted by joeycaps View Post
    So shut up because you have no idea on what you say on anything as evidence of some of your ridiculous posts.

  4. #5704

  5. #5705
    PuppyMonkeyBaby is quite possibly the most horrifying thing I have ever seen. The dead are to be envied, for they were spared that commercial. I may never sleep again.


  6. #5706
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimmi View Post
    Let's go Panthers!
    Bye bye Panthers!
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

    Though I try to find the answer to all the questions they ask
    Though I know it's impossible to go living through the past

    Quote Originally Posted by joeycaps View Post
    So shut up because you have no idea on what you say on anything as evidence of some of your ridiculous posts.

  7. #5707
    So is this the first Superbowl with no passing TDs or what?
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

    Though I try to find the answer to all the questions they ask
    Though I know it's impossible to go living through the past

    Quote Originally Posted by joeycaps View Post
    So shut up because you have no idea on what you say on anything as evidence of some of your ridiculous posts.

  8. #5708
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Star View Post
    So is this the first Superbowl with no passing TDs or what?
    No. The Jets are 1-0 in Super Bowls that featured no passing TDs. Joe Willie being carried off the field? Turns out neither he nor Unitas threw for a score.

    It also happened in Super Bowls VIII and XXVIII.
    University of Connecticut Class of 2021

    Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Hitting the ball with his nose was the best contact Pedroia has made in 3 games. Who needs Pedey, we have Brock Holt.

  9. #5709
    the game is not a pretty game for all of those who love the great offensive players sorry. It has been and always will be a game that is won on the LOS. If your defense is the best that there is, you certainly can win with an offense that is average. Defense first - offense second = champions.

  10. #5710
    Obviously happy Denver won but there will be an asterisk on this ring for Peyton, He was a non-factor and he wasn't exactly the reason they made it here this year. It's unfortunate that he couldn't have silenced the critics with a strong performance.

    And Cam needs to grow up. I understand being upset you lost, and that post game press conferences are bullshit, but it's your job and you are a leader for the team. Time to man up and act mature.
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

    Though I try to find the answer to all the questions they ask
    Though I know it's impossible to go living through the past

    Quote Originally Posted by joeycaps View Post
    So shut up because you have no idea on what you say on anything as evidence of some of your ridiculous posts.

  11. #5711
    Quote Originally Posted by cp176 View Post
    the game is not a pretty game for all of those who love the great offensive players sorry. It has been and always will be a game that is won on the LOS. If your defense is the best that there is, you certainly can win with an offense that is average. Defense first - offense second = champions.
    I thought for sure the ratings would tank with such a defensive game, but it was third-best.
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

    Though I try to find the answer to all the questions they ask
    Though I know it's impossible to go living through the past

    Quote Originally Posted by joeycaps View Post
    So shut up because you have no idea on what you say on anything as evidence of some of your ridiculous posts.

  12. #5712
    Peyton was downright horrible all season long. Broncos defense, especially Von Miller is absolutely ridiculous and carried this team all year.

    Also, regarding Cam, I don't have an issue with it, he wasn't "being a sore loser" like people are saying, after the game he still stood on the field and congratulated Peyton and other Broncos players. During his interview, in the same area Chris Harris was being asked questions about "shutting down Cam Newton", so I don't blame Cam for leaving the press conference early, he was emotional and just lost the biggest game of his career, give him a break.

    I don't understand the hatred for Cam Newton that a lot of the media and fans have, and never will.

  13. #5713
    Premier defenses always win in Super Bowls. The Broncos dismantled the great Brady. The only question for me was whether Cam's running dimension could offset the Bronco D. They did not work Cam's legs into their game plan enough, imo. I am happy for the great Peyton.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dojji View Post
    [T]he conclusion to be drawn is that there is no practical value in seeking this ideal lineup, and in that case any way in which it might be meaningfully termed "best" is irrelevant, academic at best, pedantic at worst
    Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Unlike hot streaks and clutch, the “Cliff” is a myth. It can’t be defined, and it’s future existence cannot be proved.

  14. #5714
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Star View Post
    I thought for sure the ratings would tank with such a defensive game, but it was third-best.
    I agree with you about Newton. With respect Manning, I have always felt the quarterbacks get too much credit when teams win and too much blame when they lose. It is a brutal game that is most often won and lost at the LOS.

    Watching a great defensive team is more enjoyable for me to watch. Maybe this game didn't make Pats fans feel any better but it should have. They could have beaten Denver and there was a reason why they looked so rough on the offensive side - The Denver defense. Carolina got punched early and often, they could not recover. After a while I think it was fairly obvious they weren't winning. I'm not sure that anybody's o-line could have stopped that Denver D last night.

  15. #5715
    Quote Originally Posted by Youk Of The Nation View Post
    PuppyMonkeyBaby is quite possibly the most horrifying thing I have ever seen. The dead are to be envied, for they were spared that commercial. I may never sleep again.
    That was pretty horrifying. Who comes up with this stuff?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •