Register now to remove this ad

Page 411 of 431 FirstFirst ... 311361401409410411412413421 ... LastLast
Results 6,151 to 6,165 of 6453

Thread: Official NFL thread

  1. #6151
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudboy View Post
    We'll see.

    Castell came in and won and he had not played since high school.
    Who is Castell?

  2. #6152
    Quote Originally Posted by BstHcpr View Post
    Who is Castell?
    Matt Cassell or however you spell it. He filled in for Brady in 2008, I believe.

    I think they went 10-6.
    "Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'" RIP Mike.


    "It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

  3. #6153
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudboy View Post
    Matt Cassell or however you spell it. He filled in for Brady in 2008, I believe.

    I think they went 10-6.
    Plus, they just went 3-1 this last year when he was out. At some point, people will stop underrating the Patriots.

  4. #6154
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudboy View Post
    We'll see.

    Castell came in and won and he had not played since high school.
    Bill retires with Brady. Pats are fucked.
    Fire Farrell - fucking check mark!
    Trade Pedroia
    Sign JD Martinez to play 1B/DH
    Sign Alex Cora for MGR - check plus!

  5. #6155
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    Bill retires with Brady. Pats are fucked.
    Yeah, it's pretty hard to replace the best GM, coach and QB in history all at once.

  6. #6156
    Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    Yeah, it's pretty hard to replace the best GM, coach and QB in history all at once.
    I think you'll see one retire before the other.
    I have no idea which one will be the first to throw in the towel.
    Brady looks like he could play another 5 years easy.
    Belichick is 65 and has said he wont coach into his 70s.
    “The louder he talked of his honor, the faster we counted our spoons.” -Ralph Waldo Emerson

    "When you're dead, you don't know you're dead.
    It's only difficult for other people.

    It works the same way for stupid."

  7. #6157
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    Bill retires with Brady. Pats are fucked.
    Talk about moving the goal posts! That is not what you originally suggested.

    Both leaving at once will be a jolt but if Matt Patricia is still there and the core of a strong coaching staff along with scouts, I think they will remain a winning team.
    "Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'" RIP Mike.


    "It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

  8. #6158
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudboy View Post
    Talk about moving the goal posts! That is not what you originally suggested.

    Both leaving at once will be a jolt but if Matt Patricia is still there and the core of a strong coaching staff along with scouts, I think they will remain a winning team.
    I didn't move the goalposts. I've always thought that Brady and Bill retire together.

    Also, I don't believe the Matt Cassel season is indicative of what the Pats would be like after Brady leaves. Cassel was given the one of the greatest offenses in the history of the NFL. With a lesser version of Welker or Moss, that team goes .500 or worse.
    Fire Farrell - fucking check mark!
    Trade Pedroia
    Sign JD Martinez to play 1B/DH
    Sign Alex Cora for MGR - check plus!

  9. #6159
    Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    Yeah, it's pretty hard to replace the best GM, coach and QB in history all at once.
    It's going to be such a substantial drop off that a lot of the bandwagon fans will disappear.

    I'm just buzzarding though.
    Fire Farrell - fucking check mark!
    Trade Pedroia
    Sign JD Martinez to play 1B/DH
    Sign Alex Cora for MGR - check plus!

  10. #6160
    Elliott suspended 6 games

  11. #6161
    Quote Originally Posted by BstHcpr View Post
    Elliott suspended 6 games
    Good.

    Four games for "more likely than not" being aware of deflated balls that did not exist.

    Six games for wailing on a babe.

    Sounds very fair to me!
    "Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'" RIP Mike.


    "It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

  12. #6162
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudboy View Post
    Good.

    Four games for "more likely than not" being aware of deflated balls that did not exist.

    Six games for wailing on a babe.

    Sounds very fair to me!
    Yeah, and he is still getting caught up in off field problems too. I would not be surprised to see him with another long term suspension down the road.

  13. #6163
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    I didn't move the goalposts. I've always thought that Brady and Bill retire together.

    Also, I don't believe the Matt Cassel season is indicative of what the Pats would be like after Brady leaves. Cassel was given the one of the greatest offenses in the history of the NFL. With a lesser version of Welker or Moss, that team goes .500 or worse.
    Subtracting the best three players from a roster usually results in a team being worse than .500.

  14. #6164
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudboy View Post
    Good.

    Four games for "more likely than not" being aware of deflated balls that did not exist.

    Six games for wailing on a babe.

    Sounds very fair to me!
    We get it, you're a Patriots homer with a hardon for Brady. It's getting tiresome.
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

    Though I try to find the answer to all the questions they ask
    Though I know it's impossible to go living through the past

    Quote Originally Posted by joeycaps View Post
    So shut up because you have no idea on what you say on anything as evidence of some of your ridiculous posts.

  15. #6165
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Star View Post
    We get it, you're a Patriots homer with a hardon for Brady. It's getting tiresome.
    He also gets triggered by statistics.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •